You are not logged in.

#1 02-08-08 16:13:47

Squeak

Auris vs Yaris

I'm getting a Motability car soon, and I can't make a decision on whether to get a Toyota Yaris or Auris!

My parents have a Yaris and love it, and I orginially wanted one of those, but now I've seen the Auris and sat in it etc, I really like that one too. Price isn't a factor as they're both the same on Motability. Also not sure whether to get deisel or petrol - both have an advance payment on a diesel but would it be better in the long run?

At the moment I'm edging towards the Auris, but would appriciate any reviews to help me in my decision smile Thanks!! xxx

02-08-08 16:13:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Auris vs Yaris

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 02-08-08 18:43:00

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

If your parents have a yaris you'll know boot space is limited; its the only thing that bothers me, I'm on my second one. diesel cheap to own & run; much torquier then say a fiesta tdci [had one as loan car].

Auris looks like a good buy too, never driven one; hope to soon then I can compare!

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#3 03-08-08 14:49:04

Squeak

Yep, boot space is very limited, and my 2 dogs have to fit in the boot, so Auris is better on that front.

#4 03-08-08 19:32:14

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Apologies to be an ecomentalist, but a larger car will do more damage to the environment.

It'll also cost more to run. Dogs will easily fit in the back with the seats down (very simple to do if I remember the Yaris).

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 03-08-08 20:14:16

DampDog
Verified Member

Apologies to be an ecomentalist, but a larger car will do more damage to the environment.

Am I missing something here, or does it list not  "Off road 4X4 training" in your sig. Not particularly Eco-warrior!

In the words of Hoody Elbow, man of mystery and clairvoyant extraordinaire, "People who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones...

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#6 03-08-08 20:23:29

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Work from the inside!

I am priveledged in my workplace that I get a chance to actually convince people NOT to buy vehicles they do not need. My finest achievement so far was to convince one company to ditch their Nissan Navarra's (pointless stupid vehicle, awful on road, unsafe and a waste of space on anything worse than a gravel track) for transit connects.

I recently had an email thanking me for my suggestion - they've had no problem at all with the transit connects being able to get where they need them to and they've saving themselves a fortune.

I make no apologies for trying to educate those who need 4x4's in how to use them properly so as not to ruin the environment they drive in and live in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 03-08-08 20:35:49

DampDog
Verified Member

My finest achievement so far was to convince one company to ditch their Nissan Navarra's (pointless stupid vehicle, awful on road, unsafe and a waste of space on anything worse than a gravel track) for transit connects.

OMG... You've tunrned a country bumpkin into........"White van man"...... transporting, gulp... non-organic chickens...... big_smile big_smile big_smile

Soz Tim, only windin you up cause I've got nothing better to do of a Sunday evening.. big_smile :evil:

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#8 03-08-08 20:52:57

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

You're welcome damp - I try not to preach too often but you offered me a soap box, so....!

Board footer