You are not logged in.

#1 11-03-05 21:54:44

SensibleSam

Mercedes A Class

Has anybody any experience of running the Mercedes A Class as a driving instructors car?
Is it reliable? Cheap to run? Brings in the customers? Anything else beneficial or otherwise?
Thanks
Sam

11-03-05 21:54:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Mercedes A Class

#2 11-03-05 22:01:58

galaxy
Website

I had one as a hire car when mine was been repaired, and its love to drink fuel and was not that comfortable, beware :?  wink

No Gears No Clutch No Problem !

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 11-03-05 22:06:47

adi
Verified Member
Website

There is a school of about 15 or so of them in my area, seem to be very popular by pupils and the driver is higher than usual giving a good view of the road ahead. I think the only downfall would be the cost of the vehicle reducing your profit margins.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 11-03-05 23:45:05

Anonymous

galaxy wrote:

I had one as a hire car when mine was been repaired, and its love to drink fuel and was not that comfortable, beware :?  wink

Damn right Galaxy.  Couldn't wait to get my miserly fuel sipping powerhouse Corsa DTi back.

Funny thing though, initially a couple of pups loved it.  One took her test in it saying if my car was ready on the day of her test then she still wanted to take it in the Merc.  Well it was ready but I paid an extra day's rental.  She failed.   sad   The steering lock is a whopping 4 turns lock to lock.  she was used to the Corsa's 3 turns L2L.  She failed because she pulled out to far when leaving the test centre and when pulling off at an angle.

I saw the test centre one and it was pretty wide but it didn't interfere with anyone and less than one minute into the drive?  Other threads cover this.

But back to the Merc.  No guts, a beer belly and the passenger seat gave me back ache.

All the pups that said they liked it initially began to loathe it and was dead pleased when I got the Corsa back.

There was a tiny shimmer of a silver lining.  One of my pups got a clean sheet whilst on test in the thing.   big_smile

Wessex.

#5 12-03-05 08:13:15

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

I owned one as a private car and used it while training - I would never touch one again.

If it had Ford or Vauxhall prices I could accept the broken trim pieces and rattles - but with Mercedes prices?  I had a friend who worked in a Mercedes garage - he hated them too and said the quality was an embarrasment to Mercedes.

It's not just the car price either - it's Mercedes service charges too.

Look elsewhere!

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#6 12-03-05 14:55:21

Bounty Hunter
Verified Member
Website

hi, I too had one on hire once and agree with all the problems mentioned, I dont usualy suffer back problems but by the second week of the hire period i was in agony. I did not like the driving position and the under steer foxed all my pupils, when you consider the price you have got to be a die hard merc fan to want one, your own private oil well would be nice as well lol

Tony

Chinese proverb "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

#7 12-03-05 21:49:01

SensibleSam

Thanks to all. Looks like I will cross this one off my list!!

Sam

Board footer