You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 31-07-08 07:04:19

kjs
Verified Member
Website

convince me !

So far this year we've seen petrol/diesel prices shoot through the roof. I've been saying all along that the fuel companies have been taking the pi££ and ripping us off t every opportunity. BP announced last week, profits of well over £1 billion so far this year, shell have just announced profits of over £4 billion , these figures are only for the first half of the year. Centrica, who own British Gas, have announced 1st half profits of almost £1 billion, and now British Gas have announced a rise in gas bills of ............... Wait for it.....................35%

So over to you. Convince me that the thieving sods ain't shafting us left right and center.

kjs

31-07-08 07:04:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: convince me !

#2 31-07-08 07:15:18

Lynne
Verified Member

British Gas say they only made 2% profit last year but hey I'm not going to convince you.

2 months ago I changed from EDS to Npower now last night I've just changed again and to a capped rate with E.on.  I went through Energywatch via Martin's Money Tips website wink

#3 31-07-08 13:17:51

DampDog
Verified Member

British Gas sent me 4 energy efficient light bulbs in the post this morning for free!

Pity they didn't send a rep round he could have put them to good use and stuck em where the sun don't shine. It's the amount stuff has gone up that's crippling, energy's up 30% ish, foods up 10-12%, I won't even mention petrol, come pay day there's nothing left after the bills have been paid. Think I'll buy myself a track suit and sign on with stress and let the government feed me.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#4 31-07-08 14:22:54

Target
Verified Member
Website

Mention charging a minimum fee for lessons and its price fixing, yet every garage in town is within 2p of each other.

Work that one out! big_smile

I think where these companys run a monopoly they should be regulated more. If we go into recession why can they not spread some of these profits around the help out the needing and I mean proper needing, not just someone who decided to get themselves knocked up and thinks they deserve a free house.

There too much money around and too much of a divide between the rich and poor.

5 minutes from my 2 bed flat theres another 2 bed flat UNDER OFFER................ Guess?

Were you close..........Near £800,000 for a 2 bed penthouse flat. Nice if you have it sitting around, personally id buy 2 decent sized 3 bed semi detached houses or maybe one and live like a king.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 31-07-08 16:03:58

DampDog
Verified Member

Were you close..........Near £800,000 for a 2 bed penthouse flat. Nice if you have it sitting around, personally id buy 2 decent sized 3 bed semi detached houses or maybe one and live like a king.

I suppose that also illustrates the "North - South" divide, up here in Stoke on Trent are some of the lowest house prices in the country, which would be great if wasn't also one of the lowest wage paying areas too. That £800,000 would buy you 4-5 modest 3 bed semi's.

Unfortunately our lives are now dominated by huge companies who orchestrate price, supply and demand. On a slightly different tac, some of the stuff I see truly disgusts me, thugs masquerading as footballers (Barton) jailed and released early back to their £71,000 a week jobs, while health-care workers earn the minimum wage.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

#6 31-07-08 16:36:04

hector
Verified Member
Website

Now my bloods boiling , im so angry my blood pressures rising again, low life scum bag Barton given YET another chance. Id bring back Eric Cantona to practice his Kung Fu on the bu ggar.

And before you start the git he kicked was sacked the week before by my wife for being an all round git and lout who deserved kicking  :x

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#7 31-07-08 16:48:32

Target
Verified Member
Website

suppose that also illustrates the "North - South" divide, up here in Stoke on Trent are some of the lowest house prices in the country, which would be great if wasn't also one of the lowest wage paying areas too. That £800,000 would buy you 4-5 modest 3 bed semi's.

Thats the thing.

Lessons fees may be around £4-£5 less per hour on average in Stoke on Trent but some instructors are willing to work for that money in London. How that work out.

Happy days.

Off to the movies 2nite with a buy one get one free voucher. big_smile

Thank heavens for cancellations or I would never have used it before the voucher ran out.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 31-07-08 17:18:10

DampDog
Verified Member

Thats the thing.

Lessons fees may be around £4-£5 less per hour on average in Stoke on Trent but some instructors are willing to work for that money in London. How that work out.

Saw an instructors car locally, vinyl'd up with first 5 lessons £50. where's the sense?

As for Barton in pretty much any industry serving time for assault would mean you lose your job, end of. Just sickens me, what message does that send out. Do what you like, when you like we don't mind so long as you make us money. Some of the stuff he's done on the pitch isn't far behind what he was locked up for.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

Board footer