You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 10-09-07 16:12:41

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

Learning to ride

As a dedicated car driver I think its about time I took the plunge and learned to ride a motorbike.
How do I go about it?
Do I need clothes a bike im confused.

http://www.learnnpass.co.uk/

Driving should be fun

10-09-07 16:12:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Learning to ride

#2 10-09-07 17:45:19

Kev D
Verified Member

There will usually be a local training provider who will allow you to use one of their bikes for your training which will be included in the cost of your training.

As for motorcycle protective clothing, you will be given an input on this subject on your CBT which is the first hurdle you would normally go through when doing motorcycle training.  They will explain the legal requirements RE: crash helmet, and would usually explain the different types of clothing available, from leathers, to sheltex etc.  When I did mine, I had no equipment for my CBT, but then when i did the rest of the training, I had purchased my own helmet, gloves, jacket and trousers, and I believe its worth doing as you will need them for when get your own bike anyway.

Phone your local training provider and they will let you know what training your are likely to need.  I did mine when I was an ADI, and I asked a local examiner who also conducts motorcycle tests and who he might recommend as a motorcycle training provider and of course he was not able to make such a comment, but in a conversation shortly after he did in passing say that his daughter was learning with a certain local motorcycle training school so I thought I would try them lol

Police Driver Trainer
Grade 6 ADI - May 2013

#3 18-02-08 14:46:09

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

Well I did it
I did a cbt last week found a bike in the auto trader and much to my wife's disgust bought it.
I have just come back from my first ride and am still shaking, that blew the cobwebs out.
Cant wait till my next cancellation.

Driving should be fun

#4 18-02-08 17:15:08

Kev D
Verified Member

Good on ya Mikerow, keep out on it.  Some people say that you 'drive a car, but you marry your bike'.  So the more time you spend on it, the more in tune with it you will get, and things will become more natural.

Keep it shiny side up mate ! ! !

Police Driver Trainer
Grade 6 ADI - May 2013

#5 30-07-08 12:13:06

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

What a day
I just passed my bike test with no minors!
Now to find a bike.

Driving should be fun

#6 30-07-08 21:04:19

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Congratulations on your pass!  Did mine almost 2 years ago with 2 faults   roll  Now look forward to the odd day when I can go out for a ride on my bike which sits in the garage most of the time but occasionally it's great to get out there and enjoy it!  It's a great learning experience and will never regret it!   big_smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

Board footer