You are not logged in.

#1 13-06-08 12:10:48

wolfchild08

FAILED AGAIN! FEEL LIKE GIVING UP!!

I have just failed my 2nd driving test with 1 dangerous error.  My test was terminated as I was coming out of the test centre because I hit the wing mirror a tiny bit when passing a parked van.  I am so angry and ashamed of myself.  I feel as though I am never going to do this and want to give up. What a stupid thing to do! My test was terminated and I had to walk back to the test centre.  This is so embarrassing! I feel really stupid.

Theory passed 1st time 19/1/08 49/50 65/75
1st Practical failed 15/5/08 2s 8m
2nd Practical failed 13/6/08 - 1d
3rd Practical failed 27/6/08 - 2s 13m
4th Practical failed 11/7/08 - 3s 10m
5th Practical passed 2/8/08 - 7m

13-06-08 12:10:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: FAILED AGAIN! FEEL LIKE GIVING UP!!

#2 13-06-08 12:15:16

AndyBerry

don't feel too down by this! Nerves usually cause people big problems for first few minutes of their test, and it sounds like that probably got to you as well!

Talk with your ADI about what to do next etc and be ready for next time!

Andy

#3 13-06-08 12:18:10

wolfchild08

Well ive discussed it with my adi and im going to put off booking a test for a while and rebuild my confidance because this experience has knocked me back a bit and made me feel like crap to be honest.  I was a nervous wreck at the start of the test and had a lesson in rush hr/school rush before the start of the test so was already feeling a bit stressed out.  By the time I got to the test I just wanted to get it over and done with and maybe I just wasnt concentrating very hard.  I dont usualley have problems passing parked cars.

#4 13-06-08 15:14:54

martyn48

Don't give up, must admit I had to chuckle a bit, how do you scrape wing mirrors "a tiny bit?" wink

I am sure it was just a glitch, onwards and upwards, stronger next time eh?

Best of luck

Martyn

#5 13-06-08 16:16:27

Jularo

Please dont give up, i did the same thing on my 3rd test i didnt even leave the car park the examiner asked me to do a bay parking and  i did a dangerous thing.Then had my 2nd test  i failed on reveresing around the corner.And then i had my 3rd test and i passed for this test i took rescue remedy i added it to a bottle of water and had sips throught the test.
Please dont give up it  will be worth it in the end not to rely on public transport and other people.Julie

#6 13-06-08 19:38:18

andrews manchester
Verified Member

dont give up these things happen to the best of us you were just unfortunate you were on your test, even adis and examiners do silly things sometimes, certainly put your test off and build yr confidence up and book your test for around 11am so your not in rush hour or school runs,  you will be fine trust me and you will pass your test this time, good luck

andy pdi iam

#7 13-06-08 20:51:52

Shazzer

Sorry Hun, try to get a test early on a saturday, its quiet, but definitely wait until you feel more confident.
Don't feel too bad, it was Friday 13th .....

#8 15-06-08 08:34:13

iwanadrive

Bad luck wolfchild on your delayed success, have to say, know how you feel though, as i failed my test for the second time recentley and now i just can't find the motivation to keep going really.  I don't know about you, but i feel like i don't want to put myself through another opportunity to fail again.

Well done on realising whats important and the need to take some time out.  We will all get there in the end and am sure we will cherish it so much more because we have worked so hard for it.x

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#9 15-06-08 10:25:02

corsa
Verified Member
Website

don t feel stupid you only really fail your test if you give up so get out there and pass it next time good luck

if in doubt don t pull out
www.cartuition.co.uk

#10 16-06-08 21:45:29

Mars
Verified Member
Website

Brilliant advice for you above....especially taking it on a Sat Morning and taking Rescue Remedy....that stuff realy works and can make a vast difference.......lots of my pupils and PDIs take it....you can get it in any supermarket......

#11 16-06-08 22:54:33

fizzyt

No...........don't give up.  I failed my second test with 5 minor, 1 serious and 1 dangerous and felt exactly like you are.  Today I passed my 3rd test with 2 minors even thinking to myself, this morning, I couldn't do it again, but the thought of losing that test fee made me go and I am so glad I did.  It will all work out in the end...........keep going.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

#12 21-06-08 13:53:51

wolfchild08

I have booked my 3rd test for 5th August.  I really hope I pass next time because I couldnt bare failing again. It feels like this is taking me forever and I wonder if I will ever get there.  After failing 2 tests I dont feel too happy and as confident but ill just have to see how it goes.  It would feel silly giving up after putting all this time, effort and money into it.

#13 21-06-08 15:21:23

iwanadrive

Well done for booking another test in, perserverance will get you there in the end.  I know how you feel though, i did my first test back in April and it feels like that was ages away, i had planned to be driving now!  Just keep visualising yourself driving your car down a lovley stretch of road and soon that will be a reality.

#14 21-06-08 22:19:23

Luchell
Verified Member

I often hear a pupil who has been through hearing just what they didn't want to once or more dreading hearing it again (The good old I'm sorry..... rather than I'm pleased to tell you....) . Thing is, unless you are willing to hear what you might not want to, you will never hear the magic words you long to hear. That's because it's something you want badly.

Sometimes a short break is just what is needed to replenish yourself ready for another shot. It's a real knock for the confidence when we don't succeed at something we have tried so hard to do. When a pupil has had a case of 'delayed success' with their driving test the feeling is often horrid. It's hard to visualise how worth while this will all have been when we do finally achieve our goal and how of ourselves we will feel in that moment. All the horrid memories of how dissapointment feels will be long gone when success is achieved. Thing is though, you have to go on trust with this because you don't YET know this to be true.

After all the effort when a pupil finally does achieve success I always ask them if keeping going and never giving up was worthwhile now. The answer is always along the lines of 'Yes definitely although at the time I had to go on faith that it would feel that way'. It's only when you pass you realise just how rewarding getting to your goal really was.

It's been a long day so apologies if this post doesn't read right, I just wanted those of you feeling so down and struggling to hear it IS worthwhile  smile wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#15 22-06-08 20:48:36

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

Brilliant advice for you above....especially taking it on a Sat Morning and taking Rescue Remedy....that stuff realy works and can make a vast difference.......lots of my pupils and PDIs take it....you can get it in any supermarket......

yer that stuff is great Rescue Remedy i took some well a few drops on my part 2

u will get there just dont give up and stop punishing yourself

emma xx

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

#16 27-07-08 10:29:23

donnagreen83
Website

Hi

I know just how disheatening it is to fail and you feel so angry with yourself afterwards.

I have been training to be an instructor and I have taken every test (including my l test) twice, I think I must just be that sort of person!!  Nerves are the problem, I found that using rescue remedy about half an hour before my test really helped me to relax, that is the key because if you are relaxed you will be able to concentrate on driving.

Just go back and show them what you can do, you must be ready for test or your instructor would not have presented you for test.

Just remember what you have been taught and focus on what you need to do.

Hope this helps and that you pass next time

D

#17 28-07-08 01:31:43

kurtangle

try it again man... you gonna let a little mistake like that put you off driving? duuuuuude! come on!

Passed Theory 1st time.
Passed Theory 1st time again after expiry of 1st pass.
Passed Practical 1st time with 3 minors.
Learnt to drive in a month !!!

Board footer