You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 15-07-08 06:46:55

Lynne
Verified Member

United Parcel Service Virus Email

I very rarely get virus emails through (even AVG said it had been checked) but I’ve had one from United Parcel Service saying they’ve tried to deliver something and open the ‘attachment’ which I didn’t do. ..well the email addy looked dodgy.   I went to the UPS site to enter the tracking number ..nothing and it says on there that there is a fraudulent email going about.

"Attention Virus Warning
Service Update

We have become aware there is a fraudulent e-mail being sent that says it is coming from UPS and leads the reader to believe that a UPS shipment could not be delivered. The reader is advised to open an attachment reportedly containing a waybill for the shipment to be collected.

This e-mail attachment contains a virus.  We recommend that you do not open the attachment, but delete the e-mail immediately.

UPS may send official notification messages on occasion, but they rarely include attachments. If you receive a notification message that includes an attachment and are in doubt about its authenticity, please contact https://www.ups.com/forms/e-mail/general_intl?loc=en_gb.

Please note that UPS takes its customer relationships very seriously, but cannot take responsibility for the unauthorised actions of third parties.

Thank you for your attention."

So be careful if you are expecting something.

15-07-08 06:46:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: United Parcel Service Virus Email

#2 16-07-08 04:46:19

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

i had 3 of them to 2 of my email addresses, but they all had same tracking number, but different origin addresses.
also ive not sent anything by UPS either, so knew it was dodgy!

#3 21-07-08 21:29:44

jackie99100

Thanks for that i am waiting for my xbox to be returned from ups ,so i would have opened the email attachment ,i will be carefull now! thanks again wink

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#4 22-07-08 11:23:52

Lynne
Verified Member

This email has come into my inbox again today via an old (but obviously still valid ) email addy I don't use anywhere now.  Well AVG did at least pick it up that is contained a virus.

I've been told by a techie friend.... "This is a new scam email it will put a password thief on your pc to try to get bank details ect  also it will say you have to pay £10 for the package to be delivered so you put you card details in and some goes on a shopping spree with your card…"

I know there's places where techie people go on the net to find these things out but my techie son is away travelling for another 6 months so I just grab info where I can.  Although he still logs into home (strange seeing him as the last login when he's on the other side of the world) if anything drastic happens until he gets back, we can only fix so much without outside help  neutral

#5 27-07-08 04:32:01

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

since the last UPS ones,
ive also had one from some tax thing,
and also indian airlines saying my tickets are ready to collect, and that my credit card was charged $481.
never ordered any airline tickets!

#6 27-07-08 18:59:09

alan.glenford
Verified Member
Website

I have now had 2 e-mails from UPS both gone in the bin they were forwarded to me via my web site enquiry page and i  have never done any business with UPS

Board footer