You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 22-07-08 20:46:43

Luchell
Verified Member

Wanted to crawl in a hole and not come out!!

Ever had one of those moments where you were desperate for the ground to open up and swallow you whole?? Well here's mine today!! I can see the funny side now so thought i would ask what moments other members have had leading to that 'Somebody hide me PLEASE!!' moment  lol

I popped to the sale at next today and got a bargain in the sale on a pair of jeans. Great stuff, tried them on, yup it's all good. I have been having a little 'diet' thing going on recently and knew the size i had bought really were a tad too big but the size smaller creates some lovely overhang which makes you look bigger anyhow! Ideally i didn't want to buy a pair in the same size but my others were a tad used shall we say  lol I was already aware of not overloading my jeans pockets with phone keys etc I needed electric so leaving all the items in my pocket off i went to the shop. walked round with no problems whatsoever, i was aware i had to pull the blasted things up a bit and was going to get a belt for them when i got back. It wasn't too bad as they didn't fall much.

As i started heading for the checkout i felt something drop  yikes To my horror it was my jeans  yikes yikes  I stupidly quickly scanned for cameras and nearby customers!! It all happened so fast but felt like an eternity at the time!! I yanked my jeans blooming quickly then looked again for any sniggering customers who had seen the incident. I couldn't check properly as i just wanted to get the hell out of there!! Oh the shame  yikes lol  I would have been rolling on the floor and crying with laughter if i saw someone who had lost their trousers!!

This was a few years ago during a visit to the cinema with my friend. Brilliant film, I went to pop in the ladies, trying to get back to my seat asap. Anyhow, as i returned i gently walked past the other seats to get to my seat next to my friend. I got back and settled myself neatly in the seat ready to enjoy the movie and stuck my hand in the popcorn on my friends lap. Lovely popcorn i might add. 20 minutes later, a few sweets and the cup of coke we were sharing now enjoyed. For some reason there was a girl looking very agitated 4 rows in front, I saw her head turn only to realise that WAS my friend  yikes yikes I had sat for 20 minutes diving into someone popcorn enjoying my sweets and frequently reaching across for her to pass me the coke which she did each time. I could have died when i realised what i had done!!!!! I just got up said 'Thanks for the popcorn' to which she stared blankly at me whilst i went so red i thought my face would explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last but not least, this one is my Mums horrifying tale. I was with her as we wondered around the shops in southampton, we were having a really enjoyable day. As we walked i realised mum was looking VERY puzzled! There was a large group of people very close nearby. The next set of events so quickly but it felt like a lifetime!! Mum began to slow her walking pace down, i noticed her stop for a split second lean over and grab something, i wasn't sure what it was until i heard the crowd burst into mega loud laughter. Her knicker elastic had gone!! They fell down she bent and grabbed them, showed them in her pocket and continued as if nothing happened  yikes yikes Oh she was SOOOOOO embarrassed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22-07-08 20:46:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Wanted to crawl in a hole and not come out!!

#2 22-07-08 21:16:00

driver69

Luchell that must have been so embarasing but really funny, I am in stitches reading it.  Look forward to seeing it on the next series You`ve Been Framed or one of those CCTV shows  big_smile

#3 22-07-08 21:41:16

Luchell
Verified Member

yikes lol

Years ago when i was nursing in A and E I was a second year student nurse at the time. I was on a night shift at the time but the unit was busy. We became aware of a lady who had begun fitting in a cubicle, by the time i got to her i called the crash team and the staff wheeled the trolled she was on mega fast into resus with me straddled over her doing chest compressions. The beds and very narrow and very high so it is hard to perform cpr by the bed hence why i was on it at that particular moment in time! No we don't do that all that often because it is situation rellevant. Anyhow the pressure was mounting, my arms were killing me but obviously there was no chance i would stop because of that!!

A few moments later we arrived into resus as the team prepped everything ready. I head a 'rippppppppppppp' sound only to look down and to my horror my student nurse dress which were provided with very long zips on the front of them and they weren't exactly great had bust completely!!  As i noticed all were looking at me i realised why!! I was sat there with my bra in full exposure doing chest compressions with that thought that at any moment I could 'topple' out of my bra  yikes yikes I'm now shouting 'Quick quick someone take over oh my boobs'  yikes lol Nope, no one took over, the lady actually pulled round and stabilised at which point i was able to finally put everything back in my bra where it had come from!!!!!!

Students never were treated very nicely by most staff and i begged to go to theatres where i could have grabbed a set of theatre greens since as my dress was totally broke!! We weren't paid so i did ask could i go home then?! No, not a chance, i got sent to an army bloke in a cubical to put a cast on his leg the whole while unable to keep any dignity with the safety pins i was given to help solve the problem   roll   :x They say what goes round comes around, I will never know since as i wasn't there long thank god!!!!!!

#4 24-07-08 12:40:13

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Why is that that novices in important, hardworking & stressful professions such as nursing, seem to be treated so shabbily?

My mother used to recount HER embarrassing moment in Adelaide city in the early sixties.
Mum (an ex nurse not loath to discuss her offspring's "daily movements" in private) took myself and my young brother of about 3 or 4 into the store during one of our rare city visits.
Being country bumpkins we were all a bit self-conscious in this environment.
Inside the city's biggest & swankest department store, Mum with me & little bro Mark in tow decided she needed to visit the ladies room.

She bent down to Mark and confided this info Mark in a soft whisper.
However anonymity was not maintained because Mark bellowed out as only small kids can:
"Why Mum, is something wrong with your [size=13pt]BOWELS?"[/size]

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer