You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 04-10-07 16:28:13

Andi

New Mazda 2

Hi All,

Ive seen the advert and looked on the web at the New Mazda 2 (deffo not the old shape one) i reckon it may make a good tuition car....

Does anyone have any comments or experiences with them?

TA  smile

1.gif

04-10-07 16:28:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New Mazda 2

#2 04-10-07 16:51:47

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

I currently have a Mazda 3, very good car and never lat me down, I have been to see the Mazda 2, but with the deisal not coming out until Nov(i think), I'll maybe wait until then to "haggle" for a price

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#3 04-10-07 17:29:14

DampDog
Verified Member

Had one on show at the local shopping centre at the weekend. Nice car, the pictures in the press don't do it justice, also just read a review of it in Autoexpress and it does very well. Nice build quality and good spec. Not the cheapest small car in the world though.

Mazda 2

DD

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#4 03-12-07 22:22:33

hector
Verified Member
Website

Although the dashboard plastics aren’t soft to the touch or particularly classy, they are robust and faultlessly constructed.

Too japenese. has to be german soft touch!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#5 08-12-07 19:55:39

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

went for a test drive today in Mazda2 Ts2.
Very enjoyable drive with a better positioned gear lever than the Mazda3, the 2 only comes in 5 door at the moment and still gives a good all round vision.  the Ts retails around £8,500 whilst the one I looked at Ts2 was around 10k.

now getting very tempted to buy one instead of a Corsa................

anyone got any views (good or bad) about the Mazda 2?

Driver CPC Trainer

#6 08-12-07 20:31:46

hector
Verified Member
Website

Just drove the top of the range model.

Just too small to be honest-very nice to drive, but why sit cramped up all day when you can have space around you. Its fiesta sized which is bad news in a modern car.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#7 09-12-07 08:44:42

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I rejected the Mazda 3 only because of the deep-set dials.
I'll be test driving a latest model Mazda 2 in the next week or two, but one of my students who's mother has a 2 complained the biting point was hard to detect. (This is an Australian spec car of course but I doubt there is much difference).
When I test drive it, I'll be looking very closely at the ease of using the clutch (as I always do) among other things.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#8 04-03-08 17:42:15

dragon06
Verified Member

Hi all pick up my Mazda 2 1.4 diesel next Tuesday not test drove one but if anything like the 3 i will be well please diesel has only just come out end of this week but has the tried and tested 1.4 out of the fiesta the new fiesta uses the same base as the new Mazda 2 but the Mazda has been released first  john:D

#9 19-03-08 20:18:16

dragon06
Verified Member

Hi All

Been running new mazda 2 for a week now what a car very nice to drive and with having a problem back very comfi too.
John. big_smile big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 05-06-08 14:15:42

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

I've got a Mazda 2 TS2 on order. (Yes I know what I've always said about buying brittish, but Nissan failed to look after me when my Micra got sick)

The Mazda is a whole 80 KGs lighter than the Corsa. That is the weight of a good size extra passenger.   Tried the deisel, didn't like it. 

I'll be test driving a latest model Mazda 2 in the next week or two, but one of my students who's mother has a 2 complained the biting point was hard to detect.

The Mazda I tried had a very low bitting point.  The gearstick is nicely placed and the hand brake is a bit longer and further forward than my Micra.  I think these controlls will be easier to use.

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

#11 05-06-08 18:30:58

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

I am waiting for the 3 door diesel to come out this month, then going to give it a test drive, been using the 3 for almost a year now, but the mpg is bad, running on average 33mpg, so the Mazda 2 is an option for me.

keep us informed of your 2 when you get it..

Driver CPC Trainer

#12 14-06-08 15:57:19

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

Why would you preffer a 3 door?  I find 5 door cars much more convenient to live with.  visiblity is usually better as well.  They usually cost £500 more than a 3 door but I think it's worth paying the extra if only to sit in the back of the car for the debrief instead of squatting by the open door when it's raining.

www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

"how do you do". 
They're really saying

#13 05-07-08 20:13:39

alv
Verified Member

I had an old shape diesel 2 - if I wanted a similar size car again I'd certainly consider a new one. I want a bigger car this time and the new shape Mazda 3 isn't out til next year so I've gone for a Focus. Mazda reliability is second to none, the engines are normally Ford so not bad, the use of space is clever so there's more leg and head room than say a Corsa. The trim tends to be a bit plasticky.

ADI, Fleet Trainer
NG9 Driver Training
Nottingham

#14 10-07-08 07:17:44

driverpete
Verified Member

Test drove a Mazda 2 diesel yesterday. Very impressed with the build quality, handling and general driveability. It looks eminently suitable for a driving school car (anyone actually using one yet?) and I'm certainly considering it as a replacement for my Micra. Anyone got any adverse comments?

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

#15 11-07-08 18:51:39

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

The Mazda 2 TS2 (Petrol) is certainly attracting more interest than the Micra(petrol 1.2) did. 

It doesn't have anywhere near the kind of storage space that the Micra had. The Micra was a real good office. The Glove box could accommodate several A4 Pads as well as a set of Highway code and theory books. There was extra storage under the passenger seat and no less than 4 drinks holders in the front and another 2 in the rear.

Low speed, left turns were easier in the Micra as the second gear was lower geared.  Visability was very god in the Micra but the Mazda has far better mirrors.  You can see the kerbs easily when reversing without the use of blind spot mirrors.

The clutch on the Mazda bites about 1/2 inch from the floor, the pupils who have changed from the Micra like this a lot and seem to adjust to it quickly.

I know the trim in the Mazda has been described as plasitcky but I'm quite happy with the trim and I suppose it all helps to keep the weight down.

The Mazda seating positions are more accommodating than the Micra.  My smallest pupil is around 4ft11 with a very small build.  My two largest pupils, one around 5ft 10 and the wrong side of 20 stone. The other is around 6 ft 2   They all fit comfortably into the Mazda but were uncomfortable in the Micra.

I think that the Micra was an excellent car a couple of years ago but the Mazda feels like it's moved on a generation.

www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

"how do you do". 
They're really saying

#16 11-07-08 22:35:16

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

put pen to paper on a petrol TS2 today, looked at many many other makes and models, ended up staying with Mazda, I have had 6 years stress free motoring with a Maza 323, then Mazda 3, and now looking towards another 3 years of Mazda2, this time with a "downsize".

Driver CPC Trainer

#17 12-07-08 07:08:38

driverpete
Verified Member

Well I've bitten the bullet and ordered the TS diesel + aircon. I agree with Comedrivewithme; the Micra was good a couple of years ago and you can't beat it for storage space but the Mazda now puts it in the shade.

RoSPA Gold
Retired ADI

#18 21-07-08 22:44:57

driver69

Anyone anything more to add on the Mazda 2?  I have been having a really bad time with Ford service( Incompetent Morons ) so I am looking seriously at changing and have a couple of cars in mind, the 2 being one.

Had a look at the dealers today and I have organized a 1 day test drive but would be interested to hear any more opinions.  It`s going to have to be the 5 door as I had great difficult getting in and out of the back, not helped by a kid saying "look mummy that man is stuck"  :oops:

#19 22-07-08 14:50:13

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Picking mine up at the end of the week, this will be my 3rd Mazda, already had 6 years trouble free motoring and never had a complaint about Local dealership.

more info to follow at the weekend

Driver CPC Trainer

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#20 22-07-08 17:39:16

driver69

Picking mine up at the end of the week, this will be my 3rd Mazda, already had 6 years trouble free motoring and never had a complaint about Local dealership.

Thanks, look forward to hearing your views.  Out of interest how do you handle the change over to a new car with your pupils, especially with those with upcoming tests?  Do you find many problems with them adapting?

#21 22-07-08 18:19:56

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

EKAL wrote:

Thanks, look forward to hearing your views.  Out of interest how do you handle the change over to a new car with your pupils, especially with those with upcoming tests?  Do you find many problems with them adapting?

try to work round the tests as much as possible, had my last test on sat, next one Aug 17th, so plenty time to get used to new one.

Driver CPC Trainer

#22 26-07-08 23:41:21

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Well..........  3 pupils today in MY new car, all have driven it more than me :evil: - I've driven it 30 mins in total - ALL today found it a dream to drive, all liked the high mounted gear lever, they got used to it in first 10 mins, all LOVED the large door mirrors and the visibility they provide, the front windscreen is far better than the Mazda3 I had for visibility, all in all, prolly the best move i could have made.

Plus points

1 - High mounted gear lever

2 - Large door mirrors

3 - Large windscreen

4 - good visibility to rear window

DOWN Points

1 - not a lot of Glove space

2 - door pocket does not take my clipboard neutral

3 - front seats dont have a rear pocket at back of seat - I used to place training folder in mazda3 - now place on floor or back seat.

I THINK I have made the right move, Mazda 3 was getting 28 to 32 mpg with pupils, not worked out Mazda 2 yet.

MORE INFO to follow over the next few weeks

AL

Driver CPC Trainer

#23 27-07-08 09:23:44

driver69

Sounds promising  smile  I was thinking the same about the pockets at the back of the seats, I find them very handy in my Fiesta.  Not sure about the open plan glove box, bit odd and as you say not much space in it.

I didn`t get my test drive as the dealer wanted me to transfer my insurance for the day and the insurance company wanted £30 to cover it, since they only had a petrol version I thought was a waste of time.

#24 15-08-08 14:25:55

driver69

EKAL any more views on the new car now you have had it a while?

#25 15-08-08 14:57:22

driverpete
Verified Member

Picked up MY new Mazda 2 TS diesel yesterday. Only had 2 pupils in it so far and they seem to have adapted pretty well. I'm pretty happy with it so far but I could do with more storage (or less rubbish?). Slightly less power than the Micra diesel but still nippy so more than adequate for my needs and relatively quiet at cruising speeds. Further reports to follow.

RoSPA Gold
Retired ADI

Board footer