You are not logged in.

#1 07-07-08 19:50:17

jem
Verified Member

Room 101

Things that wind you up and should be done away with.

1) Teenage estate agents that give you bullshi* about how much your house is worth.
2) Shrinkwrapped goods that take an hour to open.
3) Reality tv shows.
4) tv soap operas
5) Builders that stop work as soon as it's cloudy.
6) Positive discrimination.
7) Political correctness.
8) All MP'S.
9) Shopping with the other half.
10) Pupils who think all they have to do is turn up for a lesson and they will pass a test.

Feel free to add your list.  :evil:

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

07-07-08 19:50:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Room 101

#2 09-07-08 15:47:21

Shazzer

1. mondays
2. political correctness!
3. sweetcorn, they hide it everywhere....
4. housework
5. armpit hair
6. taxi's that sit outside and honk the horn
7. the chuckle brothers
8. big brother
9. fishbones
10. calories in chocolate..

#3 09-07-08 19:14:48

Leprechaun

I agree with 1, 2, 5, 8 and 10 of shazzer's  big_smile

Now for mine

1. pay by hourly claim
2. tax - especially on fuel!!
3. colds

can't think of anything else new right now neutral

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 09-07-08 23:30:23

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

adverts
cold callers on the phone - especially call centres who dial more than one number then pick up the first answer and cut the others off!  :x
cold callers at the door - just at tea time  roll
hoodies
the england football team :evil: :evil: :evil:
yep reality tv shows other than master chef - quite like that
over packaged food that could easily go out of date before you are able to break into it   roll
cling film
folding any sort of fabric!
mondays is a good one  big_smile
funerals
lies that ar'nt white but very obvious   roll
shopping!
lots more but this could go on all night o/

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#5 12-07-08 22:50:30

Philso
Verified Member
Website

Lists :evil:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ---  Albert Einstein 8-)

www.drivewithphil.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 13-07-08 08:23:11

Shazzer

Lists :evil:

LOL Philso, I couldn't live without lists! I am so forgetful and un-organised at the moment.!!

#7 13-07-08 12:24:53

Lynne
Verified Member

People that don't signal on roundabouts
People that tailgate you and glare at you when you are doing max safe speed (like one did this morning then had the cheek to flash me when he turned off)
People that answer their mobiles when you are having a conversation with them as though your suddenly less important than whover has rung up (ok at times you may be but generally not!)
People that nearly kill me and my horse
People that still have to hoot middle of the night and early morning
People that have to hold a very loud drunken conversation walking down the road at 2am (you guessed I hate being woken up)
Anything technical that doesn't have a brain that won't work as it should for no apparent reason (I know it has a reason but I can't fathom it out)
'Estuary' accents...innit like, wevver I fink I loike it or not know what I mean?  And I live in amongst it all.
People that eff and blind in front of children...
Grumpy old women that do nothing but whinge and complain....

That will do for now...Maybe I should have a room just for me  big_smile

#8 14-07-08 11:45:46

Jularo

Hello everyone here are mine.
1. All the presenters on loose women they are so not funny but annoying
2. the scumbag family that lives just round the corner to me
3.people who drives while chatting on the phone (IDIOTS)
4. davina Macall from big brother another one who thinks she is funny
5.idiots who comes down my road and beeping their horn late at night while my daughter is asleep (so lazy just get out the car)
6.The idiots that smoke dope in public and dont give a toss about anyone else
7.people who get eveything for free and they dont work for it to earn it :x :x :x :x
8. Mondays (i have to agree i hate them we should have 3 days off at the weekend)
9.annoying adverts for tampax or other sanitary towels adverts (i just saw one on tv noone is happy when they got their monthly's)
10.boy racers who think they are knight rider in their zooped up fiestas driving like maniacs near my road.

Julie

#9 14-07-08 12:29:23

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Agree with alot that has already been said...few of mine...

1. Rude people (manners cost nothing!)
2. Liars
3. Bad time keepers
4. Fiona Phillips (gmtv)
5. People who think they are right all the time
6. Drivers who think just because their vehicle is bigger they have right of way
7. People who judge others on appearance
8. Constant rise in the cost of living but no rise in pay
9. MP's...shoot the lot of em!
10. Dog walkers who dont scoop the poop! 

#10 14-07-08 17:38:31

pedigreemalc
Verified Member

1. the german football team
2. the australian cricket team
3. the newzealand rugby union team
4. american baseball  WHAT WORLD SERIES?
5. the pamplona bull run
6. friday afternoon
7. eastenders
8. the m25
9. japanese whaling ships
10. spanish trawlers

been there done that got the t`shirt

#11 14-07-08 19:20:26

Target
Verified Member
Website

> Mindless vandalism...Although you could argue any vandalism is mindless, but what did a Bus Stop do to anyone and stop parking trolleys in our gardens.
> Litter *****, and parents who do not stop their kids littering.
> Hoodys in the summer.
> Trouses down the waist. Damm it pull them up, you cannot walk like that.
> Spitting in public streets on pavements.
> Using a mobile phone whilst paying for goods at Tescos......Never happens in M&S
> Slippery surface signs.......Damm those things are dangerous :evil:
> Bad parking in bays so you cannot open your door.
> Smokers who light up just as they are leaving a room and trap the smell inside.
> Noisy tables at restaurants - theres always one who has to shout.
> Council estates with 4x4, Mercs, BMW, X5, Z4 basically £20k-£30k cars sitting on the driveways.
> Our neighbours who have started leaving their rubbish bags in the hallway.
> Pizza delivery drivers who rev their engines
> For sale signs on every corner. What an eyesore.
> Temporary traffic lights when they are not needed
> Road Works which have been planned, but no advanced warnings
> Diversions which take you the longest way.

I have issues!

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 15-07-08 10:27:05

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

With my additions...

1. the german football team
          1.  Any soccer team. Australian Rules rule OK
2. the australian cricket team
          2.  Any cricket team (except the Australian team of course)
3. the newzealand rugby union team
          3.  See No.1 above
4. american baseball  WHAT WORLD SERIES?
          4.  Awwwww c'mon now, America IS the world!! Just ask any American!
5. the pamplona bull run
          5.  Why? Keep the run and issue machine guns to the bulls!
6. friday afternoon
          6. Agree. Come to think of it, scrap any day ending with a "y"
7. eastenders
          7.  Is that show still going?
8. the m25
          8.  Can't comment on M25 I never go on it, but bring back the unrestricted limit on the NT's 1,500km north-south highway
9. japanese whaling ships
          9.  You bet! The cruellest, most uncaring nation on Earth.
10. spanish trawlers
          10.  Don't know about Spanish trawlers, but down here in Australia's top end we have BIG problems with Asians intruding into our waters and wrecking the marine eco system

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#13 15-07-08 19:26:05

pedigreemalc
Verified Member

i notice you omitted sledging

as to the spanish trawlers about 10 yrs ago a factory ship was caught in new zealand waters under a flag of papua new guinea....

ausie rules isn`t that a game played by hooligans   and what exactly are the rules?????

like the other ideas though zipper

#14 16-07-08 09:41:33

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

...ausie rules isn`t that a game played by hooligans   and what exactly are the rules?????

I hate sledging especially when done by the Aussie cricket team, they are unsporting and unprofessional when they do it and even worse, quick to complain when on the receiving end.
Aussie Rules & cricket are closely linked. It's played on cricket ovals in the winter (except for here in the NT when it's played on packed earth or dry grass in the hottest season - searing heat!), with teams of 11* controlled by (ugh) umpires.
*I think. I don't watch Aussie Rules much you see, I'm a family black sheep. I watch cricket even less but mum & my brother still talk to me.

It started as an off-season game to keep cricket teams fit, lots of running and ball-handling skills, minimal injury.

It turned out the the injury rate was extremely high due to the fast running and mid-air collisions.

The Rules.
(1) You must be an Aussie or act like one, and you must vow deep hatred against the umpires who are ALWAYS totally responsible for your team's loss.

(2) YOUR team are the best - best looking, fittest, smartest, most adept whereas the other team is the most miserable bunch of hopeless wussy pansies (probably play soccer in their spare time!) or slow-moving lumps (probably play rugby in their spare time!).

(3) Aussie Rules is a "position sport" because the ball is kept airborne in any direction as much as possible, there is no offside rule (which I still don't completely understand), the action is rapid and shifts quickly all over the field, team members must be everywhere and cannot afford to bunch up, in other words they try to keep to the same basic field position. Only the small agile "rovers" run all over the place.

(4) The ball is kicked or punched never thrown, tackles are allowed except for a direct push in the back and can often cause serious injury.

(5) Uniforms must be minimal & tight fitting - usually no sleeves - Aussie Rules invented the "short shorts". All designed to appeal to the ladies. If "certain" males are also attracted, that can't be helped. Rugby players are normally too heavily built to be successful at Aussie Rules but professional  soccer player physique would be suitable - i.e. athletic without being muscle-bound.

(6) Catching and kicking or passing (punching) the ball while running at full speed and avoiding tackles by the opposition is what it's all about. Play flow must be interrupted as least as possible, umpires invoke a "play on!!" rule to avoid sudden hesitation or stoppages over minor trifles (such as merely cracking someones ribs instead of ripping his arm off). High leaps to catch the ball in a tangle of bodies ("screamers") or extra long kicks (defenders can kick a goal with a good following wind) are treasured.

(7) Scoring is dead simple. Kick the ball between the 2 tall sticks, it's a "goal" worth 6 points in the overall score. Miss the tall sticks but get between the shorter ones placed either side, and it's a point (single point in the scoring system), also called a "behind" (from "behind the line"). So if a player "kicks a behind" he is merely scoring a point, not, for example, chastising a poorly performing team mate.

(8) Having been fed Aussie Rules from an early age (3 weeks before birth) I found rugby and soccer mystifying even hilarious.
Now that I've bothered to learn a bit about the rules of each game I can appreciate the particular skills and techniques of each of the 3 codes (Soccer, Rugby and YAY! Aussie Rules). Baseball is OK too (I played it in high school) but Yankee Grid Iron is still on a different planet for me.

Now pedigreemalc, I bet you're sorry you asked!   :angel:  tongue

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#15 16-07-08 14:51:18

pedigreemalc
Verified Member

no the way you put it made my afternoon  cheers..
although
  1. thats like the premier league over here
  2. premier league again 
  3. derby county   no longer in the premier league
  4. argentina (hand of god my a**e
  5. mmm
  6. we have shrovetide football in ashboure just the same only its the
uppards  v  the downards great chaos
  7. good idea for the england football team when taking penalties.

Board footer