You are not logged in.

#1 12-07-08 13:34:11

jo

Parking at the test centre on test day

I don't know how many examiners would be at the test centre doing tests at any one time but I have a query about not getting parked at the centre on the day of your test.  For instance, say I had my test booked and arrived at the centre (which incidentally has about 6 parking spaces at the front of the building, I have looked round the back of the building and any parking spaces seem to belong to a couple of companies located there), I was just wondering what would happen.  The test centre is in a busy, residential road and parking spaces along the road are few and far between.  Would the examiner be annoyed if I had to park some distance away? I don't know what the likelihood is of this happening.  Maybe I'm just worrying unnecessarily!

12-07-08 13:34:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Parking at the test centre on test day

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 12-07-08 15:52:17

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Dont worry about it Jo...if a TC only has a minimum amount of spaces i would have thought there wont be more than that number of tests going out at any one time.(the case in the 4 TC's i use neways) Edit: sorry thats obvi not the case see Rockins post below.

One of the centres i use only had 4 bays...so 4 is the max tests that go out at the same time. (there are seperate bays for staff)

Hopefully with small car parks you shouldnt get people practising so they take you room meant for test candidates, there is usually a letter on the waiting room notice board telling ADI's to keep car park clear and only arrive for tests 5-10mins before.

#3 12-07-08 19:56:11

Rockin
Verified Member

I don't know what TC's you use but the centres I go to often have more tests than Bays, You just have to park as near to the centre as you can.

#4 12-07-08 20:53:52

sipin
Verified Member

Different test centres have different parking arrangements, If you let us know which test centre you are worried about I am sure there is an Instructor on this forum that know's it and can advise you about it

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

#5 13-07-08 00:41:02

peckerup
Verified Member

maybe the lack of parking bays in certain test centres is a ploy to see if test candidates can parallel park !. beware of parking too close to the examiners window where they can see you ! !. 

#6 13-07-08 12:30:14

jo

The test centre I hope to use is the one in Tolworth, Surrey.  Thanks for all your replies so far.

#7 13-07-08 15:06:02

sipin
Verified Member

Don't know that test centre myself but I'm sure someone here will

Even when things go wrong you can learn from them

#8 14-07-08 17:20:34

Lexy
Verified Member
Website

I use Tolworth test centre regularly. There is not normally more than about 5 tests going out at each time slot, so you can usually get parked in the bays outside. Do not arrive any more than 10 mins beforehand though, otherwise you'll get "tangled" up with the previous tests coming back. I find that if all the spaces are taken when I first drive past, that if I drive round the block once, there's gaps when I get back. However, as a previous poster has said, if you really cant get parked in the bays out the front, just try to park in the road as close to the test centre as you can.
Are you going to test with an instructor or are you using your own car?

#9 14-07-08 19:46:50

jo

Thanks for your reply L-X.  Will be taking the test in my own car so will be driving up to the test centre with a relative.

Board footer