You are not logged in.

#1 06-07-08 19:24:51

driver69

What discount on pre registered car?

I am going to look at a pre registered Suzuki swift with about 400 miles on the clock, the advertised price is only about £500 less than a new one.  Anyone know what I should be expecting the dealer to come down to, assuming I am not trading in my current car.

In fact if anyone has any advice on how to  negotiate a good discount on a new car all advice welcome.

06-07-08 19:24:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What discount on pre registered car?

#2 07-07-08 19:36:05

jem
Verified Member

Offer them 10% less than they are asking and if they don't agree walk away.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

#3 08-07-08 09:08:09

neil8181
Verified Member

Whatever they paid saved on VAT for that car I think.

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#4 09-07-08 07:42:51

driver69

Thanks, seems he wasn`t willing to discount more than another £100 so told him not interested.  Plenty more around.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 09-07-08 19:48:42

neil8181
Verified Member

Thanks, seems he wasn`t willing to discount more than another £100 so told him not interested.  Plenty more around.

Has he taken your details? If so, await your phone call.

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#6 10-07-08 08:31:25

ExAdiNigel

I would want at least a grand off the new price for a used car!  That's why I walked away from buying a mini a few years back, they wanted full price for an ex demo! yikes

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#7 10-07-08 14:25:30

jem
Verified Member

If you want a good deal on a nearly new car it's best to do your homework. Most main dealers don't like stock on their books for more than 6/8 weeks. After that the car is likely to go to auction. Start looking before you are ready to change and keep an eye on the cars and dealers you are interested in. After 6 weeks most will heavily discount the car and after 8 weeks they are desperate to sell.

I went looking for a 1 year old Focus just before xmas. There was car at the main Ford dealer that had been dropped in price from £9494 to £8494 so I went to have a look at it. I told the salesman I was only looking to spend £7500 but he said he couldn't come down any further. I gave him my number and received 3 phone calls about other cars I might be interested in. I told him I wanted the original car I had looked at and offered him £7800 but he refused.

In the meantime I found a very similar car at a smaller dealer for £7400 so I bought it. A couple of days later the original salesman phones me again to say I can have his car for £7800. Sorry mate too late.  lol

It just goes to show what deals can be done if you are prepared to walk away. 

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

Board footer