You are not logged in.

#1 04-07-08 09:28:44

nickybrom22

Failed for the third time

I had my third driving test yesterday and failed yet again my nerves tend to get the better of me and i miss judge junctions, I was so upset as i thought that would have been my last test and I am still very gutted  sad, I think i need some good tips to know how to handle my nerves and approaching junctions? 

04-07-08 09:28:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed for the third time

#2 04-07-08 11:45:57

neil8181
Verified Member

Unfortunately Nicky there is no magic portion to combat nerves.

There is no shame in failing your test. Sometimes nerves just get the better of you.
Try not to build the test up so much. What is the motive for wanting to drive?
I ask this question because it's not the end of the world is failing your driving test. Though I know it might seem this way at the moment.

I'm sure if you're getting professional tuition that you ARE capable of sharing the roads with the rest of us, otherwise you Instructor wouldn't let you go for your test.
I tell my pupils to go show off all the hard work they've done to somebody else(the examiner).

As for the roundabout/junction situation, alot of it may be down to speed on approach and not being able to take early observations due to this.

Try slow things down a little, maybe you're leaving all the observations till the last moment and then panicking because you're trying to look in too many different places at once.

Early obseravations = early decision making, but remember you can only observe and asses things if you give yourself time.

It's very difficult to give you advice on your driving without seeing it. Have you failed on similar things in all 3 tests?

Hope this helps a little.

Make sure you send us a post WHEN you pass.

Reagrds

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#3 04-07-08 19:36:13

iwanadrive

Nickybrom, sorry to hear you failed your third test, but don't worry your not alone, there are a few of us on here that have failed three times, so your in good company.  I find chatting to the examiners usually helps my nerves and i also repeat the word calm to myself.  The night before the test i usually listen to a relaxation cd to ease me off into a good sleep and help relax me.  I have previously not failed for nerves, so must be working for me!  Good luck.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 06-07-08 23:37:19

DEE

I had my third driving test yesterday and failed yet again my nerves tend to get the better of me and i miss judge junctions, I was so upset as i thought that would have been my last test and I am still very gutted  sad, I think i need some good tips to know how to handle my nerves and approaching junctions?

Hello there

Sorry to hear of your delayed success.
I know exactly how you feel. It took me 4 attempts to pass my test.
I too suffered terribly with my nerves on tests. I was absolutly fine in my comfort zone with my instructor but once that examiner got in the seat next to me my nerves flew out of the window. I tried all sorts of remedies for my nerves. I tried Kalms and rescue remedy But didnt really help. And I got a hypnosis CD from ebay for about a tenner especially designed for help with the driving test. That did help to relax me a little bit. I must admit that the best thing I did (after failing the first 3) to help was not tell anyone when the test was. That way I didnt have everyones expectations to worry about and im glad to say that I passed the next test. Keep going...You WILL get there and once you do you wont really remember all the sweat hard work and heartache that we put into passing the test. Keep going girl

*YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT*
*SUCCESS COMES IN CANS NOT CANNOTS*

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

#5 08-07-08 13:53:39

razzie

Not having sat my test yet, I feel a bit of a hypocrit giving you advice, but having been really nervous about my theory, my instructor always told me to picture myself passing and NOT failing. Next time you go for your test, picture yourself driving yourself to a reward such as a nice meal out or to the cinema the next day. Keep trying and good luck with the next test.

Board footer