You are not logged in.

#1 05-07-08 12:17:31

pablomav
Verified Member

Am I allowed to change my francaise to another school on a pink?

I'm on a pink licence, not getting enough hours for practise, constantly out of pocket etc etc can I find another Francaise?

05-07-08 12:17:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Am I allowed to change my francaise to another school on a pink?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 06-07-08 04:24:30

ExAdiNigel

I'm on a pink licence, not getting enough hours for practise, constantly out of pocket etc etc can I find another Francaise?

How many hours are you getting?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 07-07-08 17:03:21

pablomav
Verified Member

Seven to ten hours a week.

#4 07-07-08 19:09:46

ExAdiNigel

How many more hours are you looking for?  remember a pink licence is to give you an opportunity to put your training into practise.  To use it as a means of earning is likely to detract from your training.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#5 09-07-08 13:52:36

martyn48

You can change by notifying the DSA of the new school, together with the application form for the transfer. (be sure the new school is going to ensure your training will take place properly) the DSA will need two passport photos and a couple of quid fee for the new badge. Think carefully before doing so, the next school might not be able to provide work either.

I  disagree that the licence is there just to help you train, its there to earn money!!

This is a business, and you need to be in the position you want to be in.

Need some help, p.m. me

Martyn wink

#6 09-07-08 16:03:59

Luchell
Verified Member

roll  roll Reminds me of my neighbour who whilst on a pink waved his wads of cash at me as he giggled at my lack of money whilst i was on my pink. He didn't make it but i did. Wonder why? I used it correctly that's why. Mind you that's the sort of comment i would expect to see from you Martyn   roll

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 09-07-08 16:28:01

VandADI
Administrator

I  disagree that the licence is there just to help you train, its there to earn money!!

This is a business, and you need to be in the position you want to be in.

Need some help, p.m. me

Martyn wink

Yes, we are in the business to earn money, to advise someone to make as much money as possible whilst on the trainee licence is setting them up for a fail as it's only too easy to loose sight of what is important, and without green licence, you have no business.

#8 09-07-08 17:37:08

KevB
Verified Member
Website

ADI trainee licences
Once you have passed the first two parts of the Approved Driving Instructors (ADI) qualification process, you can apply for a trainee licence to help you gain experience instructing pupils to drive.

A trainee licence allows you to be legally paid for giving driving instruction, but should not be regarded as a sole means of making a living or as an alternative to registration as an ADI. The trainee licence lasts six months and normally only one is granted in the two year qualifying period.

from http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/d … m#P20_1232

#9 10-07-08 07:22:35

martyn48

I don't remember ever suggesting that any trainee went out to make as much money as possible, nor did I suggest that the trainee licence was simply there to help the PDI make money. What I did say was saying is the trainee might well have this as their only source of income, any trainee, (properly mentored by their training company) should be capable of instructing to a high standard of safety, and should be able to make the business pay for them. How else can we justify the licence?

My trainees earn a good living, have plenty of ongoing tuition, (not just the minimum 20 hours) and are well prepared to run a business AND pass the notorious Part Three.

I might say that to quote the DSA on this is really funny, cos they more than anyone else are all at sea regarding trainee licences, and want them abolished.

Negative people have suggested that the trainee licence is not helping trainees pass part three, I say it is not the licence, its the manner in which sponsors switch off and don't train properly once the PDI has the licence.

Martyn smile

#10 10-07-08 10:40:11

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Hello Martyn

I believe I understand what you are trying to say, the problem here is that it may be read by others in a different way to that of which you intend it to be.

The regulation wording is quite clear regarding the purpose of , and the conditions by which the Registrar may issue a trainee licence. That does not include for the purposes of having a sole income as the thrust of your recent posts suggest part of it's purpose.

I readily accept and agree, that for many, it WILL be their sole income, but that is NOT in line with the purpose of the issuing of a trainee licence.

you clearly said, and by using a seperate paragraph, considered it relevent enough to seperate out from the rest of your post:

I provided a clear and definitive quote, not from the DSA, as you remarked,  but from the Department of Tranport website, from a page dedicated to advising PDI's as to the legalities and responsibilites of the PDI throughout their qualifying process.
I quoted that particular paragraph for the purposes of clarifying the conditions surrounding the issuing of a trainee licence.

The licence is there to assist a PDI in gaining EXPERIENCE and for NO OTHER REASON, but the regulations DO PERMIT the trainee to charge whilst gaining that experience.

That is different to saying the trainnee licence is there to gain experience AND make money, which appreared to be the thrust of your comment.

Would you agree that your original comment may have been misleading, regarding the purposes of the trainee licence?

OracleADI

#11 10-07-08 18:24:28

martyn48

Well to start with, no I don't think that you have mis read my intention.

I believe that trainee licences are issued by the DSA to help PDIs gain experience with learners, (I note they make no check as to the PDIs ability at the point of issue of the licence) and the system of sponsorship was designed to ensure the PDI was properly governed by the sponsoring company/ADI.The Department of Transport no longer exists, it is now called the Dft, which in itself dates the website. The DSA recognise that the trainee licence has been abused in recent years, by both PDIs and sponsoring ADIs who have flagrantly broken the rules about extra training and / or supervision.

I firmly believe that the job of the PDI on a trainee licence is to build up a business to be in the best possible position to continue into the job of a fully qualified ADI.

Now some will not like that, but why  should a PDI work any less than an ADI??

I expect their is a misnomer here, because I truly feel that to enable a PDI to utilise the licence fully  the sponsor MUST be completely dedicated to ensuring that the PDI has every opportunity to maximise his/ her business.

I hope my position is clear, I am not always in agreement with the DSA Dft etc, they probably don't agree with me, as plenty of you will not agree with my comments.

Hope there are some PDIs out there this gives the green light to, although you cannot advertise yourself as an instructor, still build your businesses , no one is being fair trying to hold you back.

Just ensure you are in a good position to continue your business once you pass.

Martyn wink

Board footer