You are not logged in.

#1 02-07-08 18:20:40

jo

Bay Parking at Test Centres

The test centre I intend to book my driving test at has parking bays at the front so undoubtedly I will have to do a bay park.  The test centre is some distance from where I live so I have only driven up there just the once and checked out very quickly the parking spaces and surrounding area.  I was just wondering if anybody might know whether the size of these parking bays is the same at every test centre and, if so, does anybody know what the actual width and depth of one of these parking spaces might be.  It's just that when I park at home I have quite a wide parking space which is obviously much easier to reverse into than the ones at the test centre.  I was therefore thinking it might be a good idea to mark out a similar sized parking space to those at the test centre, with the aid of white sticky tape on my block paved driveway at home and practise reversing in to it.  Thanks for your help.

02-07-08 18:20:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Bay Parking at Test Centres

#2 02-07-08 18:24:16

Shazzer

I know the spaces at the test centre I was at were spaced quite wide and the lines matched up both sides of the car park. I don't know if they are all the same though. If still wasn't definite that you would do a bay park, but it's a good back up if they don't find suitable cars/corners etc on the route. I was lucky and managed to get onto the test car park and practice quite a few times.

#3 02-07-08 18:31:07

VandADI
Administrator

A standard bay size is about 2.4m x 4.8m - Why don't you pop along to the TC car park and measure it out, then you can let us know  wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 02-07-08 20:51:43

Disky
Verified Member
Website

they do differ im afraid

Board footer