You are not logged in.

#1 02-03-08 19:19:05

wolfchild08

My Blog

I have decided to start my own learning blog here.  So far I have had roughly 35 hours of driver training.  I have not had any practice between lessons.

Sunday 2nd March :

The lesson had a bit of a shakey start.  I stalled leaving my house and also twice at the first set of traffic lights down my road and then again at the traffic lights that followed.  I have no idea why I stalled so much today.  This is something I do very rarely now.  I seemed a bit quicker bringing up the clutch.  Not sure if it was nerves but after attempting to forget about the bad start things seemed to go ok from there.  Following on from this I managed to approach and enter a busy roundabout with no problems whatsoever, which I have struggled with many times before.  Everything going fine til we reached another set of traffic lights and I stalled again (oh dear).  I honestly dont know what was wrong with me today lol.  I never stall this much.  Anyway moving on from that we entered a residential area and my instructer got me to have a drive round, I managed to keep my speed down when approching t junctions and assess sitchuations successfully, which was a problem in previous lessons so I am happy with that.  After a drive round he asked me to do a left reverse.  I had two attempts at this because on the first attempt I came very close to hitting the curb (although managed to successfully complete the manover).  The second attempt at my left reverse was absolutely spot on, I was well chuffed because this I have found the hardest manover to accomplish and it feels like I have finalley cracked it smile  Following on from this I was asked to do a three point turn and a parallel park.  I had no problems with these and my instructer says I have mastered them but I need to make sure I keep doing them observation checks and it will play an extreemley important part in my test.  Finalley we had a drive round and this went very well, the only thing my instructer says I need to work on is to bring that clutch up a bit slower when I change gears.  He was also advising me to slow down a bit more firmly and gently when stopping behind traffic at traffic lights - 'tyres on tacmac!' he would keep saying.  The stalling seemed to reduce as the lesson progressed and the final drive round was a success.  I made less mistakes as the lesson progressed, had no problems with the roundabouts and junctions in my area.  I went in the wrong gear a couple of times though but as im getting more used to the car this is not happening so much.  There was nothing else wrong with my driving other than the thing I have mentioned here and believe it all not I found that towards the end of the lesson I stopped making these mistakes and it feels like I have nearly mastered my weaker areas.  So there you go people, feel free to make any comments or give any advice.  I have another lesson next sunday so will let you know how that goes smile

Theory passed 1st time 19/1/08 49/50 65/75
1st Practical failed 15/5/08 2s 8m
2nd Practical failed 13/6/08 - 1d
3rd Practical failed 27/6/08 - 2s 13m
4th Practical failed 11/7/08 - 3s 10m
5th Practical passed 2/8/08 - 7m

02-03-08 19:19:05

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: My Blog

#2 02-03-08 19:32:19

Dimmy

Nice writeup and well donme on your acheivements today, you had a busy lesson !!!!!

Keep up the attitude it's fantastic and positive, exactly what you need to continue with the progress you've made.

A couple of questions for you to think about before your next lesson.
What do you think might help you to improve your observations during the manouevres?

how do you intend to change how you use the brakes when stopping to make the slow down and stop smooth and comfortable?

Is there anything you can do to help you to remember to leave tyres + tarmac?

regards,
dimmy.

#3 13-03-08 13:16:22

wolfchild08

Had my last lesson 2 days ago.  Just made a couple of mistakes that I need to be aware of.  My instructer says I just need to be a bit smoother bringing up that clutch and I entered a roundabout a bit too quickly even though I thought it seemed safe to enter the roundabout, but this isnt something I keep doing wrong all the time.  We are going to discuss a test date at the weekend because he feels im at the standard I need to be now. 

Theory passed 1st time 19/1/08 49/50 65/75
1st Practical failed 15/5/08 2s 8m
2nd Practical failed 13/6/08 - 1d
3rd Practical failed 27/6/08 - 2s 13m
4th Practical failed 11/7/08 - 3s 10m
5th Practical passed 2/8/08 - 7m

#4 29-06-08 02:06:44

kurtangle

you know when your in a car with somone else just look at the way they move their feet, and kinda try to memorise it, then visualise it before you press it, i think im really really good at it without even taking that many lessons cos of this little trick i use... try it out you never know it may work for you too

Passed Theory 1st time.
Passed Theory 1st time again after expiry of 1st pass.
Passed Practical 1st time with 3 minors.
Learnt to drive in a month !!!

Board footer