You are not logged in.

#1 22-06-08 07:36:11

Tracey89

My ADI has just.....

contacted me to say that she cant make todays lesson  sad Ive being learning to drive with her since April time and its the 5th time shes cancelled my lesson due to her being ill and i was really looking forward to my lesson since passing my theory test on friday!!

Would you say that an ADI who has taken the same day off (sundays) 5 times still relabile?? (she does weekends) I feel like im missing out on lessons here (which i am)
Or should i find another instructor, who i know would turn up the majority of the time?  :? neutral

Thanks guys
XxTJxX

xX.:Can we bring yesterday back around coz I know how I feel about you now....:.xX

*Theory Tessed passed on 20/06/08 - Questions: 48/50 & H&P: 51/75*

22-06-08 07:36:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: My ADI has just.....

#2 22-06-08 08:17:10

jonsmithuk
Verified Member

Yes

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 22-06-08 09:59:32

helee
Verified Member

You are obviouisly the only sunday lesson and your instructor decided a day off is better

Change instructors. If it was the other way round and you had let me down three times the same outcome you'd be looking for a new instructor

#4 22-06-08 10:14:54

samds
Verified Member
Website

There's clearly a problem with a Sunday, why not try another day for your lesson.  Have you prepaid?

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 22-06-08 10:21:30

driver69

There's clearly a problem with a Sunday, why not try another day for your lesson.  Have you prepaid?

The problem seems to be the ADIs.  I don`t think it is up to the pupil to try another day, should the ADI not be the one to see if the pupil can take another time?

It can be annoying if there is only 1 pupil on a Saturday or Sunday but not very professional to cancel because it puts a hole in your day if that`s what happened.

Why not talk with your ADI and tell her your not happy, if she can`t sort it out then find another.

#6 22-06-08 10:58:09

KevB
Verified Member
Website

Also check the Terms And conditions. If you have to give a certain number of days notice, so does your instructor.

If she cancels on the same day as your lesson, you are entitled to free lesson or compensation.
Insist she complies, and then find a reliable instructor.

#7 22-06-08 18:46:01

Tracey89

Thanks for the replies people, ive found out that im not the only person she teaches on a sunday, she always texts me 2 hours before the lesson and says she cant make it so it does make the day abit empty!

smdtr:No ive not pr paid for any of my lessons.

I think i will have a talk to her and maybe see about having lessons during the week as from next week im off college for summer, but it may not be possible if im working during the week.

XxTJxX

xX.:Can we bring yesterday back around coz I know how I feel about you now....:.xX

*Theory Tessed passed on 20/06/08 - Questions: 48/50 & H&P: 51/75*

#8 22-06-08 18:59:04

samds
Verified Member
Website

Hi Tracy

Sadly you shouldn't have to resolve the situation in suggesting another day,
however, if you're happy with the instructor and your progress then it's worth doing.

I only ask about prepaying as I've had pupils in the past who had prepaid their
previous instructors and found cancelled lessons in patterns such as yours.

If it happens again then you really should look for another School.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

#9 22-06-08 19:36:46

Luchell
Verified Member

From an instructors point of view I think sometimes it is easy to forget that if we take a pupil on who can only do weekends or later in the evenings than we might want to work that it is likely we will need to do that slot for the duration of that pupils training, not just a few weeks. If i have an enquiry for such times It's always at the front of my mind that if i do take a pupil on can i commit to them for the duration of the course of lessons they may need? If the answer is probably not then I will recommend them to someone else.

If you can do so have a chat with your instructor about any concerns you have, honesty if possible could solve things sooner, if your instructor realises how you feel they have some options. They either step up and sort your sunday lessons out as in turning up or telling you if they realistically think they can devote the time needed to you. If you have a good working relationship with your adi honesty could be the best policy, if not go elsewhere.

#10 23-06-08 09:29:09

guess who
Verified Member

Love the way everyone is saying the instructor is taking the day off, with out knowing anything about them.

#11 23-06-08 14:17:26

Luchell
Verified Member

Everyone Guess who? I didn't mention that.

#12 23-06-08 20:13:51

KevB
Verified Member
Website

I dont recall me saying it either.

#13 26-06-08 10:07:28

driversdomainuk
Verified Member
Website

find someone more reliable. If they cant help you, there are lots of good ADIs who will

www.driversdomainuk.com
Drivers Domain UK.com
The UK Driver Training & Resource Site

Board footer