You are not logged in.

#1 17-06-08 13:09:10

Aslin
Verified Member

Part 1 Exam

Hi All,

Ive just started training to become a driving instructor and I passed my Part 1 exam last week scoring 95% in the theory and 61 / 75 even though in flagged up a zero score for one clip!! Thought I failed it! Just wanting to see if any body else has just started or if anybody can give me a few tips for my part 2 exam which ive already booked for the start of august?

Cheers

P

17-06-08 13:09:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 1 Exam

#2 17-06-08 20:04:27

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Well done on Part 1  big_smile

I passed part 1 last Wednesday, i was over joyed and so excited. I have booked my part 2 for July 11th, very nervous about it, not about the driving tho, but about the show tell me questions..Im worried im going to get mixed up, like show him how to check the brake lights are working rather than telling him how i would test the brakes etc. I keep having dreams about getting all jumbled up.

Good look with all your training and keep us posted  smile

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 20-06-08 21:25:10

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

ahh well done and good luck for part 2

on my part 2 questions SHOW ME TELL ME  on 1 question my mine went blank and i said "ummmm i dont know sorry" so he marked me down on that 1 
in the end i got 2 driving faults and 1 wrong for the SMTM questions

just be yourself and drive perfect for the time on the test  as you will be expected to drive at standard at all times

emma x

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

#4 21-06-08 19:25:20

andrews manchester
Verified Member

i passed my part 1 and 2 and have my part 3 on 10th july so well done you guys who already passed your part 1 the part 2 is just a drive to see if your driving is up to dsa standard which obviously it is otherwise you wouldnt b doing this dont sell yourself short you will do well, any help i can give just ask i got 2 minors for my part 2,,,,,,

again good luck

andy
pdi iam

#5 21-06-08 23:09:33

Luchell
Verified Member

Have you had a trainer look at your drive and give you any advice? Some people find it a good idea to take the DIAmond advanced test before sitting attempt one at part 2. Since as they are marked the same etc. I personally wouldn't use that as a way of seeing how i was doing without the help of a trainer assessing my drive as necessary but that's just me personally. I just went straight in and took my part two passing first time with 2 faults which were dumb one's on my behalf   roll How many hundreds of times since have i told my pupils to NOT let their drive snowball on test following a perceived mistake, some will think too much on something they think they may have done then lose out after that because their concentration isn't fully there. Easier said than done sometimes but at least I did use the experience to help my pupils since my part two having almost had a little snowball on mine!

I went to pass a bus dropping people off, all was great until i was down by the side of the bus with a car following me behind, i had planned it as well as i thought i could BUT i got along side and the bus began moving off having not checked. I made sure that once i entered the potential blindspot of the bus driver i would be able to easily make it out of the blindspot area making sure he had optimum chance to know i was there. I was now faced with the prospect of not being able to come to a stop due to the drivers closeness to the back of my car, a keep left bollard rapidly approaching AND oncoming cars  yikes UH OH. I gassed it to safety and even though i felt i had planned the best i could of and from what i could think at the time reacted with the only option left due to the scenario presented at that time. (I think it's a you had to be there thing because i would normally read a post like this and think hummm perhaps she should have planned more etc) Anywho i was busy tutting myself for that thinking perhaps i had blown it and there was a better course of action, perhaps i shouldn't have gone? As i snapped out of it i realised i hadn't noticed a change of speed limit and was faced with the slip road onto a dual carriageway.

Last speed limit i was aware of was a 30 limit, i began to convince myself i must have missed the new change i began to gas up to 33mph before thinking better of it and going with my instincts which was to wait and find confirmation before increasing speed further and went straight back to 30mph very quickly. Hummm great now i am annoyed at myself for the bus and even worse that i knew better than to snowball and let the bus incident drag me down but here i was now tutting over the speed issue! Oh well, nearly back and came to a mini roundabout where i was doing the whole bus and speed thing in my head and DOH had to brake more than i would have liked due to observation on approach, Initially i was going to go but changed my mind later than i would have liked hence the braking. It wasn't anything exciting just more than i would usually do because I am normally good with planning and anticipation!

Oh dear, into the car park and burst into tears as he told me i had passed!! I asked about the bus and this was the answer from the S.e, 'Total twit that bus driver, you took the only action in that scenario that was the safest. If i had stopped i would have been possibly run into by the car behind and i was aware it was there as I was planning. The only safe action at that one moment was gas it the heck out of there! I don't think i am doing well here at setting the scene lol so you will have to take my word for it  lol

Result 2 driving faults, one was getting to 33mph and immediately thinking better of it, i was right it was still a 30. Second fault both within the final minutes of the test was observation on approach to that roundabout.

Sorry for the long story but basically DONT let your drive snowball, i realise that's easier said than done because i knew that already! Still, in the long run i was able to help my pupils more so from that incident to give them an example they realise i can relate to not just in theory.

Do you practice at all in your own car if you have one?

Another thought is do you have a buddy you can go out and practise with? I trained with Bsm and i found it a great help personally to 'borrow' the spare Astra when i needed it since as i knew i was using my trainer Astra for the test although i didn't need to. I preferred it to my old 106 at the time  lol lol

Anyhow, if you have a buddy keep an eye on them  lol Thankfully my buddy left the course before i could open the door and throw him out of it myself. Our names were logged to the Astra at that time I didn't want him breaking the law constantly with me in it! I reckon he would have jumped at the chance to say i was driving if he got caught! I don't know if all cameras take pics but that was irrelevant to me, I was more upset at his sheer disregard for ANY type of speed limit, road making etc and the answer he came out with when i said stop speeding!! His answer 'Look woman, Ive been driving since you were in nappies, I know what I'm doing speed limits annoy me'  yikes I repled 'OK so is that what you will tell your pupils??!!'

We got to do some right reversing to which there was a constant groans from my buddy who was unhappy at to not just stare in his mirrors, after all he'd been driving forever. By this point i got out to have a ciggy before going in for the kill again  lol I heard a great big 'CRUNCH'  yikes He'd reversed full throttle into a concrete lamppost he didn't see  yikes     I could have died!! He got out and said 'Let's go back and tell the office what WE did  :x I told him I'd rather walk so i did!! He told the office it was my fault because i should have shouted from quarter of a mile down the road that he was going to go into a lamppost. Blooming part!! Thank the lord after that he pulled out of training thank goodness  :x

#6 28-07-08 19:16:46

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Download the adi part 2 test routes for your local test centre from the website, drive them in your car before the test.  smile

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#7 31-07-08 20:06:07

Mat_Leeke
Verified Member
Website

I wouldn't take them as gospel mind. I practiced my part 2 on the test routes both by myself and with my instructor and then was taking on a totally different route during the test itself

DSA Approved Driving Instructor (car)

www.adi-mat.com

Board footer