You are not logged in.

Professional online theory test software for independent driving instructors  photo Banner-Animation2-1.gif  photo Brentacre.gif

#1 28-05-08 16:38:03

stp
Verified Member

How many manoeuvres are you expected to do on test??

Hi all, whats your experience of how many manouvres to fit in on your test to be acceptable, 1, 2, 3 or more? The reason I ask is:

1. On Moving off and Stopping, after brief on mirrors at t.c., demonstration of mirrors on drive and brief on moving off and stopping(15mins ish from t.c. to starting manoeuvre) I am finding I dont have much time to do more than 1 maybe 2 at a push, got a feeling 1 aint enough?

2. On the rest of the manouvre pst's im managing 2 max, maybe my briefings are too in depth???

3. Will the examiner stop test on 25 or 28mins (those 3 mins will mean alot to me you know) smile

Cheers, STP

28-05-08 16:38:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How many manoeuvres are you expected to do on test??

#2 28-05-08 21:51:29

dcbedford
Verified Member

Hi STP,

On my part 3 test I got PST 3 - Turn in the Road. I only got chance to do drive to site, briefing and one attempt at the manoeuvre on full talk through. Was just lining examiner up for a second attempt when she said "Thank you, thats the end of Phase 1" Phase 1 took about 28 minutes, according to clock in car, that was from getting into the car at the test centre to finishing on a local housing estate.

I passed with a 5 for Phase 1. Feedback from examiner at end was briefing was good and full talk through was good except one short section - lost control of her use of the clutch on reverse part of manoeuvre for a few seconds as she neared kerb, I was trying to get her observations done correctly. So she took the opportunity and brought the clutch up a little too high, making her go a little too fast. I was in quick with clutch down and had just got her speed back under control when weran out of road width so we gently touched the kerb.

Dave

Part 1 - Second attempt - Passed 7/9/06 98/61
Part 2 - First attempt 1/12/06- Failed 8 minors
Part 2 - Second attempt 5/12/06 - Failed different 8 minors
Part 2 - Third attempt 11/1/07 - Passed 4 minors
Part 3 - First Attempt - 7/8/07 - PST 1 5/3
Part 3 - Second Attempt - 11/9/07 - PST 7 2/3
Part 3 - Third Attempt - 25/3/08 - PST 3 5/4 Passed at Last
First Check Test - 2/9/09 - Grade 4

#3 29-05-08 22:09:40

stp
Verified Member

Thanks DC, thats kind of put my mind at rest and a good result too! But I am hearing conflicting stories, on moving off and stopping im only managing 1 manoeuvre in 28mins but im being told i should get in 2-3.

Anyone else had a manouvre pst on test and how many manoeuvres did you fit in?

Cheers smile

#4 29-05-08 23:46:25

Doc
Verified Member
Website

I had reverse park as my phase 2. It didn't dawn on me not to give a brief because he had done a mock the week before but what saved me and got me a 5 was asking him to show me what he could do. I then identified his problem, analysed it, told him how it should be done and helped him during the 2nd attempt. If i hadn't given him the briefing then i could have had 3 attempts and if that went as well as the rest i would have got a 6 (SE's words)

#5 07-06-08 17:40:20

AndyBerry

I did E. Stop and got about 15 in, but that's a fairly quick one to brief compared with some of the others.

Andy

#6 18-06-08 01:27:09

martyn48

It is quality above quantity, this has to be balanced with the need to get the "pupil" to carry out the task taking on at least SOME responsibility.

I would aim to manage three moves at least.

you can create this time by cutting down those briefings!!!!

Martyn

roll

#7 18-06-08 08:42:56

weemann
Verified Member
Website

On my first attempt I got moving off and stopping and got about 3 attempts in, but the SE was hinting that we needed to move faster - I was keeping my brief as short as I thought I could, but still needed it to be shorter. 

I was much improved on my second attempt, but phase 1 was approach to junctions this time, so was a really quick brief anyway.

If Simon Mann did not exist, you would have to make him up. The Times, Tues Jun 17, 2008

Board footer