You are not logged in.

#1 13-06-08 10:47:42

jonesy611
Verified Member

A question for ADI Trainers...

Hi all,

What would you say are the main differences between teaching learner drivers and teaching trainee adi's..?? Would you teach to a different standard of driving?? Would you give more in depth or less instruction??

I know it might sound like I'm trying to run before I can walk (as I havn't even started part 3 yet), but I'm trying to get an idea of what I could do a few years down the line...fore warned is fore armed and all that...!!!  big_smile

Any comments gratefully recieved  smile

Part 1 17.12.2007 87/63

Part 2 09.06.2008 4/6
Part 3 ......who knows ???
Attempt 1 PST1 February 09 4/2
Attempt 2 PST1 (again) June 09 5/3
Attempt 3 PST 7 24.10.09 4/4

13-06-08 10:47:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: A question for ADI Trainers...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 13-06-08 11:24:25

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Huge differences in teaching styles, though the standards are similar (though stricter).

With trainee ADIs the style of driving is still based on DSA standards (MSM/PSL), though planning and anticipation should be of a higher standard and the implementation of the routines should be very systematic (once you understand the system and are able to implement it perfectly you can then begin to impart the knowledge to others).

The teaching style has to be very different though - people who have been driving for many years probably won't appreciate being "taught" and will respond better to a coaching style - something that can be used to great effect with learners, but isn't necessarily used as part of the L-process or part 3.

If you want some advice then I would suggest looking to training full license holders (fleet etc) before you go into ADI training - it would have helped me when I first started training ADIs. There's also a much larger customer base for fleet work than ADI training, which is why I no longer train PDIs.

#3 13-06-08 11:42:05

jonesy611
Verified Member

Hi, thanks for responding...  smile

Think it'll all become clearer the more I progress. 'The "coaching" style makes sense, thinking about it that's the sort of style I've been getting on part 2, didn't feel like I was being taught to drive again, although it was the best way of explaining it to family/friends etc.

Fleet training is something I'd be looking at doing too, again a good few years down the line. I suppose I'm just looking at what other doors a green badge and further training and/or courses would open for me.

All the best  smile

PS just realised there's an adi section further down on the homepage...d'oh...!!!

Part 1 17.12.2007 87/63

Part 2 09.06.2008 4/6
Part 3 ......who knows ???
Attempt 1 PST1 February 09 4/2
Attempt 2 PST1 (again) June 09 5/3
Attempt 3 PST 7 24.10.09 4/4

Board footer