You are not logged in.

#1 08-06-08 13:21:47

andrews manchester
Verified Member

advice needed want to start an advance driving group up

im based in manchester and passed the iam advanced driving, i would like to set a group up for meetings and set observations up ive a few colleagues at work who are interested in doing the iam course and have contacted out local one several times to join and bring colleagues with me but no-joy.

if any adi runs a group coiuld you give me some pointers on how to set one up please

many thanks

08-06-08 13:21:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: advice needed want to start an advance driving group up

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 08-06-08 14:42:42

Gizmotime
Administrator

im based in manchester and passed the iam advanced driving, i would like to set a group up for meetings and set observations up ive a few colleagues at work who are interested in doing the iam course and have contacted out local one several times to join and bring colleagues with me but no-joy.

if any adi runs a group coiuld you give me some pointers on how to set one up please

many thanks

Hello, to my knowladge their is already a group in Manchester, it is the Salford and Manchester group, I do know they almost folded at one time due to lack of observers etc etc. If you wanted to contact them the information contact details I have for that group is Richard Southern 0161 794 7055 email mail@salford-iam.org
Of course it also depends on what area of Manchester you are in, but you would have to contact Angela Linski reginal HQ Co ordinator to find out the details of how you would start a group up, we are a registered charity so their are procedures that anyone would have to follow before they can do anything.

If you need more details please feel free to pm me and I will help as much as possible.

Regards
Giz

#3 08-06-08 15:35:00

ExAdiNigel

Alternatively, if you don't get any joy from the IAM group, have a look at the RoADAR (RoSPA Advanced Drivers & Riders) group here... http://www.safedrivingandriding.org.uk/

Good luck

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#4 08-06-08 15:54:10

andrews manchester
Verified Member

can you join the rospa group if you hold the iam does it matter or is it as lons your a qualified advanced driver

#5 08-06-08 16:47:34

ExAdiNigel

You would need to take the RoSPA test

Nigel

#6 08-06-08 16:59:42

pegasus
Verified Member

hi Nigel
You join the group first then prepare for the test. big_smile

#7 08-06-08 18:11:14

ExAdiNigel

and then.....

..... you would need to take the RoSPA test. big_smile

Nigel

#8 08-06-08 18:11:54

VandADI
Administrator

But before taking any of these tests, get yourself through part 3 first  wink

#9 11-06-08 08:21:45

billrhoades
Verified Member

I can see what your saying Vanadi, concentrate on part 3(its hard enough).
But what is stopping you doing IAM, RoADAR tests?
RoADAR will count towards your CDP as you are retested every 3 years if you are good enough to obtain gold/silver.

#10 11-06-08 08:36:45

VandADI
Administrator

Hi billrhoades,
I believe the OP has already done the IAM test, not sure about the RoADAR.
As you say, it is best to concentrate on the part 3, but if the OP is up for the challenge of taking multiple tests and not loosing focus then go for it!

#11 11-06-08 18:24:33

andrews manchester
Verified Member

thanks for the advice people, been out 6 hrs today, and instructor said im grasping the part 3 really well, and the last 4 hrs i took control really well and my terminology is coming alomg great, done alot of obs today and watching the learner, it was really a good eye opener and very interesting. i have already passed the iam advanced and a current paid up member, also hold an nvq level 2 in passenger carrying, would i need to take the rospa or are the advanced drives the same i.e diamond, iam, rospa.

i am just concentrating on part 3 as ive only 4 weeks and am aiming on passing with 4s first then concentrate on upgrading at a later date

#12 11-06-08 20:12:00

andrews manchester
Verified Member

just finished my first driving lesson with a driver who had licence revoked under new licence laws, been driving a while it was great as what i learnt today was really good to put into practice and got him out of majority of habits in 30 mins which was good going to tak him again tomorrow

Board footer