You are not logged in.

#1 04-06-08 12:46:29

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Your Car or Trainers Car....

for your Part 2 test...

I am able to use my trainers car for the test, but as its s Diesel it is extremely low geared compared to my car, for instance in my car would be happy in 3 gear going 20mph, but in my trainers car it likes to be in 1st up to 10mph, 2nd up to 20/25 3rd for 30 and so on, i have juggered it a few times. When i drive my car straight afer my trainers, my car is so light and smooth and quiet. I feel confident doing manuovers in my Trainers car but not so confident actually driving it.. I am thinking of therefore using my car for the Part 2 test..What have you guys done?

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

04-06-08 12:46:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Your Car or Trainers Car....

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 04-06-08 12:53:49

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Most will use their own car for training sessions and the test. The main benefit is that you already know your car and will be using it on a daily basis so should be relatively comfortable with it.

#3 07-06-08 21:11:08

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Thank you... I am training in his car but have decided i will probably do the test in my car, i'm much more confident in my car.. smile

#4 07-06-08 23:52:31

martyn48

Beware, there is also an insurance issue using your own car, it almost certainly will not be insured for the purposes of a TEST. This is a common problem,  you need to call your insurance company and ensure you are covered for this event. If they say no, contact waverney insurance and they can arrange a day cover specially for this. I would also always suggest you use your trainers car, both for training and test, your trainer will almost certainly NOT be covered training in your vehicle either.

Martyn

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 08-06-08 05:35:33

ExAdiNigel

....I would also always suggest you use your trainers car, both for training and test, your trainer will almost certainly NOT be covered training in your vehicle either.

Martyn

Which only becomes a problem if when the trainer drives, which is unlikely unless a demo is necessary.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#6 08-06-08 08:48:13

Janeway
Verified Member
Website

Waverney Insurance
www.driving-school-insurance.com
DSA Part 2, Part 3, ADI Check Test @ £55 (£150 excess)

Wendy

ORDIT Registered ADI Trainer
Fleet Trainer
Grade 6
B.Ed
http://www.voyagerinstructortraining.com

#7 08-06-08 10:22:48

andrews manchester
Verified Member

HIYA MATE

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PART ONE AND GOOD LUCK FOR PART 2, I USED MY WIFES K REG TOYOTA CORROLA OLD CHEAP AND CHEERFUL BUT PASSED MY PART 2 WITH 1 MINOR, ITS A VERY DETAILED DRIVE YOUR PART 2 EASY ENOUGH, BUT IF I WAS YOU ID USE MY OWN CAR AS YOU SAY YOU KNOW IT AND THAT WOULD GIVE YOU THAT EXTRA PIECE OF MIND IM ON MY PART 3 AND WILL BE USING MY TRAINERS CAR FOR THAT AS THE SE ADI WILL BE DRIVING, SO ANY MARK DOWNS WILL BE DUE TO CAR NOT ME. I HOPE THIS HELPS 8-)

#8 08-06-08 11:38:19

ExAdiNigel

Alright!  No need to shout.  We can hear you fine!

seriously though, typing in capitals is webspeak for shouting!

Nigel

#9 08-06-08 11:59:23

martyn48

Ah, the point is, the TRAINER is not insured in the trainees car when giving paid instruction.

this is the point I was trying to make.

Same on fleet you need to be sure you are covered for the purpose of giving instruction in the vehicle you are using.

Martyn

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 08-06-08 17:03:50

ExAdiNigel

Ah, the point is, the TRAINER is not insured in the trainees car when giving paid instruction.

Is not insured to drive it?  What else does he need to be insured for?  Personally I have Public Liability & Professional Indemnity from the DIA which isn't car specific.  So I would only need to be insured in the client's car if I were to drive it.

Nigel

#11 08-06-08 20:25:46

martyn48

Yes I know nigel and thats ok for your point of view if the guy trys to sue you, but the use of a vehicle for test and tuition is a different thing, I will try to find out facts cos I am blowing in the wind a bit here, will post again with specifics!

Martyn

#12 09-06-08 05:35:59

ExAdiNigel

Insurance companies often exclude 'testing' in their policies.  I think, historically, that wasn't intended to exclude standard driving tests, though they did get included and a simple phone call can be all that is required to sort that one with regard to the standard L test or part 2.  Specific insurance may be required for part 3 though.

To give tuition in a client's car, what is the extra insurance needed for?  I agree it is needed if you wish to drive the car to give a demo (and I agree a demo can have huge benefits), but if you don't why does the client (or you) need any extra insurance?

Nigel

#13 09-06-08 07:57:56

HereComesTrouble

Most insurers exclude 'on test' for the simple reason that learners are NOT under supervsion on test. You are not a learner!

Waveney is who I did my part 2 and part 3 insurance through. ONLY stipulation with them was that within 30 days I had to fit duals, which I did anyway. That may have changed now, but I really have found Waveney exceptionally obliging and will be renewing again with them this year.

OK, in 29 years of driving I have never had an accident so I have no idea if any of them are actually any good, hope I never need to find out, but as far as customer help and relations, Waveney have been good.

I would only use my car for part 2 as others have said.

#14 09-06-08 09:04:21

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Thanks Guy's for your advice. I shall call my own insurance to see if i'm covered for the part 2 test and if i'm not i'll call the recommendations you have suggested.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PART ONE AND GOOD LUCK FOR PART 2

I haven't actually passed part 1 yet, my Part 1 test is on Wednesday. I'm very excited about it. My part 2 training is going well, my instructer said as soon as i pass my test on Wednesday (hopefully) i should book my part 2 staright away, as i've only been driving for 5 years, i dont have to many bad habits smile.

Board footer