You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 17-05-08 00:36:51

la.monikita
Verified Member

Role Play Check Tests

I have found this topic whilst re-searching role play. http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … _replies=4

As I have opted out for one I have found a bit of contradiction in regards to who chooses the topic.
The above thread states the SE but my letter says I DO. The thread is 4 years old so have things changed since then?

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

17-05-08 00:36:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Role Play Check Tests

#2 18-05-08 21:39:27

standon11
Verified Member

my letter also states the instructor chooses the topic from the list attached to your letter.

#3 19-05-08 07:34:02

tony adi
Verified Member
Website

You choose the topic from the list provided and tell the SE on arrival.

www.selbydriving.co.uk

12.gif

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same
function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy
state of things.”
~ Winston Churchill

#4 19-05-08 08:44:33

VandADI
Administrator

Around October 2006 the DSA stated that ADIs will be informed of the topic when they turn up for the check test and be given 5 minutes to prepare the lesson.  Thanks to the DIDU this was swiftly changed so that the instructor could choose from the topics listed in your letter.  wink

#5 20-05-08 13:16:12

la.monikita
Verified Member

cool, thanks Vanda wink

I'm planing on disqualified driver...is there any info on line that tells me about the test.

Never had a disqualified driver yet, and I gather it will be nothing more then a glorified L test, but it does not hurt to find out all there's to know lol

Abraham Maslow

#6 20-05-08 17:03:16

whodareswins
Verified Member

Hi Mon,

The driving test (after disqualification) is almost exactly the same as a "normal" driving test. I will explain.

If the candidate is required to take a new test, it will be EXACTLY the same as for a learner. If they are required to take an "extended" test, it will take 70 minutes and an emergency stop will be performed. Only 2 manouvers are required whether (or not) it's an ordinary test or an extended test.

The only thing you need to remember is that the examiner will be role playing a provisional licence holder with FLH habits.

Best of luck

Percy
(from a driving school you used to belong to)

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#7 20-05-08 17:11:07

hector
Verified Member
Website

Percy I really like your Non-Dia accredited Taxi Trainer bit  big_smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 21-05-08 06:12:16

la.monikita
Verified Member

Hi Mon,

The driving test (after disqualification) is almost exactly the same as a "normal" driving test. I will explain.

If the candidate is required to take a new test, it will be EXACTLY the same as for a learner. If they are required to take an "extended" test, it will take 70 minutes and an emergency stop will be performed. Only 2 maneuvers are required whether (or not) it's an ordinary test or an extended test.

The only thing you need to remember is that the examiner will be role playing a provisional licence holder with FLH habits.

Best of luck

Percy
(from a driving school you used to belong to)

Thank you! Don't worry I could hardly forget who you are tongue, made a big impact wink

It's going to be a lough, shall I get the SE to show me how he does his maneuvers? It really is like an assessment of his ability to cock things up.

on a debrief I'm planing to give him some stuff about advanced driving, don't want to make him feel as if he can only do a glorified L test. That is bit demeaning, but necessary to pass the test. (should not get himself disqualified in the first place he, he)

Do I want to "blow my trumpet" (after the test) about my marketing strategy for this year?

Abraham Maslow

#9 05-06-08 11:04:45

la.monikita
Verified Member

big_smile big_smile big_smile

I JUST GOT GRADED! STRAIGHT 6!!!!!!! i'm happy!!! :afro:

Abraham Maslow

#10 05-06-08 11:12:16

hector
Verified Member
Website

Excellent! Well done. Role play?

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 05-06-08 12:10:12

whodareswins
Verified Member

YeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Well done. Join the club.

Percy

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#12 05-06-08 13:07:20

VandADI
Administrator

You clever, clever girl La Mon, well done  big_smile

#13 05-06-08 13:14:38

Luchell
Verified Member

WELL DONE GIRL!!!!!!!! I'm waiting for my letter, last time we did ours the same time  lol

#14 05-06-08 23:41:01

la.monikita
Verified Member

Thank you all!
It was role play Hector, disqualified driver...walk in the park...I didn't even prepare neutral

He liked my marketing idea, watch out for the August or July issue of one of the DIA mags. Not sure which one. But I will post the article on line here. Great road safety message about foxes...

What should I get my paws into next? I'm searching the horizons of the mind...

Abraham Maslow

#15 06-06-08 16:26:23

Doc
Verified Member
Website

It was role play Hector, disqualified driver...walk in the park...I didn't even prepare neutral

At first glance that looks tough. Let's face it how many of us would know how to walk in the park if we got disqualified? big_smile

Joking aside, that's a terrific achievement la.mon, well done.

#16 06-06-08 16:46:04

abrocky
Verified Member
Website

i was thinking of choosing this for my check test, just about to send my letter off...

how did you start, just asking the SE to complete and assessment drive? then starting to focus on any problem areas, or asking questions at the start regarding junctions etc?

#17 07-06-08 13:59:10

VandADI
Administrator

I have asked LaMon to do a write up of her fantastic result, can't wait to read it!

Board footer