You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 03-06-08 11:31:20

Target
Verified Member
Website

Rospa Advanced Driver

I took the Rospa advanced driving test this morning and received a Silver.

The examiner made some good points about the drive and overall I knew where I could improve.

I'll be doing some more self training and hopefully improve on that grade later in the year.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

03-06-08 11:31:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Rospa Advanced Driver

#2 03-06-08 12:05:26

AndyBerry

Well done mate.

Andy

#3 03-06-08 13:39:07

Lynne
Verified Member

Well done, where did you take the test Target?

Fancy sharing some feedback with us?

#4 03-06-08 13:59:55

Target
Verified Member
Website

I took the test locally. Drive out to Hertforshire and M25 that sort of thing.

Fair comments from the assessor really. There were a couple of times I chose too high a gear for the intended actions. Not so the car was laboring, but too high for advanced driving, I was probably also preparing for speed changes I already knew were coming.

There was a mixture of eco aspects mentioned ( 4th at 30mph, which I did but not enough ) but also some points that would not have eco driving in mind. I guess its finding a balance.

Feedback was good. I did a commentary which he liked, but not compulsory. 

The partying comment was really. ' I was lookng to go, but not looking to make progress all the time'. It made sense to me knowing how the IAMs want you to drive. Overall he could not fault the safety, but wanted to see more progress.

Happy with the grade and happy with the feedback which lasted about 30 minutes at the end.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 03-06-08 15:58:03

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi

Happy with the grade and happy with the feedback which lasted about 30 minutes at the end.

In about 10 - 14 days you will also receive a 3/4 page detailed feedback report

#6 03-06-08 16:31:53

ExAdiNigel

By the sound of it Keith, you may have been a little unlucky, looks as though it was a close call for the examiner.

Well done and Good luck for next time.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#7 03-06-08 16:49:28

hector
Verified Member
Website

Unlucky Target.

Variances in examining are unfortunately a problem with Rospa,  and Iams lets not go there. When will Rospa and all the others including DSA take away the emphasis on progress.
Also If I had done what you examiner advised regarding eco I would also have got silver at the weekend!

Remember next time target get your foot down and make more progress. My examiner was very good but I still felt I had to justify and agree driving through Cannock chase at 40 mph - just in case!
But for the first time on Rospa I saw an examiner more concerned with safety than progress.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#8 03-06-08 16:52:55

adi
Verified Member
Website

Not bad if you self trained!
Well to really confuse things, my examiner Sunday was more interested in smoothness as he was used to ambulance training!!!
Seems that you need to find out what the examiner wants before you drive to do the right thing!!

#9 06-06-08 12:26:48

Target
Verified Member
Website

Couple of points really here.

Having now done this Rospa test I actually found although Im a more experienced driver, that in some ways this test is easier than the L-Test. I know some people are going to kill me for saying this.

But this is how I see it. The DSA test is so rigid. You straddle a line you get a fault, you go slightly over the speed limit you get a fault, you miss a mirror check by .6sec you get a fault. Its so rigid and harsh testing. In effect whats needed is the perfect drive.

I realise an advance level is different, but their seems to be that allowance for people to make their own judgements, something Ive realised again recently when I took an experience driver for a DSA test. She was not allowed any allowance, even thou this pupil could easily have been more experienced in driving than some of the driving examiners.

Question:...........Is their a time frame my Silver lasts for. So lets assume I took another Rospa test in 1 year and I got Bronze, would I still be seen a Silver, or be down graded.

Im not sure I'll worry too much about another test, as its not going to earn me any more money just now. But if I had the time it would be worth a little play on the roads.

These routes are great for pass plus. big_smile

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 06-06-08 15:54:40

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Question:...........Is their a time frame my Silver lasts for. So lets assume I took another Rospa test in 1 year and I got Bronze, would I still be seen a Silver, or be down graded.

Your Silver will last for 3 years, then you will be tested again free of charge, if you decide you want to be tested prior to that, you will have a fee to pay and if graded bronze on that, thats what you will get.

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#11 06-06-08 19:52:54

helee
Verified Member

I got a gold the examiner in my opinion was brilliant (not just cos he passed me) He gave me a kick when I needed it. I then took the IAMs test about 6 weeks later. The examiner there was the staff trainer for the IAm examiners (Including my ROSPA examiner) He in my opinion was dangerous for various reasons. Straddling the white line with lorries coming towards us and not letting in a overtaking car (I would have kept him out there!!!) when a van was going to hit him head on

As said they are all different and want to see different things. In fact when I got gold I told Hector and he laughed and said are you sure its not bronze sad

Lee

#12 06-06-08 20:39:13

hector
Verified Member
Website

Why was your examiner doing the driving?

Is this how you passed the Rospa  big_smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#13 06-06-08 21:41:09

helee
Verified Member

Sorry I should have re read it lol No he advised me not to let him in while i was driving

#14 07-06-08 05:23:53

hector
Verified Member
Website

Great advice well done IAM, its also okay to cut corners, and speed to overtake, your better off at 33 than 30 as you dont hold people up.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#15 08-07-08 08:06:16

Target
Verified Member
Website

Had my report through this week.

Lots of positive stuff but I could not help but notice the words.

' Always a little off the pace'

I wonder now what Joe Public must be doing when they start these courses, perhaps the guy behind me doing 60 with 4 metres to stop has just started his RoSPA training.

Try telling my wife im a little off the pace, she thinks I drive too fast already and I think shes got a point because I often look around and see her head narrowly missing the window as I take a nice right hander.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

Board footer