You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 03-06-08 12:00:00

Dux
Verified Member
Website

DIAmond Test today...

Passed..., just about.

6 minors,

2 for just exceeding the 30mph, he said had it happened again I would have got a major,

2 for gears, once in 5th gear in 30 zone, don't recall that one, the other in 4th when 3rd would have been more appropriate,

1 speed on approach to unmarked crossroads, recognised it a little late I'm afraid,

1 on my left reverse, looking to the right a little too late.

Bit disappointed with the amount of minors, especially 2 in the same area twice, but overall I have to be pleased I passed, not sure I'm ready for the DIAmond special test just yet though big_smile

Part 1 Passed April 07

Part 2 Passed June 07 3 Minors

Part 3 Delayed Success 05/12/07    3-3

Part 3 Passed 20/02/08      5-5

Diamond Advanced Driver 03/06/08

www.polepositiondrivertraining.co.uk

03-06-08 12:00:00

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: DIAmond Test today...

#2 03-06-08 12:02:03

AndyBerry

Well done Dux! Still a high standard of driving shown by the sounds of things.

Andy

#3 03-06-08 22:18:08

Leprechaun

Well done Dux - i know how hard it is after putting myself through it a couple of months ago too. I had an error that i had no recollection of doing as well  lol

You'll get your name in the magazine's "hall of fame" too  big_smile

Like you, i don't think i'm ready for the 'special' yet either.

#4 04-06-08 07:42:10

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

big_smile Well Done you!  big_smile

#5 04-06-08 08:10:12

Target
Verified Member
Website

Well Done.....At least the standards are still the same and you are keeping Part 2 level.

I found the more i teach the better my own driving becomes.

Its interesting reading your comments and after doing the Rospa test yesterday...My ex actually said he would not mind if I slightly went over the speed limit, im not talking huge amounts but there were little sections from 30mph to NSL which i waited for to be spot on the speed limits, but by doing this some cars behind are chumping at the bit.

There were other instances where if I was on a DSA(style) marking system I would have failed, however the examiner made an assessment we cannot always be accountable for other peoples actions but we can control those situations which we get ourselves into.

Sounds a little harsh thou on some of those markings. 5th at 30mph maintain is acceptable. Looking to the right a little late on reverse left. Is that late late or just a little after steering.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#6 04-06-08 13:09:38

Dux
Verified Member
Website

Thanks guys, I thought the gear minors were a little harsh, but the rest were fair enough. My look on reverse left was probably just after I'd steered, it was a sharp corner, so had to put full lock on, perhaps that's what cost me my first look.

It was a good experience though, it's easy to forget how the pupil feels sat in the drivers seat on test, so for that alone it was worth it.

It would have been nice though, at the end as we went through my faults, if the examiner had been able to praise me for my driving in certain situations, I know that they can't/don't do this, he was on check test himself, so had to adhere to the correct procedure, but I'm sure it could be something the DSA could look into.

Part 1 Passed April 07

Part 2 Passed June 07 3 Minors

Part 3 Delayed Success 05/12/07    3-3

Part 3 Passed 20/02/08      5-5

Diamond Advanced Driver 03/06/08

www.polepositiondrivertraining.co.uk

#7 05-06-08 09:41:39

Target
Verified Member
Website

It was a good experience though, it's easy to forget how the pupil feels sat in the drivers seat on test, so for that alone it was worth it.

This alone means the CPD is well spent. Over time now Ive learnt to cope with these nerves, but I remember how bad it was on my part 2.

On the Rospa I got in the car in the morning and boy was I shaking, and to be honest I had very little to lose by taking the test. No pressure no need for the top grade just a relaxing drive, but I was shaking before I left the house.

That all passed once I got driving but that never happened on Part 2.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Board footer