You are not logged in.

#1 27-05-08 11:15:29

iwanadrive

Okay, so test number two coming up, any words of advice

Hi guys, so time had come round again for my next test.  Test number one went really well despite me not passing!  However i am actually more nervous about test number 2 as i feel the pressure more, like i just can't face failing again.  I have chosen not to tell anyone when my next test date is as i'm just fed up of the whole situation.  i am nervous about letting myself and my instructor down and worry this is going to affect my driving.

I have some relaxation cds to listen to so will be listening to them over the next few days and don't really feel it will be my nerves that let me down but the feeling of pressure that i have to pass this time, even if the pressure is only coming from myself.  Any advice or points to remember?

27-05-08 11:15:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Okay, so test number two coming up, any words of advice

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-05-08 11:46:42

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Stay focused, dont relax until you turn the car off at the end of the test.
Put everything into practise that you have been taught/learnt, never take for granted what other road users/pedestrians are going to do!

Stay in control at all times  big_smile

Even after you've passed all of the above apply!
Very best of luck  8-)

#3 27-05-08 11:57:21

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Don't worry about letting other people down... this is your test & the time for you to show that you are ready for the licence.

You said the first one went well, so keep thinking positively like that - you know the routine now & what to expect... just follow their directions & instructions and show them that you are a safe and careful driver who deserves your licence.

& don't worry about failing - you failed once & you're trying it again... if it doesn't happen this time what's going to happen? Nothing except you'll have to try one more time... nothing bad or life changing... try to stop putting extra pressure on yourself... it's only a driving test!

Best of luck!

Ambition Driving College

#4 27-05-08 16:25:32

iwanadrive

Thanks for the advice/support guys, just what i wanted to hear, its just nice when i'm stressed about it i can read other peoples comments and it makes me feel ok about it.

#5 27-05-08 22:15:59

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

hi iwannadrive. the examiner only wants a comfortable safe drive. nice use of your routines should ensure that. slow safe set exercises with good obs. at the end of the day . . . .  if he/she's happy for you to be coming the otherway when they knock off? you pass - its that simple? don't over complicate it, forget the ex, drive the way you have been taught and 100% concentration.
go get your pink  big_smile

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#6 28-05-08 20:20:14

jackie99100

Good luck iwanadrive,i hope you pass this time wink

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#7 28-05-08 20:38:59

Shazzer

Chill  :afro: as all above comments, relax!!, good luck  smile

#8 29-05-08 14:06:31

iwanadrive

Alas, no pass for me!  I was apparantly too hesitant.  So, although it was a safe drive because i had missed one or two opportunities, i didn't pass.  Have booked again, but am really hoping i don't get that examiner again.  I don't really like people who sit next to me and ignore me when i speak to them, wasn't exactly helpful at making me feel relaxed. 

Still not one to be beaten, there will always be next time.  Thanks for the support anyway guys.

#9 29-05-08 14:32:55

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Sorry to hear it, but you've still got a great positive attitude, so keep the chin up & go get it next time!

Ambition Driving College

#10 29-05-08 16:23:50

jackie99100

Sorry iwanadrive, he was obviously a prat, as if you weren't nervous enough hope you don't get him next time too :cry:

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

Board footer