You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 24-05-08 16:06:58

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Fuel prices rocketing like crazy!

The prices are going up so quick arn't they,
almost every day it's going up say 1p per litre.

At what point should the price of petrol/diesel go before you think to find another job?

£1.50 a litre, £2 a litre, £5 a litre, or lets just go silly and say £10 a litre?

Have any of you increased your prices in line with fuel cost yet?

Finally when do you think the likes of BSM/AA will charge £30+ per hour?
Regards
Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

24-05-08 16:06:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fuel prices rocketing like crazy!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#2 26-05-08 17:35:18

neil8181
Verified Member

The prices are going up so quick arn't they,
almost every day it's going up say 1p per litre.

At what point should the price of petrol/diesel go before you think to find another job?

£1.50 a litre, £2 a litre, £5 a litre, or lets just go silly and say £10 a litre?

Have any of you increased your prices in line with fuel cost yet?

Finally when do you think the likes of BSM/AA will charge £30+ per hour?
Regards
Si

Everywhere you go you will notice significant price increases on things, whether it's milk, bread etc...

The answers simple you HAVE to pass on the cost to the consumer.

I have had increase already this year my next is in the next 4 weeks for sure.

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#3 26-05-08 18:04:40

jonsmithuk
Verified Member

Thanks for the advice , will be putting my price up to £12 next week

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 26-05-08 18:11:42

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for the advice , will be putting my price up to £12 next week

Up by £12p/h or ull be charging 12p/h  :?  yikes

#5 26-05-08 18:21:49

jonsmithuk
Verified Member

Blond and proud. Stay like that smile

#6 26-05-08 18:24:44

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

tongue Jon  tongue

#7 26-05-08 18:32:01

redboy

Hi All,
       I have already left the industry eight weeks ago to return to a past career in retail. Do be honest I loved the job just could not afford to carry on with a young family too support. The petrol prices were a factor but more the current financial climate in the country as a whole.
      Money is getting tighter all the food, fuel and energy supply increases were the final straw. I feel in my part of the country the job is becoming part time, indeed many of the local instructors are already part time.
       Having said that the job is the best most rewarding you can do, so all you guys in training keep up the good work but work out your finances but be relistic.
               Regards Redboy big_smile

#8 26-05-08 22:00:13

HereComesTrouble

I had a price increase in January. Another one last month and will be increasing prices again in July. ALL my pupils, without exception have accepted that the price of fuel means I have no choice than to increase lesson prices. I use it as a learning curve with my pupils as a factor that MAY wish to take into consideration when buying a car - the running costs!

#9 27-05-08 08:48:43

AndyBerry

My diesel Corsa is now costing me around £10 a tank more to fill up than it did in October time! I've today decided to run with my roof box off to get that little bit extra economy out of it - hopefully it'll help!

#10 27-05-08 15:33:30

jonsmithuk
Verified Member

Andy, what you will find is about 50% less hasstle from other drivers. I used to remove the roof sign around guy fawkes due to the number of fireworks thrown at the car. Its stayed off for the last six years, as I found it avoided the second and third car back trying to overtake the other cars and us , often misjudging and almost taking the front off mine. Enjoy. I think you'll prefer no sign. It only ever got me one or two pupils a year anyway.

Board footer