You are not logged in.

#1 16-05-08 22:07:21

wolfchild08

Failed 1st test

I failed my first attempt at the driving test yesterday.  I got 8 minors and 2 serious.  If it wasnt for my nerves I wouldnt have got the 2 serious.  Heres a list of the faults I was marked down for:

Serious:

Steering - When doing a left turn I ended up on the other side of the road.
Observation - Stalled on the give way line at a junction and did not do my observation.

Minors:

Undue hesitation x1
Not driving at appropriate speed x2 (for doing 20 in a 30 zone)
Show me tell me x2
Turn in road x2 (observation and control)
Stopping in a safe place x1

Im not going to let this get to me because I think considering how nervous I was and that it was my first attempt I did really well.  I have booked another test which take place in 6 weeks time.

Theory passed 1st time 19/1/08 49/50 65/75
1st Practical failed 15/5/08 2s 8m
2nd Practical failed 13/6/08 - 1d
3rd Practical failed 27/6/08 - 2s 13m
4th Practical failed 11/7/08 - 3s 10m
5th Practical passed 2/8/08 - 7m

16-05-08 22:07:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed 1st test

#2 16-05-08 22:13:34

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

Sorry to hear this child of wolf.  Don't beat yourself up over this.  Just get back into it straight away.  It sounds like you will need another lesson with your instructor to go over your test report and rectify the faults.

I have to criticise you getting 2 faults for not answering your show & Tell questions.  This is one of the easiest parts of the test and only needs a little study.  Your instructor should have given you a copy of all the questions & answers.

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

#3 18-05-08 19:57:07

wolfchild08

My instructor took me on the same route today and also a route I have never been on before today in my lesson.  I was not making any of these mistakes and he said he could not fault my driving at all.  Im putting this all down to nerves and proud of myself for coming so close to passing on the first attempt.  Im confident that I will do even better next time and not giving up on this cus I know I can do it! The show me tell me bit is easy I just went blank for some reason when she asked me the questions.  I shouldnt be as nervous on the next test because I know what to expect.

Theory passed 1st time 19/1/08 49/50 65/75
1st Practical failed 15/5/08 2s 8m
2nd Practical failed 13/6/08 - 1d
3rd Practical failed 27/6/08 - 2s 13m
4th Practical failed 11/7/08 - 3s 10m
5th Practical passed 2/8/08 - 7m

#4 18-05-08 20:07:28

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

You are quite correct, the second test is easier because you know what to expect.

Best of luck.... Ian

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

#5 21-05-08 16:35:05

iwanadrive

Wolfchild, sorry to hear you have been setback and not quite achieved your licence this time, but well done for being so positive about it and it will hopefully be next time lucky for you.  At least you now have an idea of what the test is like and hopefully nerves wont get the better of you next time.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 28-05-08 11:13:40

robinsamuels
Verified Member
Website

Just one quick word of advice, don't over compensate for your mistakes on your next test. Quite a few people do that and end up with a second fail, which in your case would probably be too much observation at an open junction and too tight a turn putting you on the curb.

Like everyone is saying, just relax. It's a new test.

Good luck with the retest.

When it gets to the stage of sadobestionecrophilia, give up: Otherwise known as flogging a dead horse!

http://www.robinsdriving.co.uk

Board footer