You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 19-05-08 07:34:02

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Got a Wii

My wife got me a Nintendo Wii for my birthday.  Weve been up to half 1 or 2 in themorning now playing it.  Its amazing what a time waster it is, but really its not a time waster, because Im sharpening up my snooker skills.

It came with Wii Play and Sonic Raiders.

Can anyone suggest any good games to buy?  Id like a good golf game.

19-05-08 07:34:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Got a Wii

#2 19-05-08 07:53:14

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

the golf on the Wii SPorts disc that comes in with the console is pretty good! A friend of mine (also with wii lol) has a tiger oods golf game too, can;t remember the title, seems pretty good.

Sonic and Mario Olympics is excellent, also provides a real workout lol try doing the 4x100m swimming relays  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue Lots of variety of things to do on that one too!

Gemma
1st practical - 29/07/2005 4s 9m   2nd practical - 17/08/2005 1s 10m
3rd Practical - 8/09/2005 3s 6m  4th Practical - 12/10/2005 4 minor!!!
Pass Plus - Completed 4th Dec  Drives R reg Fiesta Chicane 2005-2009
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.
Now got my ZoomZoom 60 Mazda2 Sport.

#3 19-05-08 09:26:31

driver69

Funny you should post this thread Jonny, I was going to ask opinions of the Wii as I played it at a friends on Saturday and was really impressed.  I played the 10 pin bowling and boxing but my arms are aching after it.

The reason I am thinking of one is the Wii fit, I really need to do something and it looks like a good way of keeping fit.  Anyone got the Wii Fit?

#4 19-05-08 10:41:21

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

thy look really good the Wii fit ~ I want one for my Wii, but cannot get hold of one for love nor money  :cry: The Wii games are excellent, the Wii fit looks even better  tongue tongue

For now will have to settle with Rayman Raving Rabids (tricky am finding), Warioware, Mario and Sonic OLympics (blinkin good workout), brain training and Wii sports  tongue

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#5 19-05-08 11:09:09

Lucky245
Verified Member

Yep got wii-fit.  Lots of exercises including running, press -up works out your BMI, lets you decide how much weight you would like to lose and over what period.  Monitors you exercise regime.  Even lets you add exercise you do outside of the wii-fit ones.  All info can be password protected  (ladies will like that facility).  Great fun and if your aching doing bowling tennis and the like Oh boy are you going to be in pain after doing this.  No really you can pick what exercises you want to do but some of them are killers.  Also you can choose a fitness instructor Male or Female to demonstrate what you need to do.  Best used in a room away from prying eyes to save embarrasment.  Over all I much prefer this method of ridding myself of a few stone over being in a public gym. tongue  plus its always open tongue

"Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean its wrong!!!"

RoADA Gold

#6 19-05-08 11:09:53

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

As others have said;

"Wii Sports" is brilliant - Bowling, Golf, Tennis, Baseball, Boxing and you can do a daily fitness test with it too. You can also buy snazzy Wii controllers shaped like golf clubs, tennis rackets etc if you're seriously into it and want to make playing a bit more "realistic" - they don't cost that much either  smile

"Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Games" is excellent too and watching other people playing it will have you laughing hysterically as they look really, really, REALLY silly... tongue

If you like going on missions involving random violence, snogging lots of nubile young ladies wearing school uniforms and being rude to teachers "Bully (Scholarship Edition)" is fab and will keep you occupied for hours.

In a similar vein to Bully but with guns and cars, but no snogging, "The Godfather (Blackhand Edition)" is also excellent.

I want "Wii Fit"...it's very difficult to get hold of at the moment but a journalist friend of mine reviews Wii games and here's what she says about Wii Fit - she's also reviewed some other Wii Games on that site too

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#7 19-05-08 11:19:21

hector
Verified Member
Website

Youve all got too much time on yer hands  big_smile big_smile big_smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#8 19-05-08 11:22:05

Lucky245
Verified Member

When your team goes out in the semi's and only gets to 4th in the league what else is there to do?

"Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean its wrong!!!"

RoADA Gold

#9 19-05-08 11:24:56

hector
Verified Member
Website

When you put it that way.........

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 19-05-08 11:34:14

jackie99100

thy look really good the Wii fit ~ I want one for my Wii, but cannot get hold of one for love nor money  :cry: The Wii games are excellent, the Wii fit looks even better  tongue tongue

For now will have to settle with Rayman Raving Rabids (tricky am finding), Warioware, Mario and Sonic OLympics (blinkin good workout), brain training and Wii sports  tongue

Try ebay for a wii fit  http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search. … le=wii+fit

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#11 19-05-08 11:59:26

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

thanks, but seeing as is my parents stumping up the cash lol

understandably, want a shop where got proper comeback lol parting with hard earned cash in region £70.

Be fab if I can get one in GAME soon seeing as I have a £20 giftcard there roll case of being patient and keeping trying, every store though gamestation, zaavi etc, all have signs outside, no wiifit

Gemma
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.

#12 20-05-08 23:06:00

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

I didnt get Wii sports with the console, but the wife complained when she went back to the shop, as its supposed to be standard.

The console I have is preowned, so I guess it had been taken out by previous owner and flogged.

But after a few rounds of golf, couple of tennis matches, 3 rounds in the boxing ring and a game of baseball, lets just say Im hoping I dont need to grab the steering wheel too quickly in tomorrows lessons!!

Also thinkin about the wii-fit, more for the wife though.

Board footer