You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 13-05-08 21:08:22

STEVO
Verified Member

Pink ?????????????????

I have trained with the AA and took my part3 for the first time on Monday, totally blew it. :cry: I knew what to say and do but went wrong from the start when he sat me in the driving seat at the test center. This I was not ready for, as no one told me that this may happen. The reason was moving off and stooping. Was he about to start judging my driving? just knocked me for six by the time we reached the start point I was a wreck messed up totally. So 2min into part 2 told him to drive back to the test center. I have never got to grips with role play with my instructor but I have shown my 15 year old moving off...  with no problems at all.
So Just what and how do I get this PINK?

13-05-08 21:08:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pink ?????????????????

#2 13-05-08 21:38:25

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Have a gander at some of the other pink/trainee licence threads in this section for info.

Basically tho...for the cost of £125 you can apply for a trainee licence, if you havent got the form its available on the dsa site, you send it off with the money & your AD121T (proof of 40hrs training), the form will need to be signed by your sponsor (presumably the AA?)
Then if they grant you a licence you are able to teach & get paid for it, BUT it should be used as an extra training tool NOT as a way of an income.
During the first 12 weeks of being on a pink you must have a further 20hours of training, the licence lasts for 6mths.

For me....a pink licence gave me the confidence, experience & knowledge to qualify...others view it as a waste of time...but i couldnt have done it without it.
Good Luck smile

#3 13-05-08 21:55:52

helee
Verified Member

The AA won't will they. They only take on fully qualified instructors!

Stevo where are you based

#4 13-05-08 21:57:59

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Oh never knew that! Well u learn summat knew everyday

#5 13-05-08 22:04:17

helee
Verified Member

I'm sure I read somewhere that the AA is the only national school with fully trained instructors. This must mean the don't agree with the trainee licence

#6 13-05-08 22:44:42

tony adi
Verified Member
Website

Stevo
You can read about how to get a pink on DfT site here's the link
http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/d … wotest.htm

By the way your trainer should have told you that you may need to drive to suitable location for first pst. I'd be inclined to ask why they didn't. That's what your paying them for isn't it?

Also the AA don't do pinks. There's nothing to stop you going on a pink with another school though or another ADI if you can find one to sponsor you.

www.selbydriving.co.uk

12.gif

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same
function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy
state of things.”
~ Winston Churchill

#7 13-05-08 23:24:01

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

tony is right - you could/should have been aware of that. but no part three is pretty. none of us at our best?

as binty has said it helped me with confidence and let me get comfortable with the way i teach. did't make any money but coverered costs. i think thats the way its supposed to work? while it's still available as an aid? try it - worked for me - others will disagree - hohum  - o/

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#8 14-05-08 06:10:28

hector
Verified Member
Website

Forget the pink for christs sake get some proper training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 14-05-08 18:38:58

ExAdiNigel

Forget the pink for christs sake get some proper training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey!  Watch it, stop stirring! big_smile

With regard to the AA and a pink badge.  Remember individual instructors run their own business.  Although you can't go on a Pink and be franchised to the AA, there is nothing to stop the AA trainer sponsoring a trainee and the trainee using a Pink.  I sponsored one of my trainees.

Similarly, although the AA aren't ORDIT registered, some of their trainers are.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#10 14-05-08 21:42:30

STEVO
Verified Member

I am based in Essex near Colchester

#11 15-05-08 18:57:20

hector
Verified Member
Website

Only saying that a pink would have been little help, just proper structured training. Having no idea what to expect for move off stop indicates a simple lack of correct training and preparation. (Sorry AA)
Despite what is commonly thought a pink is of little help for the part 3 format. As Stevo said hes probably very good with teaching real moving off and stopping-Very different to part 3 moving off and stopping.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#12 17-05-08 18:57:43

Brad Pitstop
Verified Member

I'm with H here the pink is no replacement for good training for the part 3.  The two are very loosely related. If your training was up to speck you should have been told exactly what to expect for every PST.

#13 27-05-08 07:10:01

HereComesTrouble

OK, as ex AA I can assure you they only have qualified instructors driving around in their AA cars.

Now, If I was you I would be asking for soem compensation! Why the hell did they send you for part 3 unprepared? Who paid for the exam? YOU did!!! Are they paying for your second and penultimate atempt?

I am 100% with hector here. GET SOME PROPER TRAINING. I hate to sterotype, so I will. ALL these big organsiations are after just one thing. YOUR MONEY. Yes, some of the small one man bands are too and this is the fundamental problem, but I looked into both before training and decided on the indi oute. I passed all 3 first time and don't regret it for a second.

#14 27-05-08 09:57:39

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Oh for goodness sake!! if you have a problem with the AA, say so rather than running down all the big organisations of which you have absolutely no experience of. Everybody selling something are after the money and unless you charge peanuts or buttons then this includes you too. The main difference is the quality of goods provided.

#15 27-05-08 11:25:47

hector
Verified Member
Website

I have massive experience of the bigger organisations, with whom all PDI's have the same potential problems. The quality and quantity of the trainers. Having also conducted a large scale survey to determine the reasons behind part 3 failure it became very apparent why.

As Doc says everyone is after your money, that is how the world works. I have much more issue with the ADI training for free outfits than the bigger organisations. Although their (some of the bigger ones) advertising methods are unscrupulous to say the least

The problem is and will always be the same with the bigger ones, who will you get as a trainer? Pot luck at the end of the day. From excellent to terrible is the answer and often a confusing mix of both. Most of the better ones will always go it alone at some stage anyway.

The real problem proved conclusively is training time. This has direct correlation to pass rates at part 2 and 3. And the majority of the larger organisations will always offer 2 to one training or if one to one low hours. Because to make a profit they simply have to do this.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#16 27-05-08 16:38:51

HereComesTrouble

....... of which you have absolutely no experience of........

I do just so happen to know a fair bit about BSM, AA Driving School, The Instructor college and indeed your beloved LDC, all of whom I have had direct involvement with starting with BSM who I originally started my ADI career with back in 1985. I worked with AA driving school until I left them in November 2006. I have also had dealings with LDC and TIC.

#17 27-05-08 17:04:49

Doc
Verified Member
Website

"dealings"?

These dealings have made you an authority in instructor training?
These dealings have given you an in depth knowledge of these organisations?

You trained independantly with one tutor and now you are a champion of the independant route?

Proper training?

I too passed my 3 exams first time and all without a training partner or extra training. I also got a grade on my 1st check test, passed my HPT and passed my ORDIT first time. All of this with a big company

Have i been properly trained?

It's good to have opinions but we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves.

#18 27-05-08 18:00:13

HereComesTrouble

One independent? Yep, right., That just shows how little you know about me then. I agree it is good to have opinions, but please don't make assumptions about me, because you really don't know me.

#19 27-05-08 20:46:26

Doc
Verified Member
Website

You're right, i don't know much about you but unless you have trained and worked with them all you can't be an authority on the matter. My experience is with one company and by my results my training has been exceptional but i have never (and never will) slate any other company or independant trainer and cause unecessary confusion to this forums members who may be looking for a quality trainer. Your post is damning and without basis.

#20 27-05-08 21:17:24

HereComesTrouble

My comments are not without basis at all. I originally trained with BSM in 1985, worked for AA driving school - who lied to me in order to secure my franchise (and yes I can prove it), tried getting information from LDC, which took them 13 weeks to respond to by which time I had qualified, and was lied to by The Instructor College in 2000 who claimed that I was one of the best drivers they had ever assessed. Only problem was, they hadn't assessed me! My views and opinions are simply that, but you were completely wrong to assume this and that about me, especially in the light that you have only had experience of LDC! That makes me better qualified than you to pass some judgement and that is exactly what I did.

I mean no disrespect to you but once again, please stop making assumptions like 'without basis'. I hope we will just agree to disagree on this. Your opinion is perfectly valid, but so is mine. This is the great thing about a forum - open discussion and opinion.

#21 27-05-08 22:08:52

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Right you've got history with these guys but that doesn't make you qualified at all as your experiences cannot be viewed as being the norm and how can you say that LDC were only interested in your money when it took them 13 weeks to reply? Regardless as to how qualified you feel you are to slate anyone, it's incomparable to me as i wouldn't be as unprofessional. Yes we will agree to disagree as i'm not here to fight with you but i will defend my business interests when they are being slagged off.

#22 28-05-08 16:41:42

HereComesTrouble

Does this mean I am off your Chrimbo card list then?

I never 'slagged off' LDC at all, so try reading instead of talking Mr franchisee. I said 'BIG' companies. I also went on to mention that a lot of smaller ones are the same.

You are right about one thing though. The quality of goods received. I do offer a very high quality, so thanks for pointing that one out. big_smile

Hello..... is that the samaritans....... big_smile

#23 28-05-08 17:32:16

Doc
Verified Member
Website

I did read and since LDC are the 3rd largest i am assuming (i know you don't like assumptions, but then again you don't like stereotyping either) that they are included when you use the word "ALL" and as opposed to a lot of small companies you actually said "some"

I hate to sterotype, so I will. ALL these big organsiations are after just one thing. YOUR MONEY. Yes, some of the small one man bands are too and this is the fundamental problem

You are making comments that can have an adverse affect on my business for no good reason other than waiting 13 weeks for information. That is an unprofessional thing to do and in my opinion is an act of insecurity or malice. If you are as good a trainer as you claim then i again will assume that you are secure within yourself so that only leaves malice.

I mean no disrespect to you but once again, please stop making assumptions like 'without basis'. I hope we will just agree to disagree on this. Your opinion is perfectly valid, but so is mine. This is the great thing about a forum - open discussion and opinion.

Now you want to revert to childish comments like "Does this mean I am off your Chrimbo card list then?" and "try reading instead of talking Mr franchisee" That's not being very respectful at all. You really need to grow up, you're supposed to be a role model. For someone who has the many years of experience in this profession as you have, you don't actually come across well at times. PDI'S come to this forum for inspiration and guidance but that's not what they get from you all the time is it? they get an egocentric opinion which at times is wrong and even when it is blatantly wrong you can't bow out with dignity. Instead you resort to unprofessional behaviour.

#24 28-05-08 17:53:00

VandADI
Administrator

Hey guys, let's not get too personal,  smile
Doc and HCT, you are both well respected members of the forum and I would like to keep it this way  wink

#25 28-05-08 19:55:48

hector
Verified Member
Website

Back to the original post re training and trainee licences!

If you looked at the biggest three training companies, lets be honest the top two manage to do this industry no good at all, with everything from their advertising methods to their training regimes and overall quality, particulary abusing the trainee licence scheme.. From experience I have never trained anyone from LDC who lacked quality, but several who lacked quantity. But they signed for a set number of hours which they knew when they signed up and just required extra hrs and prehaps a different perspective.

The other two less said the better. The AA also need big changes in their training regimes as this post highlightes. Contrary to what has been said here my real concern currently is with independent trainers.

Im getting increased rescue training coming from other independents, many PDI's paying silly money for very poor training from poorly qualified trainers who seem to lack a knowledge of what is required on part 3, most not Ordit registered, most supposedly 'highly experienced'

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

Board footer