You are not logged in.

#1 16-05-08 16:02:54

EDstart
Verified Member
Website

Fiat 500

Hi All,

Whilst at the Fiat dealer today looking to order my new Punto I was really impressed with the new Fiat 500.
It even claims to get 55mpg from the diesel which sounds amazing!

Anyone got any thoughts on them or even got one already? I'd love to get some feedback as I might just change my mind and get one instead of the punto!

Ed

16-05-08 16:02:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fiat 500

#2 16-05-08 16:29:55

HereComesTrouble

Ed, my 1.6 TDci Focus gets 55mpg from diesel, so not impressed at all. My Corsa would do around 65mpg, so even less impressed. They are nice looking but I wouldn't have one myself.

#3 16-05-08 16:51:12

den676
Verified Member

How big's the engine?

I had an old Fiesta that did that much.

#4 16-05-08 18:31:16

hector
Verified Member
Website

My beast can do that, are you sure its not the petrol doing 55?

Had a good look round one in Stafford today, a nissan micra springs to mind! Orrible sorry!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#5 16-05-08 19:57:36

EDstart
Verified Member
Website

I am talking about town MPG not combined MPG. My diesel punto states 55 odd mpg combined but in reality it does 32MPG when instructing.

Ed

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 17-05-08 16:20:18

Disky
Verified Member
Website

sorry, but i think they look hideous, but thats just my opinion. There is one instructor here that has one, not heard anything from her, they may well be "sorted" as an instruction car.

my mini cooper petrol does 42mpg round town on lessons.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 28-05-08 15:45:01

HereComesTrouble

I am talking about town MPG not combined MPG. My diesel punto states 55 odd mpg combined but in reality it does 32MPG when instructing.

Ed

Ed, borrow my Focus one day and see. I get 42mpg around town easily!

#8 30-05-08 18:32:37

neil8181
Verified Member

Not sure about the engine but I like the model.

I too nearly reconsidered once I saw one in the show room when I was ordering the punto.

I think it looks great!

Especially the sporty version, looks ideal for what we do.

Decided against it because of the waiting list.

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#9 20-06-08 11:24:27

DampDog
Verified Member

Popped in and had a look at a 500, while out doing a bit of shopping this morning. Nice "Cheeky" looking little car as you approach them, kids will love em. Horrendous on the inside, horrid plastic dash, seats feel too small, all a bit claustrophobic unless you have a glass roofed one.

I'd read that they were approaching mini build quality, nowhere near. Speedo can't be seen from passenger side, it's a dual concentric thing with the speedo making up the outer ring and the rev counter inside that. They just feel very small and plasticy inside, pity they look quite nice. So that's another one crossed off my list of possible next cars. (wasn't really on the list anyway, just fancied a look see)

DD

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#10 20-06-08 21:09:54

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

If you're looking for a car that is going to get noticed, this has to be worth a look.  The kids, especially the girls will love them.  I'm not sure if it may put some of the lads off though. 

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 21-06-08 06:54:06

DampDog
Verified Member

If you're looking for a car that is going to get noticed, this has to be worth a look.  The kids, especially the girls will love them.  I'm not sure if it may put some of the lads off though.

Think you're right that the kids will like em, they are eye catching and look nice on the road. Just think they're not ideal to be sitting in all day. Shame that FIAT interiors feel a bit "low rent" they are now making some good looking cars, Grande Punto looks really good in one of the brighter colours. Then as they say "One mans poison"

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#12 21-06-08 14:57:45

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

If you go for the leather seats, they don't look cheap at all.  The only thing is that you've got the usual Italian seating position.  Comfy if you've got long arms.

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

#13 22-06-08 06:05:09

la.monikita
Verified Member

if you get the diesel engine you going to have a very fast car with a very low fuel consumption wink

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

Board footer