You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 05-05-08 20:41:33

Chewy20

Shaky Leg

Failed my driving test last Friday  sad  So I've got over the crying period and the anger etc...Although, first thoughts were, I really can't go through with it again, after a few days it doesn't seem too bad.

I really don't like BMWs any more though, lol....failed on a roundabout, think it was something to do with lane changes and not letting the BMW know that I was changing lanes....although have to admit, I was kinda lost in feelings after the result was handed.  Few other things that need polishing up...but all minor.

Although, had a really bad nerve problem, has never happened before, but as soon as I drove into the test car park and tried to bay park, my left leg started to shake (big time).  I know its nerves and really there is no way of calming these, they are just part of life. 

I have learn't from the experience though, so hopefully this will help me for the next test, I know what to expect.  I also know that the instructors aren't scary at all.  The examiner I had, bless him, was trying to talk to me (calm the nerves I guess), wasn't able to respond very well, but he was really friendly. 

Me and my instructor have discussed calms and rescue remedy to help the nerves but any other tips that anyone has, please let me know!!

If I can calm the nerves and the shaky leg, it would be brilliant, then I can focus on the outside of car again like in my lessons!!

Hope everyone has had a good bank holiday weekend.

x~Jill~x
Theory Passed - Q's 49/50 Hp 57/75  (20/02/08)
Practical Passed - 6 Minors (05/06/08)

05-05-08 20:41:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Shaky Leg

#2 06-05-08 13:21:24

Luchell
Verified Member

Superglue under the left foot?  wink  Let's get you rebooked, you have some good experience behind you and it was good the examiner was so helpful.  xx

#3 06-05-08 16:03:10

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Sorry for your 'delayed success'...

To help with the nerves, every time you stop during the test, either pulled over or at lights, etc, take a deep breath - in through the nose & out through the mouth.

It will just give you an extra second to catch your thoughts before dealing with whatever comes next.

Best of luck next time!

Ambition Driving College

#4 08-05-08 19:59:43

hector
Verified Member
Website

Carlos as your examiner?

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#5 08-05-08 20:35:20

Luchell
Verified Member

Who?? Put the beer back in the fridge Hector  lol lol

#6 09-05-08 07:52:33

Chewy20

Thanks for the advice MiniClassic, I will try that next time, although the examiner kept saying to me breathe, so even though I was trying, I probably wasn't lol!
Yes I was a bit confused, whose Carlos?  LOL    lol

x~Jill~x

#7 09-05-08 21:46:09

KTB

hey chewy20. I'm one of hayley's minions too, lol. i had my 3rd test today and failed on the St marks roundabout going back towards the test centre. i came in towards the roundabout in the wrong lane, tried to correct it once on the roundabout but it was to late, another car was there, then it just went t*ts up. I had 2 serious, both for that roundabout fiasco!

Oh well. everything i have messed up on the past test's i didn't do on this test, so i am learning from my mistakes and i AIN'T gonna make that same mistake again. my faults where little things, but i should of known better!!!

But yeah, next time WE WILL DO IT!!! Hayley's prob had enough of us now, lol.

Oh and about the shaky leg syndrome, i had exactly the same problem on my 1st test. no matter how hard i tried to stop it, i just could not control it, that was coming down onto St marks to, it's just "the 1st 5 min nerves"
Anyway, good luck for your next test!!!!

#8 10-05-08 10:32:59

Luchell
Verified Member

I could never get bored of the two of you but of course yes we want you passed to celebrate your success  smile smile Kenny had the right idea stick me in with him so we can share the test  lol It did help though, I love the way when we stalled twice through lack of gas Ian comments on me in the back  lol As they drive off i hear Kenny says 'Thanks Hayley'  lol lol I did warn you bout the extra weight  lol lol I think after that we got about every hill in salisbury for manouevres and driving, you managed all that so well! Where there's a will there's a way so off we go again for that licence!!  wink

#9 10-05-08 16:54:31

KTB

i know, the problem was i kept on forgetting u were in the back of the car, and you no what i think about engine noise!!! it just sounds wrong putting all that gas on!! lol! but now i know for next time, when you come with me, mwah ha ha ha ha ha. it's all good tho.  tongue tongue wink wink

#10 12-05-08 12:03:39

Chewy20

Hey guys! Hope you both had a good weekend?!!  smile

I think Roundabouts are one thing I need to sort...enter and exit on every lane so I know where I should be!  Although like you said, you don't tend to make the same mistake again, I suppose your prepared for it next time and then something else goes t*ts up!!   roll

Give it some welly on the gas next time (lol!)  Diesels are noisier anyway!  Although I know what you mean, Hayleys always saying to me, give it more gas, for some reason, I forget that, I think I feel i'm going to fly off if I do! LOL  tongue

For some reason, I couldnt get rid of the shaky leg though, it stopped a bit but everytime I had to do something, it was there again....im not a first 5 minute pupil...its all the time  sad Hopefully it'll be less next time because I have some experience.

Must get to booking that test again (sorry Hayley....the sunshine has been too nice!)...ill get to it this evening if I can, otherwise it could be a long wait!   

Take it easy!  8-)

x~Jill~x

#11 12-05-08 14:13:45

KTB

Greetings from barbados, thought i would check messgaes whilst booking into my free hotel!!!
Tell me about it! that's the problem i have. I think if i put all that gas on i will come flying out of a juntion or something,lol. i know that can't happen(i think) coz of clutch control???!!!

#12 12-05-08 19:21:25

littlemissbitch

all i can do is sympathise with you on the shaky leg , it's a awfull and there's naff all you can do if it happens , when i took my forst test 12 year's ago my leg shook throughout the whole test , i didn't feel i was in control of the car , but my second test a couple of month's ago , i only got leg shales when doing manouves , i think it's just practice you need in maybe your weak areas to combat you getting nervous

#13 13-05-08 12:02:22

Chewy20

Are you seriously in Barbados??? Whats this about free hotel?? Details.....lol
Where was my invite? Jealous!!!  lol

Yeah its to do with clutch control, but i'm still worried, I'll fly off, you just have to put the clutch back down, although for some reason my brain doesn't think like that ....im sure that'll come with experience!!  smile

Thanks littlemissbitch, it was just so annoying because like you said you don't feel as if your in control of the car and that's what you need to show!! I am more than happy with my manoeuvres, other than parallel park of course, lol, i think it was just nerves with going into the completely unknown!!
I just wish it would happen on my lessons, so I could combat it before the test....but for some reason I'm not nervous during lessons...  Silly Nerves...hopefully now i have experienced what happens etc, it won't be as bad.   neutral

x~Jill~x

#14 13-05-08 13:53:28

Luchell
Verified Member

Yes he's in Barbados, think he's on his way back today? He only logged on and posted to remind me he's there and so you wish you were there to  lol lol

Sent you a pm about a lesson saturday so you can have first refusal (That's to Chewy  lol)   As you know i hate the sun, had to suffer 4 hours out of my car in a pupils fiesta with no air con on monday  lol We looked like a couple of beetroots and every now and then a wasp buzzed past  yikes  (The fiesta was very nice by the way i just like sitting in a fridge all day  lol)

Board footer