You are not logged in.

#1 12-04-08 19:37:04

littlemissbitch

is this normal ??

Hello Everyone

well it's been 5 week's  now since i passed my test  yikes been driving everyday since , went on the motorway for the first time yesterday and overtook some slower moving traffic aswell  big_smile anyway  reason for this post is , since passing i have become the world's worst back seat driver lol i keep telling hubby to slow down and i tell him that there's car's coming in which i think he hasn't seen , he say's i know i can see lol , what i want to know is is this normal , i seem to have become a very nervous passenger  :?

12-04-08 19:37:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: is this normal ??

#2 12-04-08 19:59:22

Shazzer

Hi LMB
I have always been like this!!! I haven't had my test yet, but have become worse since learning to drive!! tongue

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 12-04-08 20:04:35

littlemissbitch

Hi LMB
I have always been like this!!! I haven't had my test yet, but have become worse since learning to drive!! tongue

lol i never ever said a thing before i could drive but once i started learning again i started it a little bit , but now im dreadfull whenever hubby overtakes i check the door mirrors , it's like im attually driving but im not if you know what i mean , he said if you dont like it you drive hehe

#4 12-04-08 20:13:23

den676
Verified Member

It got so bad with the ex, that I would refuse to drive with her as a passenger.

Having her drive everywhere was better than her saying watch this, watch that, watch the other.  lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 12-04-08 20:14:34

littlemissbitch

It got so bad with the ex, that I would refuse to drive with her as a passenger.

Having her drive everywhere was better than her saying watch this, watch that, watch the other.  lol

lol did it start tho after she passed her driving test ??

#6 12-04-08 21:00:50

den676
Verified Member

I think from wot I remember it got worse.  lol

But she was always a terrible back seat driver  lol lol

#7 12-04-08 21:59:00

Leprechaun

Because i'm an IAM observer i find it difficult when i can tell someone is driving badly but i deliberately don't say anything. I don't want people to feel uncomfortable with me in the car  :oops: I've already had it once - we were car-sharing for something for work. One of my colleagues was driving cos she knew where we were going, one of our other colleagues in the back accused her of being a "real middle laner" and her reply was was "well normally i'd be doing 80+ now if Emma wasn't sitting next to me"  :oops: :oops: :oops:

#8 13-04-08 11:07:29

littlemissbitch

Because i'm an IAM observer i find it difficult when i can tell someone is driving badly but i deliberately don't say anything. I don't want people to feel uncomfortable with me in the car  :oops: I've already had it once - we were car-sharing for something for work. One of my colleagues was driving cos she knew where we were going, one of our other colleagues in the back accused her of being a "real middle laner" and her reply was was "well normally i'd be doing 80+ now if Emma wasn't sitting next to me"  :oops: :oops: :oops:

trouble is my husband isnt driving badly lol it's just im thinking in my own little world that he hasnt seen what i have seen lol

#9 14-04-08 12:37:08

KTB

i have also started to do this!! everyone finds it so annoying! i no they can see what i can see but it doesn't stop me telling them!lol.

#10 15-04-08 23:00:39

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

how do you think an adi feels when they drive (as a passenger) with friends, family, partner? Gulp! i just look out the side window and pray to whichever god may be listening sometimes   roll  ps they tend to drive worse if they know your an adi rolf  big_smile

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#11 01-05-08 09:43:02

AndyBerry

how do you think an adi feels when they drive (as a passenger) with friends, family, partner? Gulp! i just look out the side window and pray to whichever god may be listening sometimes   roll  ps they tend to drive worse if they know your an adi rolf  big_smile

I've noticed this! Only person I've felt truly confident with the driving of is my girlfriends dad as he's a former pursuit driver/dog handler - I know he sees everything (granted I was watching him first couple of times to be sure!). But my girlfriend, brother and rest of my family are terrible when I'm in car - girlfriend accelerates towards red lights then brakes late and coasts frequently. Brother is same with coasting - will accelerate to 30mph in a 30 zone then coasts as it "saves more petrol" (despite being shown it doesn't using on board computer in my Volvo!). And don't even get me started on my mother! big_smile

#12 01-05-08 23:15:02

AndyBerry

haha, no mate - Keep them well away! big_smile They know what I think about their driving though, was telling them these things before I even started training!

Board footer