You are not logged in.

#1 23-04-08 19:19:45

koabrahams
Verified Member
Website

Check Test today

Hi all,

Just wanted to post a thread to say I'd had my 2nd check test today. Qualified in June 2005, had first check test in June 2006 and got a 4 with my subject being left reverse.

Decided to do a lesson today with a 34 year pupil who has had 13 hours with me (had a few lessons when she was 17 then stopped). Did roundabouts linked with anticipation & planning today. Came away with a 5.

I'd done the preparation in as much as I knew the route well (moved up to Norfolk from Kent 6 months ago and being an ADI with a pathetic sense of direction   roll, learning the roads has been a challenge) but other than learning the route and running through my lesson plan with my extremely patient business partner  wink, I did try to just treat it as a normal lesson. Nerves are an awful thing but once I got going I just wanted to give my pupil a "normal" lesson and hope I did that.

My pupil was brilliant - was 100% herself and wasn't in the least phased by having the SE in the back -  we still managed to have a laugh and even got the odd chuckle from the back of the car!!  tongue

The SE was great - very enthusiastic and gave me lots of feedback and advice about my pupil's drive, as well as giving me time to ask him anything too.

The pupil I chose was keen, enthusiastic but most importantly LISTENS. She's also great at giving feedback, which just made the lesson a 2- way street and took the pressure off me because I knew she'd give me plenty back - and she did.... loudly saying "WHAT'S HIS PROBLEM?" when a car overtook us at one point............ am pleased to say we were able to move swiftly on  big_smile

After my first check test I promised myself that i'd not get myself in such a state over the next one because amongst all the stress and nerves I felt it was a positive experience.....

Guess what...? In the run up to my second check test, those nerves kicked in and I was scared to death again - so much for thinking of it as a positive experience !  :oops:

However.... with the benefit of hindsight, it WAS a positive experience and I genuinely feel that the SE is there to offer constructive criticism and make it a rewarding experience.

Gotta say thanks to my marvellous pupil, who was a real star and to my wonderful business buddy who held my hand through the last few weeks and reminded me I could do the job even when I really doubted myself  wink

As rewarding and positive experience as it was, I'm glad it's behind me and won't have to do another for a few years now.... if at all. SE said "will see you in around 4 years unless things change"....am kicking myself for not questioning him more now about that comment  :evil:

DISCOVER DRIVING
Fully qualified female instructors covering Norfolk
Grade 5 instructor
DIAmond Advanced Special Test

23-04-08 19:19:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test today

#2 23-04-08 19:25:31

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Congratulations on the 5... sounds like you chose a good topic/pupil combination.

Ambition Driving College

#3 23-04-08 19:39:36

koabrahams
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Miniclassic. Appreciate your early comments big_smile

DISCOVER DRIVING
Fully qualified female instructors covering Norfolk
Grade 5 instructor
DIAmond Advanced Special Test

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 23-04-08 20:32:34

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

nice one, I'm almost a year from qualifying, so check test will no doubt be just around the corner.

Thanks for the write up Koabrahams, they ALL help others like me

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#5 24-04-08 05:51:18

FRANKS
Verified Member

Koabrahams,

a good post about your check test, two positive things in it for anyone got a CT pending

1, did a normal lesson with your pupil (not staged)

2, SE(ADI) was positive and gave helpful advise, I've always found this to be the case and I've done around 6 CT now. THE SE(ADI) is there to help you not to give you trouble.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Board footer