You are not logged in.

#1 03-04-08 08:01:02

catweazle
Verified Member

going on trainee licence

hello just to introduce myself i am starting a trainee licence in three weeks with new driver
all seems well at moment they seem keen to continue my part 3 training,which i need i did my part 1&2 with instructor college direct and my 40hours as well, i found them quite good as a half of my hours were 1 2 1.
nerves now starting to kick in waiting for pink and car

catweazle

03-04-08 08:01:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: going on trainee licence

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 03-04-08 11:15:12

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Good Luck Cat   smile

I loved the experience & confidence a Pink gave me...Enjoy!

#3 03-04-08 16:24:41

fatdad
Verified Member
Website

Nervous now wait till you get your first pupil big_smile
Enjoy it remember a pink is to help you pass prt 3 not to make money its a learning experience goodluck big_smile

ADI,Fleet trainer,Rospa Diploma car +LGV ,IAM car+LGV, DIA Special test.

#4 03-04-08 18:43:45

Mutley
Verified Member

Hi Cat,

I used a pink and gained valuable experience after failing part 3 twice. I was nervous with my first student, just remember your part 3 training and you will be fine.Track your progress and that of your students.

Good Luck.

DSA Grade 6 Adi,IAM Masters and Senior Observer,RoSPA Gold,Local Authority Fleet Trainer and Assessor, NDAC on Road Trainer.

#5 04-04-08 11:18:52

Driving-Me-Mad
Verified Member

Where are you based? Depending on where you are New Driver will either deliver the work or they'll get you very little and either way you'll still need to cough up the franchise fee. Unfortunately for me it was the latter! If you're in Southampton I think you should be OK.

They also have a habit of recruiting as many ADI/PDIs as they can, even if existing ADIs in the area are struggling to fill their diary. I was very annoyed (worded politely there) to find another PDI pop up in my town when I was on a pink despite only having about 7 hours a week myself. Was quite glad when he disappeared after 4 weeks when New Driver failed to get him a single pupil. We trained togther once which is how I know this.

I also don't like their 2 free lessons policy - I had a few where they'd take their 1st free hour and that's the last I saw of them, not because I gave a bad lesson either (at least I hope that wasn't the case)

Don't feel obliged to get extra training with them, you will be expected to pay. I suggest you hassle TIC as much as you can for extra training for free, and if necessary look around for a local independent trainer rather than New Driver. From what I heard New Driver training isn't particularly good. You'll also have to travel to Poole to do it.

This is just my opinion mind you, not trying to put you off but just warning you. You might find them OK as long as they get you the business. Needless to say I dumped them as soon as I got through part 3. Good luck anyway...

#6 04-04-08 17:10:28

catweazle
Verified Member

thanks for the reply i actually live in poole so wont have to travel and live round corner from office
so can hassle them if need to

catweazle

#7 21-04-08 20:09:31

catweazle
Verified Member

sent reminder text to everyone night before

arrived at first pupils at 0945  recieved news has to go out shopping with mum  at 0950 by text great phoned explained i had driven 20 mins to get to him could they go later no he had a wedding suit to try on!!!!!!
discussed cost of lesson  agreed to rebook.
12.00 till 1.00 next pupil was great she was full of enthusiasm we did cockpit drills and controls she grasped it all well  looked at clock and we had done it all in 55 mins  as per my pst scripts.  agreed 2 hours every day next 2 weeks payed up front    great

4.00 5.00    young girl failed a couple of times on observations and reversing round corners and emergency stop (CLAIMED NEVER TAUGHT IT).so hasnt driven since feb
i asked shed loads of questions as i drove her to nursery ,once there i let her drive and had case of verbal diarohea with loads of prompts and what ifs     she didnt know any ref points so showed her for normal road position she said "well i never that will stop me weaving".
with 15 mins left i asked if she felt confident to drive home she said yes  and we went back with guided and prompted practise.
  6.15 7.15  last pupil of day extremly inqusitive and keen to learn she was like a sponge couldnt get enough knowledge. again about 55 mins for pst 1
at end of the day i asked if she wanted to book another lesson shea sked if we could carry on for another hour,i explained i had other commitments and her mother was expecting her home  so she booked 2 hours tommorow.

i had such a day i believe i will  love this job

#8 21-04-08 20:37:26

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Glad you had a better end to the day than the start... bet that didn't help the nerves!

Well done on focusing on the PST's... remember to review what you said & how they understood it. Did they both ask the same questions - if so it might show an area you need to explain differently. If not, learn from their questions anyway & use them as prompts next time to see if the next pupil you do it with has understood that point from what you said in your briefing.

But above all... well done on your first day. It is a great job no matter how much we like to moan!

Ambition Driving College

#9 21-04-08 21:42:38

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

big_smile Glad u enjoyed ur first day cat!

Greetings Mini o Long time no see  big_smile

#10 08-05-08 17:58:38

hector
Verified Member
Website

Tevez

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Board footer