You are not logged in.

#1 17-04-08 13:46:46

iwanadrive

failed yesterday and am loosing the motivation

As said on one of my other threads, i failed my first test yesterday.  The test itself went really well and the examiner said i had even made his day, didn't make him pass me though! :evil: I got two serious and three minor.  1st serious for not looking again as i came off a roundabout.  2nd due to my positioning when going through a tunnel designed for one car. 

I did better than i thought, wasn't too upset about it yesteday, however now i just don't feel like i want to keep putting myself through all this.  I'm not saying i want to quit, i just question whether all this emotional turmoil is worth it.  I have my own car at home but haven't ventured out in her since before the test and don't feel like i want to at the moment.  I just feel like its too soon at the moment and perhaps i would be better off with a week off from driving to allow myself to focus on other things and sort out my dissapointment at failing.  Is it better to have a short break and chuck yourself back in there or to just keep at it.  My instructor says that the test seems to have gone really well and i need to get booked in asap for another one, i won't be able to get one now for another six weeks so figure a week off won't do me any harm.

More of a ramble than a question, but just wanted to share my mood with everyone wink

17-04-08 13:46:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: failed yesterday and am loosing the motivation

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 17-04-08 14:58:16

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Sorry to hear about your 'Delayed Success'  neutral BUT........learn from it and use the experience to make you more determined to pass  big_smile

You now know what it feels like to be in a test situation, and what is expected from you on the test.  It is not easy to pass first time as examiners are looking for a high standard of driving, remember they are testing you as a driver not a learner.
I know only too well what it feels like to fail, but if you want it bad enough you will succeed & learn along the way  smile

Yes have a short break & then jump right back in & go get that licence!
Good Luck  big_smile

#3 17-04-08 17:11:27

Shazzer

Cheer up chuck, look at your name!! lol
You wanadrive and you will! don't stay off 'the horse' too long, it will be harder to get back on. wink

#4 17-04-08 21:06:27

alt
Verified Member

keep at it , dont let it get you down. good luck for next time.

#5 17-04-08 21:09:37

iwanadrive

Thanks guys.  Am walking around now being jealous of all these people in cars!  My little baby is sat outside waiting to be driven so wont be leaving it too long before i get back out there again.  Have some training i have to go to on Sunday so may rope the boyfriend into coming along with me and letting me drive.  I just feel like i need a couple of days off to realise that there's more to life than just driving.  I think that especially when you get to this stage, if your not careful, driving can become all consuming and i need to take some time out and see the bigger picture.

Maybe once i've passed i should change my name to icanadrive!

#6 18-04-08 07:01:19

littlemissbitch

hey sorry to hear about your fail but tbh to get 3 minor's is fantastic , you have got the same result as me on my first test when i did it 12 year's ago 3 minor's and 2 serious , so deffo get back in there i would say your pretty much neally there and would of thought if you can hold it together again for your next test you should pass

#7 18-04-08 08:34:10

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

1 serious for not looking coming off a R/bout, I bet you had more than 1 R/bout, so you know you can do that easily enough next time. The other serious I'm not so sure about ,BUT I bet you ARE NOW, so take they 2 away from your next test and you have a deffo pass.

Good luck next time.

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#8 18-04-08 09:25:03

jackie99100

At least you had a go,look at me i am still sitting here like a saddo  :?,not even having lessons.The longer i leave it the worst it gets so just take a week off and get back to were you left off.Good luck on your next test wink

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

Board footer