You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 26-03-08 15:27:34

jackie99100

driving lessons

I am still looking for a driving instructor prefably a woman as they are the better driver of course, i found this one http://www.drivinglessons-liverpool.com/index.html but how do i know if they are any good.You hear a lot about instructors not putting you in for your test when you are ready just to make more money out of you.Sorry to all you honest instructors on here but this can happen,  roll Anyway i would prefer a reccomended instructor but i don't know anyone .

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

26-03-08 15:27:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: driving lessons

#2 26-03-08 15:37:08

AndyBerry

A quick search of our directory for 'Female instructors' in 'Merseyside' brought up 4 matches - try looking at those first. Many will be members of this forum as well, which shows at least some commitment to training!

Andy

#3 26-03-08 18:08:39

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

hi miss d. kathy is well renowned and respected both locally and nationally. which side of the water are you based?  keith

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#4 26-03-08 18:57:32

FRANKS
Verified Member

Miss Daisy,

I personally find your comments sexist. Lots of MALE instructors have given you lots of helpful and honest advise and I think your comments are not required.

It's quite simply if you don't like your instructor MALE/ or FEMALE you get rid. If you feel you're having to many lessons before being put in for a driving test ask yourself "can I do everything (Drive for 40 minutes) with out my instructors help. If the answer is that you can then talk to your instructor and say you want a test, if he/ or she says your not ready get rid.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#5 26-03-08 20:11:35

Leprechaun

Have you actually rung Kathy???

I don't know her as an instructor for learner drivers but for training towards an advanced test she is GREAT!! She is cool, calm and collected, nothing flaps her (and believe me i've done a few things that could flap people!!!)

I've got my DIAmond retest tomorrow and i've had 9 lessons with her since i failed the 1st test. I now feel as though i'm ready for my test (if i can just keep my nerve). Kathy is able to pick up faults even when you don't realise she's really looking, but she does it in a way that makes you feel as though it's kind of ok even though you know you need to fix or remedy whatever it is.

There have been a couple of times (even as a 'normal' driver training for an advanced test) that i've freaked out at things that have happened or things i've done and she's been great - just calmly told me to pull over for a few minutes to compose myself.

I would recommend Kathy as an instructor to anyone - but as we've talked about i'm not actually sure she herself would cover your area.

Give her a ring (say i recommended her if you want). If you're determined you want a female instructor discuss this with her cos according to the website there are another 3 females on her team so hopefully one will be able to accommodate you.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 26-03-08 22:28:58

jackie99100

FRANKS wrote:

Miss Daisy,

I personally find your comments sexist. Lots of MALE instructors have given you lots of helpful and honest advise and I think your comments are not required.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 26-03-08 22:32:31

jackie99100

Leprechaun wrote:

Have you actually rung Kathy???

Sorry leprechaun i havn't actually rung her yet still trying to build myself up to it thanks for your help.

#8 26-03-08 22:38:00

jackie99100

FRANKS wrote:

Miss Daisy,

Chill out franks it was a joke as in Ha Ha

#9 26-03-08 23:31:34

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

maybe you should take a chill pill too lol
peeps here are "attempting" to help. as lep says kathy is mostly into instructor, fleet and advanced but? she seems to run a school of motoring too and i'm sure it will be upto her own high standards

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring

#10 27-03-08 05:23:57

ExAdiNigel

Miss Daisy,

I personally find your comments sexist. Lots of MALE instructors have given you lots of helpful and honest advise and I think your comments are not required.....

So Miss Daisy would prefer to have her lessons with a female instructor rather than a male.  She isn't running down male instructors in general though is she?  Is it really sexist to have a preference?  Personally I don't think so.  Miss Daisy appears to be a rather nervous learner, so if she feels she would fare better with a female instructor then I see nothing wrong in that.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#11 27-03-08 12:39:33

jackie99100

Thankyou adiNigel i was thinking to myself (what have i done wrong) i would prefer a female instructor and that is my choice,When i said woman are the better driver it was supposed to be a joke.I will remember you have to be very very carefull what you say on here as people are so ready to jump on your every word and twist it ,in fact i may not bother asking anything anymore.Having said all that people on here have helped me alot and i thank them for that and i am very greatfull.I am now going to take a chill pill as i am pi**ed off.

#12 27-03-08 13:55:12

gs1974

Sometimes they do it deliberately, Miss Daisy.

If you/anyone really were having a go at male instructors (or if anyone were having a go at female ones), I'd be the first in the queue to jump on you/them wink But I immediately saw that you were joking with your comment about better drivers because - as we all know - it isn't true wink (that's a joke, too, BTW)

Seriously, though, I think you're thinking into this way too hard. It isn't hard to find an instructor, but you have the same risks of getting a duff one to overcome no matter how you choose one if you just look randomly. Also, just because they're a member on a forum is no guarantee whatsoever that the one you choose will be any better than your last. Recommendation from other learners in your area is likely to be your best bet - but I bet you'll not feel the same way about the instructor in question as the person who recommended them smile

Instructors claiming to specialise in being 'patient' and taking on 'nervous pupils' is standard boilerplate and means very little. You have to go on as direct an experience as possible - and the closer someone is to that experience when they recommend someone to you (and I mean at the sharp end - not just because they know them), the better you'll likely fare with them.

#13 27-03-08 20:10:38

FRANKS
Verified Member

gs1974 is correct in what they have said, it's not hard to find a good instructor male/ or female. It quite easy as I've already said

"It's quite simply if you don't like your instructor MALE/ or FEMALE you get rid. If you feel you're having to many lessons before being put in for a driving test ask yourself "can I do everything (Drive for 40 minutes) with out my instructors help. If the answer is that you can then talk to your instructor and say you want a test, if he/ or she says your not ready get rid."

I know Mis daisy had a bad experience with a male instructor but don't right off all male instructors. We used to have a female instructor around here but she was giving pupils loads of lessons they didn't need, turning up late for lesson and never turned up for some. Also tried to convert pupils to her religion. But saying that we also had a couple of other female instructors who were excellent and had the respect of all the instructors and driving examiners working in the area. So becareful not to tar any one group all the same.

And yes Miss Daisy I think a chill pill would be a good idea, just find an instructor and get your licence and your independance, and by the way I do wish you all the best with it.  big_smile

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#14 28-03-08 08:35:45

yasmin
Verified Member

Hi Miss Daisy
I saw the humour in your comment but then I am a female ADI! Don't stop coming on the forum just because you have received some unsavoury replies. Most of us like to be helpful but in every walk of life there is the minority who spoil it for the rest. I've sent you a PM but I'm not very good with computers so it may not arrive!  smile

#15 29-03-08 14:18:59

jackie99100

Thanks for the support Yasmin,i got your message.   big_smile  And thankyou gs1974  big_smile

#16 29-03-08 17:32:12

iwanadrive

Hi miss daisy, just wanted to say hey and see if you've decided to pluck up the courage and call an instructor yet?  Don't worry about it too much, you'll be surprised at how much you remember when you get going again. 

Also, don't stop posting as i enjoy your posts, always nice to know there's another nervous female driver out there like me, who doesn't take to driving like a duck to water!

#17 29-03-08 17:51:45

jackie99100

Thanks iwanadrive i am still driving in my dreams at the moment(i am very good in my sleep i am ready for my test ) i am going to take up lessons again as i did enjoy learning to drive. I enjoy your posts too big_smile i will keep on posting thanks so much wink

#18 29-03-08 19:39:17

Leprechaun

Thanks iwanadrive i am still driving in my dreams at the moment(i am very good in my sleep i am ready for my test ) i am going to take up lessons again as i did enjoy learning to drive. I enjoy your posts too big_smile i will keep on posting thanks so much wink

that's good  8-) If you can also do that in your waking hours and really visualise yourself enjoying your lessons, taking and passing your test your part-way there too  8-) 8-)

Unfortunately it's not something i seem able to do  sad  roll

Ring an instructor (Kathy maybe) and get yourself back in the driving seat again - the more you put it off the worse it will seem when you eventually do it - believe me i know  :oops: And it's almost never as bad as you expect  wink wink

#19 30-03-08 00:24:45

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

ditto lep. get back in the game  big_smile

#20 08-04-08 15:32:04

Target
Verified Member
Website

Personally I think your better off narrowing it down to 2-3 possibles based on the information you can see online then taking an assessment drive with all instructors.

See which one you feel most comfortable with and go for it. Recomms are fine but this is'nt a restuarant, its you and your personality which needs to gell.

Don't leave it long. If they are busy you may find yourself waiting for a lesson.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Board footer