You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 27-03-08 21:14:09

Leprechaun

D-Day

Well today was D-Day as in DIAmond day and.... I passed yikes yikes yikes big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

It was a very stressfull test cos from 4 miles into it i was convinced i'd failed and it was all i could do for the rest of the test to stop myself crying  :oops: In fact a couple of times the examiner asked me was i ok.

The incident where i thought i'd failed was a double roundabout system and I was turning left, i found my opportunity to go, committed onto the roundabout and then the next thing i had a dark green Polo right behind me and he blew his horn at me yikes At that i audibly gasped and i was convinced i'd done something wrong and i'd failed there. I was then driving along biting just under my bottom lip desparately trying not to cry sad In the debrief Steve said to me i made the right decision to go when i did and he would've gone himself too. He said the green polo had accelerated too fast away from his roundabout and caught up to me quicker than he shoud, he then saw me as an obstruction and i became a victim of his annoyance when he blew the horn. Steve did give me a minor mark for it cos he said the only thing i could've done to help myself would've been to just out my foot down a bit more and get out of his way quicker, other than that i did everything right at that particular point.

One thing i did which really annoyed me and i've never ever done before is that i touched the kerb on my right reverse - ggrrr, that got me a minor mark too. I also did a bit of a swan's neck on my left reverse but he didn't mention that smile

When i was doing my parallel park a woman (who i presume owned the car i was using) was standing at the window watching me all the time  :x As if i wasn't under enough pressure already  :x :x

At one point a purple jaguar overtook me quite sharply and cut in front of me pretty close. He wasn't happy driving at the correct speed limit and i knew at that point i hadn't done anything wrong but it still shook me slightly anyway.

When we got back to the start / end point i was so convinced i'd failed that i turned the engine off, put my hands on the top of the steering wheel, put my head on my hands and looked out of the driver's side window and at that point i fell apart and couldn't stop the tears from coming  :cry: :oops: He must've known i was upset cos he said "Emma? Emma are you ok? Don't hide from me" I didn't want to look at him cos i was crying but i knew i'd have to at some point, especially cos my tissues were above his head. He then asked did i want him to tell me the result and i nodded gently - he went on to say "I'm pleased to tell you that you've passed" yikes yikes yikes big_smile I looked up in shock and he asked "Does that surprise you?" I had to say it did!!

He then explained my faults - i got 4 in total and you're allowed 6 so that was ok.

Two of the marks were for the roundabout incident and the right revrse.

One time he said in a housing estate i'd straightened a curve slightly and he compared it to a bow he said if it had been Robin Hood's bow then i followed the line of the string rather than the line of the wood - when he'd told me about that i vaguely remembered doing it. The last minor mark i got i have no recollection of whatsoever Apparently at one point he'd told me to turn left at the traffic lights so i'd done mirrors, signal but not spotted a side road before the lights. He said there was a car coming up to the side road so i'd cancelled my signal and put it on again one we were past the road. As i said i've got no recollection of that at all but if he says i did then i must've done

He made a few lovely comments at the end. He said he could see from the way i was driving that i care about doing things right and in fact said i pack a punch with my driving and called me a little stick of dynamite  big_smile

He also said he could see i loved my car  yikes I'd love to know how you can tell from the way a person drives that they love their car  neutral Kathy said the same - she said she could see a real difference in the way i drove from the old car to wheni got this new car - i wasn't aware of it  neutral neutral

Anyway it's all over for now  8-) Though i've already had both today's examiner and my ADI asking me am i intending to do the DIAmond Special test next  yikes I think i probably will but i will leave it a year or 2 before i embark on another advanced driving test.

This is an abridged version of today's events, if anyone is interesting in reading all 2,500 words of the full version it's online on my blog

http://www.bloopdiary.com/viewentry.php … 78&num=457

27-03-08 21:14:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: D-Day

#2 27-03-08 21:27:30

DEE

Hiya Lep

Just got one word to say to you

[size=10pt]CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

#3 27-03-08 21:28:58

Lynne
Verified Member

Well done Emma.  Conratulations I know you worked really hard for it.  Sorry never got round to wishing you good luck.  Still you didn't need it L x

#4 27-03-08 22:07:04

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

big_smile Very Well Done!  big_smile
Hard work and determination pays off in the end  wink

#5 27-03-08 22:21:13

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hiya Hun, I said Congratulations to you on the phone, but here it is again.

Congratulations big_smile

Giz xx

#6 28-03-08 00:51:37

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

well done emma/lep i've been reading your pre-test write up and nearly contacted you when you said you might do it on the wirral till it got switched. read something last night that said it was today and i wondered?

MANY CONGRATULATIONS!

damn well done i think you've worked hard have the right attitude and a deserved result! now chill and enjoy - cheers -/  little stick of dynamite. oh read the blog - great write up.

kind regards keith  big_smile big_smile big_smile

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#7 28-03-08 01:07:15

pj
Verified Member

well done Lep big_smile

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#8 28-03-08 05:25:32

ExAdiNigel

Hey! Well Done Emma.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#9 29-03-08 12:20:39

Leprechaun

Thank you everyone, as much as i love driving i'm glad i passed the test and i can relax slightly for a while - until i decide to do RoSPA or DIAmond special  big_smile big_smile big_smile Though i'm still internally chanting mirror, mirror, signal as i'm driving  big_smile big_smile big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 01-04-08 00:59:03

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

until i decide to do RoSPA or DIAmond special  big_smile big_smile big_smile Though i'm still internally chanting mirror, mirror, signal as i'm driving  big_smile big_smile big_smile

Nice one Lep, well done, this is the start of your advanced adventure.

I can only speak from personal preference, i took the RoSPA route, i passed the initial test at gold(pretty hard to do - P.S not being smarmy here), this gave me the platform to go onto the Diploma, which i passed, in doing all this driver training stuff, I then decided to be and ADI, a bit back to front from most on here, but i really didn't see myself as a "driver trainer", it was only when i started ADI that i knew i was.
take your time to decide which route you take next, most have "common" ground, I'd go the RoSPA route mainly due to the fact I did, but also the fact you are tested every 3 years

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#11 01-04-08 21:43:14

Leprechaun

LOL EKAL as it happens i started my advanced driving adventure in 2003 when i did the IAM test but i felt it was now time to do more / something different.

I probably will do more advanced driving in the future but i don't know yet which route i'll take - i'll decide when the time comes that i decide it's time for the next one  wink

Board footer