You are not logged in.

#1 25-03-08 22:12:04

Gavin
Verified Member

Fleet training

Hi All I need some advice about getting fleet training. I looked at a number of training providers who run DSA accredited courses which seem to be from 3 to 5 days in length and go from +/-£700 to £1800 in cost. short but costly!!!!!!! and I'm also looking at trying to do it myself and take the 3 Dsa exams (Cheap but uncertain how to go about the part 3 bit). Which is the best way to go? As i was stung by a certain well known company when i did my initial ADI training and ended  up doing most of it myself, i am wary of paying loads of money out only to find i could have done it myself. Also cannot understand how one course can be 3 days and another 5 days! Are there any books on the subject? 
Any advice welcome before i go completly mad!!!!!

25-03-08 22:12:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fleet training

#2 26-03-08 07:33:17

hector
Verified Member
Website

There is no mandatory course length or course client numbers-Hence the different course lengths

For example on a one to one the course could be completed in two and a half days. The DSA qualification route will cost the price of the three exams with no guarantee of passing and hence the cost gets closer to an acreddited course. Plus you are being examined, not trained, by someone with little or no knowledge of the fleet market.

Many courses require you to already have an advanced driving qualification as a pre requisite. But training should really be included in the course.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#3 26-03-08 08:14:05

Karenadi
Verified Member

Go to Hector.  Can't beat him I guarantee it.

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#4 26-03-08 08:15:24

driverpete
Verified Member

And Hector should know! I went to him for my Fleet training and was well pleased with the result (and the price was reasonable as well).

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 26-03-08 11:52:15

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

#6 27-03-08 10:36:40

Gavin
Verified Member

Thanks for the advice everybody smile smile smile

#7 28-03-08 06:44:48

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I am thinking of doing the fleet training, and i was told to go to hector, by a local instrcutor who is going to go to him.
he is on this forum too.
i will be contacting you soon hector, for some info and advice.

#8 28-03-08 18:01:34

hector
Verified Member
Website

Sorry Robbie

No Liverpool fans are allowed on the course unless they pay double  :evil:

Then again 5-0 aggregate score over the course of the season......................................... Those six points will be just enough to clinch yet another title big_smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#9 29-03-08 05:47:45

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

haha
so who do you support then?
i cant think whos done a 5-0 over us??
(utd, 1-0 and 3-0)

#10 29-03-08 07:36:54

hector
Verified Member
Website

Sorry Robbie ive counted Liverpool's complete lack of any chances in two games as an extra goal for United  big_smile big_smile big_smile :-

I spoke to Torres on the phone last week and he said 'b loody hell im wishing i went to United now'

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#11 29-03-08 07:51:35

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

mind you we were bad last week at old trafford, and the fans even gave motm to reina!!! and mascherano 2nd.
says something really, especially as reina at fault for 2 goals and mascherano getting sent off, and making it harder for us!
i just hope we beat everton tomorrow now.
im there for that one!

#12 29-03-08 19:46:42

hector
Verified Member
Website

Just think back to the glory days Danny b loody Murphy. It all went down hill for you with him gone   sad sad

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#13 30-03-08 05:34:06

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

yes he was and still is a great player.
i spoke with adi yesterday after his day with you, and he said it was great, and he didnt realise how much there was to learn for fleet.
im considering coming to see you, but it wont be for a couple of months probably.

#14 30-03-08 06:10:28

ExAdiNigel

Good grief, this is rapidly becoming the Hector Appreciation Society! big_smile big_smile

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#15 30-03-08 09:04:05

hector
Verified Member
Website

Reply #12 on: Today at 06:34:06 AM » Quote 

Robbie Your up early kick offs not till 4  big_smile big_smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#16 30-03-08 12:40:11

helee
Verified Member

he is nervouis about the score just as you are Hector abiut us beating Boro today!!!!

HAving said that too late for us now really unless West ham do us the usual favor wink

#17 31-03-08 05:38:47

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

im always up early,
and wasnt nervous! heehee
3 points, and we played a lot better this week.

Board footer