You are not logged in.

#1 16-03-08 17:20:53

ledzepploid

which dvd/software for theory and hazard tests?

Can I get some dvd recommendations (or anything equally as useful) for the theory and hazard tests please.

Cheers

16-03-08 17:20:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: which dvd/software for theory and hazard tests?

#2 16-03-08 17:25:20

VandADI
Administrator

The focus CD roms are very popular.
Lots of useful info on theory and hazard perception test in the stickies set at the top of this section wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 16-03-08 17:27:53

jackie99100

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#4 16-03-08 17:53:04

Lynne
Verified Member

I lend out the LDC one.  Once they're passing HP on that they usually get at least 60 on actual HPT.

#5 16-03-08 18:22:13

ledzepploid

Cheers for the suggestions.  Ta for the link Daisy, but are they worth the tenner more than the alternatives cost?

Ive seen plenty of those focus ones on an auction site, should I make sure there 07/08 revisions or do they not differ much? The screen shots of the LDC one do look good though. But which is best, the LDC one or the focus one? If only harry hill was here.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 16-03-08 19:08:31

jackie99100

Cheers for the suggestions.  Ta for the link Daisy, but are they worth the tenner more than the alternatives cost?

Ive seen plenty of those focus ones on an auction site, should I make sure there 07/08 revisions or do they not differ much? The screen shots of the LDC one do look good though. But which is best, the LDC one or the focus one? If only harry hill was here.

I think they are all the same really if you can buy one on ebay or on an auction site then go for it. I did lots of free test online for my revision and a friend lent me the dsa theory test disc and i passed, think i had only had about 6 lessons when i did mine .http://www.theory-test.co.uk/asp/default.asp try this http://www.2pass.co.uk/theorytest.php?test=ukcar and this

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#7 16-03-08 19:12:08

VandADI
Administrator

It is best to get the 07/08 version as it is more up-to-date, bearing in mind the theory test question bank went up in Sept 07. The Focus cd rom's can be bought very cheaply in local supermarkets for as little as £5.99  wink

#8 16-03-08 21:03:12

Disky
Verified Member
Website

i used to use the DSA ones, but after reading these posts, i bought the focus one, and i really like it, all on 1 disc, nice and easy

#9 17-03-08 13:32:34

Chewy20

Hi, I recently completed my theory test in February, I recommend the Focus discs very much so!  Most of the questions in my test were exactly or pretty much the same as the ones on the focus disc.  I brought mine online from ASDA at a really good price (£6.93 with Free Delivery), heres a link if it works and you haven't already brought something else...
http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/asd … 39.product
It has masses of mock tests and practice papers, the highway code - which is referred to when you get questions wrong, official DSA question bank etc.  I think it is also very user friendly and it provides lots of useful information.  It saved me spending nights on end reading The Highway Code, which to be honest was not appealing to me at all!
The Hazard Perception wasn't as bad as it seemed, I didn't practice this area as much (ssshh) as the questions but the focus disc is a lot stricter than the real test I felt, so if you do well on the focus disc I think you'd be ok.
It also has mocks of practical tests and the show me, tell me questions so can be used further for the practical as well as the theory.   Wouldn't of completed my theory without it!

x~Jill~x
Theory Passed - Q's 49/50 Hp 57/75  (20/02/08)
Practical Passed - 6 Minors (05/06/08)

#10 17-03-08 23:23:50

ledzepploid

Cheers, ill pick one up from asda tomorrow  big_smile

#11 18-03-08 10:02:05

Chewy20

Cool! Let me know what you think of it!

x~Jill~x

#12 18-03-08 11:09:02

VandADI
Administrator

Morrisons are cheaper at £5.99  wink

#13 18-03-08 11:36:08

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Hi ledzepploid - sorry I'm not on topic but I'm interested in your avatar.
Obviously a "pranged car" but what does the text say?  tongue

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#14 18-03-08 17:48:14

ledzepploid

erm...it came out of nowhere!

Picked the focus one up from asda today, seems pretty comprehensive, gonna take me quite a few hours to get through.

On one of the theory sections it mentions using the emergency phones on motorway if you are in or witness an accident, but surely wouldn't using your own mobile rather than traipsing down the hard shoulder be quicker and safer?

#15 18-03-08 17:56:48

VandADI
Administrator

The emergency phones are numbered and show your exact location.  Ideally it is wiser to stop as close to an emergency phone as possible. 

#16 18-03-08 19:56:18

Chewy20

Yeah the disc is pretty comprehensive, I never got through it all either and I studied with it for about 2 months but a lot of the questions I found relate to one another and once you start understanding what to look out for...bingo!  Just do the practice questions and mocks and see how you get on!
Still try and read the highway code though because that also helps for you to relate to the questions.
I hope you find it useful.  Once you get stuck in it won't seem so bad!

x~Jill~x

Board footer