You are not logged in.

#1 16-03-08 00:15:24

littlemissbitch

jelly leg's

Hi

I was just wondering if i will grow out of this so to speak lol , i got bad leg shakes 12 year's ago when i first ever took a driving test , that is one of the reason's i never did it again for so long

but when i first started learning again 4 years ago , a friend of mine once said to me you will never pass your test you and it really offended me and everytime i was out in my car with hubby sat in with me and we saw her my left leg would start to shake , didn;t do it with anyone else just her

then on my recent test neally two week's ago i only got the leg shake whilst doing manouves

but this week whilst taking my children to school as said in another thread some women at school clipped my mirror , and low and behold my left leg started to shake for about 3 minutes when i was driving off from school

and after my little road rage incident as said in another thread , my leg also started to shake but not that bad , now i would class myself as quite a confident driver for a learner or newly qualified driver,  my adi said i was very good and alot better driver than most learner's as i had been on the road 4 years previous ,, so what i want to know is will this jelly leg thing stop or am i always going to suffer from it from time to time ??

16-03-08 00:15:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: jelly leg's

#2 16-03-08 08:03:02

ExAdiNigel

From what you have written, it sounds to me as if the leg shake is getting less and less.  Leave it be and it may eventually disappear.  Have you tried talking to your doctor about it?  Another possibility may be hypnosis.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 16-03-08 08:29:39

littlemissbitch

From what you have written, it sounds to me as if the leg shake is getting less and less.  Leave it be and it may eventually disappear.  Have you tried talking to your doctor about it?  Another possibility may be hypnosis.

Nigel

Hi

Yes i think it is getting less and less , it just seem's to happen if i get frightened now , like when the mirror got cliped i was scared lol and when this man and his girfriend was hurling abuse at me i was kinda scared aswell been on my own in the car

the said girl above that said i would never drive,  it doesnt happen with her no more i pass her now with a big grin on my face as i have passed and she was wrong lol

no i haven't spoke to a doctor do you think it would be wise too ?? is it quite normal for ppl that have passed to get this even tho they have passed do you know ??

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 16-03-08 11:58:53

ExAdiNigel

adiNigel wrote:

Nigel

Hi

Yes i think it is getting less and less , it just seem's to happen if i get frightened now , like when the mirror got cliped i was scared lol and when this man and his girfriend was hurling abuse at me i was kinda scared aswell been on my own in the car

the said girl above that said i would never drive,  it doesnt happen with her no more i pass her now with a big grin on my face as i have passed and she was wrong lol

no i haven't spoke to a doctor do you think it would be wise too ?? is it quite normal for ppl that have passed to get this even tho they have passed do you know ??

Perfectly normal.  Different people will show nervousness in different ways.  Some will be rushing to the loo several times before an event, some will break out in sweats, some will have panic attacks.  Some have found hypnosis helps.   

Does the leg shake really cause you much of a problem now?  If so, before trying any alternative therapy, I would recommend the local gp first.

Good Luck

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#5 16-03-08 12:58:05

littlemissbitch

littlemissbitch wrote:
adiNigel wrote:

Nigel

Hi

Perfectly normal.  Different people will show nervousness in different ways.  Some will be rushing to the loo several times before an event, some will break out in sweats, some will have panic attacks.  Some have found hypnosis helps.   

Does the leg shake really cause you much of a problem now?  If so, before trying any alternative therapy, I would recommend the local gp first.

Good Luck

Nigel

lol i did used to rush to the loo before every lesson lol dunno why as me and the adi got on great and i was fine out in my own car strange lol

i wouldn't say the leg shakes are really a problem on day to day driving i have been passed now only  11 days and every day this last week i have taken my hubby to work in rush hour traffic and i have been fine , it's just when something happen's i must get nervous like when the mirror was clipped as it went with a hell of a thud and i thought my car was wrecked lol and along came the leg shake and i thought omg it's like im on a test again

Board footer