You are not logged in.

#1 13-03-08 16:10:23

premier997bus1fan

Took off My P Plates

Yesterday was the first time I took off my P Plates off my car. I've now noticed that i dont have as many people up my bumper than i did when I had my P Plates on. It just amazes me what people can do. Anyone had the same experience?

Krystle

13-03-08 16:10:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Took off My P Plates

#2 13-03-08 16:28:44

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
Which is precisely why I don't recommend them.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 13-03-08 19:01:43

Busheyfields
Verified Member
Website

Alas "P" plates are an invitation to most people to "take the P***!

#4 13-03-08 21:02:28

Karenadi
Verified Member

Congratulations Krystel.   That is just brilliant.  You are now just one of the many drivers blending into the general humdrum of daily life.

You are a star.

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#5 14-03-08 00:17:43

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

well done krystel, you have now discovered why i never recommend them either. it makes you a target for arrogent,abusive,intollerant drivers who lack your knowlege and skills - yes they are more practiced but frankly "old hat" drive the way you were taught and gain experience. stay safe and enjoy  big_smile remember you can still get better? dont let the L test be the end of your learning. i learn every day! good luck and wishing you happy and safe driving for the future

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#6 14-03-08 00:40:42

pj
Verified Member

never got them for my own daughter so certainly don't recommend them for pupils, best just to blend in with the crowd big_smile

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#7 14-03-08 11:01:02

littlemissbitch

yeah i wont put them on , i hated having L plates because of the way i was treated

#8 15-03-08 17:28:06

Karenadi
Verified Member

Some people feel more confident with them on.  It is a matter of personal choice.

If you were treated badly because of your L plates then I'd be asking why because my pupils certainly aren't treated badly because they have L plates on the car.

Ask Krystel.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 15-03-08 17:58:28

littlemissbitch

Some people feel more confident with them on.  It is a matter of personal choice.

If you were treated badly because of your L plates then I'd be asking why because my pupils certainly aren't treated badly because they have L plates on the car.

Ask Krystel.

just ppl pulling out infront of me all the time on mini roundabout's it never happens when my hubby was driving but always when i was , he persumed it was because they knew i would be slower than the average car when approaching mini roundabout's as most ppl just fly over them,  learners go round them the correct way so they just took there chance  when they saw  the L plates on , i would be on the mini when the car's would pull out from the left and it would cause me to brake ,  if i had a pound for everytime someone did that to me on mini i would be rich lol ,   little things like that annoy me it might not bother another learner but it did me as the rules are you give way to ppl from the right whether it be a learner or anyone else and ppl should obey that not take a chance just because it's a learner coming along ,  i drove for a long long time on L plates i suppose it just felt like it was everytime we went out it happened , it never happened once tho in the adi's car  but then again i wasnt really with a adi  that long 

#10 15-03-08 18:08:38

Karenadi
Verified Member

Yes but a good ADI wouldn't of taken you into situations that you weren't ready for, and therefore by the time you were out in busy traffic you would of been competent.  Other drivers don't see Learner: they see someone that isn't competant and that is what attracts hassle: because an early learner WILL hold up traffic.

I drive my car with L plates on all the while and I don't get any hassle at all. (Not on about learners I mean ME on my own driving)

Ask your husband to stick some L plates on and drive: bet he doesn't get hassle either.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 15-03-08 18:12:10

littlemissbitch

Yes but a good ADI wouldn't of taken you into situations that you weren't ready for, and therefore by the time you were out in busy traffic you would of been competent.  Other drivers don't see Learner: they see someone that isn't competant and that is what attracts hassle: because an early learner WILL hold up traffic.

I drive my car with L plates on all the while and I don't get any hassle at all. (Not on about learners I mean ME on my own driving)

Ask your husband to stick some L plates on and drive: bet he doesn't get hassle either.

it wasn't with my adi it happened with it was in my own car , i have edited above to say it wasn't with a adi , i drove for 4 year's on L plates

#12 15-03-08 18:25:34

Karenadi
Verified Member

If you read my reply you will see that is exactly what I said: it wouldn't happen with an ADI because they know your limitations.

Why 4 years?  Surely sticking with your ADI would of been a quicker option?

#13 15-03-08 18:35:54

littlemissbitch

If you read my reply you will see that is exactly what I said: it wouldn't happen with an ADI because they know your limitations.

Why 4 years?  Surely sticking with your ADI would of been a quicker option?

i was scared to put back in for my test after failing 12 years ago  which was then 8 year's ago when i got my car and started to drive again , i couldnt deal with the test but i wanted to drive   i liked the driving but couldn't deal with another  test so i just drove  with my hubby with me for 4 years  ,  i still dont think it was my driving that caused it as when i got a adi in january this year after 4 years of been in my own car , i only needed 14 hours of adi training and neally all of that was because i couldnt master the rrc and  it took me 5 lessons to get used to his car , he said my driving was fine apart from a bit of fine tuning as i put it,  and that was more misuse of gears as hubby had me driving in 5th all the time and i put the clutch down a little quick all of which at the time i thought was correct as my hubby said it was

#14 15-03-08 18:41:50

littlemissbitch

p.s yes i do look back now and your right getting a adi would of been a quicker option as i passed first time in 8 week's of getting a adi , just took me 12 year's to do it lol , but the thought of that test was just unbearable it was when i did it but im neally 33 so knew i had to do it sooner rather than later and thats why i plucked up the courage and just did it

#15 15-03-08 18:43:27

Karenadi
Verified Member

Well done just the same.  Onwards and upwards we go now. 

#16 15-03-08 18:44:33

littlemissbitch

Well done just the same.  Onwards and upwards we go now.

thankyou smile i got there in the end

Board footer