You are not logged in.

#1 27-02-08 12:45:31

littlemissbitch

test nerves

Hello Everyone

I have got my test next week and the nerves are really starting to kick in  :cry: :cry: :cry: up until about a week ago i was kinda looking forward to it , and it felt like the test date was just taking forever to come , but now i know it's so close im getting very nervous to the point i was in tear's last night saying i can't do it i can't go through with it , i have had my usuall two hour lesson this morning and my driving was bad compared to normal , even my instructer said come on pull yourself together your getting sloppy , i really feel i've got no chance and that im going to fail , would it be wise to take something for nerves before the test ?? my hairdresser recommeded rescue remedy or something like that , has anyone ever taken  it , im a bit concerned it may slow my reaction's down and i dont want that

Many Thank's
Amanda

27-02-08 12:45:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: test nerves

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-02-08 16:21:48

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Hi Amanda

Bach's Rescue Remedy will not slow you down several of my students have used it. It comes as a spray, drops or pastels. I have had about a 50% pass rate of my students that have used this product.

Also some people use bananas, Calms or medicine prescribe by the doctor. A good nights sleep works wonders & believing in your self.

good luck on your test.

Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

#3 27-02-08 19:29:18

madison

Hi Amanda, I swear by rescue remedy (I used the drops) I honestly believe I wouldn't have passed my test without it. I was usually nervous before each lesson, but I had NO nerves whatsoever when it came to my test. I passed it with 4 minors and I actually enjoyed it!!

Best of luck xx

#4 28-02-08 09:50:22

littlemissbitch

Hi

Thankyou for your reply's , well i have just bought some of this stuff this morning , i got the night rescue (to help me sleep the night before) and i got a rescue remedy spray , lady in the health shop said to start taking it now , everytime i start to feel anxious or nervy about the test , i have just taken some now but not feeling any effects yet lol , just wanted to try it really to make sure it agree's with me

#5 29-02-08 22:54:35

Jakey
Verified Member

Try a red bull or two an hour before the test for alertness. A banana is also very good, most importantly breath deeply while you wait for the examiner.

By the way, I wouldn't rely on rescue remedy alone to get you through the test, only you can do that.

Part 1 98%
Part 2 Clean sheet
Part 3 2nd attempt
First check test grade 4
Second check test grade 5

#6 01-03-08 08:45:08

helee
Verified Member

I really believe Tony hit the nail on the head.

Rescue remedy I used for my instructors test and it does calm BUT Self belief is the top drug you should take.

You have the ability otherwise your instructor wouldn't have put you in for test. You now need to know that the driving test is easy (cos you have done loads of revision and practice) and now its only a formality. Concentrate hard for the 40ish minutes and you will pass!!!

Good luck you can do it

#7 01-03-08 10:15:01

littlemissbitch

Hi

Thankyou for your reply's , im taking this rescue remedy like the lady said in the health store but if im honest i dont think its making any difference i still feel nervous , i am so dreading this , my instructer has more faith than me he said im more confident than alot of test standard pupils , he had a pass last week and he said i am alot better driver than this pupil as i have had four years on the road in my own car before i even started propper  adi lessons , but i just cannot bear someone watching me do thing's at all , not just driving anything really , example i fitted the kitchen in my house and decorated it from top to bottom but if anyone was to stand watching me i wouldnt of been able to do it as well as i did , i just can't bear been watched and prefer to be on my own , i know i can drive , if i didn't i wouldn't drive every weekend with my children in the car if i thought i couldn't but this test is really frieking me out sad i will try the red bull and the banana , thankyou very much for all your advice it's much appriecieted

#8 01-03-08 17:08:32

iwanadrive

Hey littlemissbitch, just wanted to say i know how you feel.  My driving instructor has told me to stop faffing around and put in for my test as i can drive!  I have done, yet i spend my time feeling nervous and worrying about whether i can drive even though i know i can.  As for someone watching you, i can't stand it, especially as in this case you know they literally are watching everything you do.  I have tried rescue remedy before and didn't find it had much effect so am also looking for something which will ease the nerves.

Have you thought about relaxation cds to calm you before you go out on your test?  i have been using relaxation cds and found them helpful.

Anyway i wish you the best of luck with it.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 01-03-08 18:28:42

littlemissbitch

Hey littlemissbitch, just wanted to say i know how you feel.  My driving instructor has told me to stop faffing around and put in for my test as i can drive!  I have done, yet i spend my time feeling nervous and worrying about whether i can drive even though i know i can.  As for someone watching you, i can't stand it, especially as in this case you know they literally are watching everything you do.  I have tried rescue remedy before and didn't find it had much effect so am also looking for something which will ease the nerves.

Have you thought about relaxation cds to calm you before you go out on your test?  i have been using relaxation cds and found them helpful.

Anyway i wish you the best of luck with it.

aww thank's for your support , really apprieciete it , today i have been out in my own car and im just making stupid mistakes that will probebly fail me on my test , don't know why im doing this it's really getting to me now i was fine up untill two week's before the test then everything started to go wrong sad done all my manourves today and i seem to be ok with them smile it's just silly mistakes that i wouldn't normally do and i felt really nervous and very un confident today in my own car , which is very unusuall as im normally very confident in my car , my hubby think's im doing fine but he isn't a examiner is he lol 

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 02-03-08 00:55:33

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

...Also some people use bananas...

I didn't know about bananas - are they good for nerves?

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#11 02-03-08 07:25:12

keefidee
Verified Member
Website

IMO bananas, pasta or a jacket potato usually work well with my pupils as they give a slow release of carbohydrates and sugar to the system. Also helps to settle the stomach. I would not recommend any of the energy drinks as they may cause 'edginess' and cause the driver to be twitchy.
The best remedy is trust and support from your ADI and belief in yourself; if you were not good enough to take the test, your ADI would not have put you in for it!
Enjoy your test and show the examiner how good a driver you are. Treat it as a demonstration of your abilities to someone other than your ADI.

Good luck

Keith

#12 05-03-08 12:50:30

littlemissbitch

I've passed i cannot believe it , 4 minors for hesitation and not checking mirrors when changing speed , was quite nervous but only on my manouves did my leg start shaking once they were done i think i drove really well , got a really nice examiner tho and it  was just like having my adi sat with me lol

#13 05-03-08 13:20:01

Tracey89

Well Done Littlemissbitch, Enjoy driving!! smile

xX.:Can we bring yesterday back around coz I know how I feel about you now....:.xX

*Theory Tessed passed on 20/06/08 - Questions: 48/50 & H&P: 51/75*

#14 05-03-08 14:00:29

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

Well done big_smile

Glad you succeeded and I hope you enjoy driving  smile

For the benefit of anyone else suffering from driving test nerves, I've put some (hopefully) helpful advice here - [url=http://www.squidoo.com/practical-driving-test#module7889677]Driving Test Nerves - Test day nerves and how to deal with them
[/url]  smile

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#15 05-03-08 14:38:54

littlemissbitch

thankyou peeps im still on cloud nine i cant believe it , in just two months of getting a instructer  i have passed my test , yet it's taken me 12 years to do it since my last test

#16 05-03-08 14:43:35

littlemissbitch

Well done big_smile

Glad you succeeded and I hope you enjoy driving  smile

For the benefit of anyone else suffering from driving test nerves, I've put some (hopefully) helpful advice here - [url=http://www.squidoo.com/practical-driving-test#module7889677]Driving Test Nerves - Test day nerves and how to deal with them
[/url]  smile

Great info there smile the best advice i can give aswell is read as much info as you can , i read forum after forum and info on driving test's , test failures and test passes , i also watched my dsa theory dvd pratical mock test a few times including watching it this morning before i took the test , i went over and over everything i could possibly go over IMO it all helps , but dont read about too many ppl failing as that can make you worse read more about ppl passing and the things they did in the test through nerves it will all help to help you pass

#17 08-03-08 17:42:02

iwanadrive

Congrats littlemissbitch, your making me feel better about my test now, especially as like you felt, i don't feel confident enough to be taking my test even though i know my driving instructor has only put me in for it because he knows i can drive.

Am really happy for you and glad you got there in the end.

Thanks for your post loopy lou, will check it out in a moment, re driving nerves.

#18 08-03-08 19:04:15

littlemissbitch

Congrats littlemissbitch, your making me feel better about my test now, especially as like you felt, i don't feel confident enough to be taking my test even though i know my driving instructor has only put me in for it because he knows i can drive.

Am really happy for you and glad you got there in the end.

Thanks for your post loopy lou, will check it out in a moment, re driving nerves.

Thankyou for your kind word's , if i can do it anyone can , honestly i am useless when someone is watching me i am still in shock that i have attually passed i keep thinking im going to wake up and it's all going to be a dream , i really didn't think i could do it there were tears , feeling sick and genuinly feeling like crap on the day's running up to the test .

It's one of those thing's that you just have to hold together for 40 minutes and keep focusing on the driving not on the test altho that's easier said than done , and if you feel you have made a mistake dont whaever you do dwell on it forget about it , i was lucky i never made any mistakes that i knew about , but on the manouves cause i thought i was going to mess them up that's when the nerves really kicked in and my leg was shaking uncontrolably luckily he got me to do all the manouves in the first bit of the test so once that was over it was just general driving and my leg stopped shaking once i got back into the driving bit  , all the mistakes i was making prior i just had in my mind so i wouldn't do it ,  i  hope you get a nice  examiner as i did aswell that made me feel really at ease smile

It's just so strange been able to drive on my own  i have done the weekly shop today my hubby cannot get me out of the car now lol,  on monday i will be taking him to work so i can have the car in the day as at the moment it's the only car we have,  there was no point in having two whilst i was learning as one would of just been parked up .

Also i hated driving at night whilst i was learning  now im fine with it , good luck on your test and be sure to let us know when you have it booked it , if your instructer think's your ready then i think your just going to have to go and do it ,  i honestly  didn't think i was ready i was reading stuff on learners drivers websites that said on average you should have 40 lessons well i had no where near that cause of my experiance of driving for 4 years on L plates and i started flapping days before saying to my hubby im never going to pass i dont stand a chance as i should of had 40 lessons,  i really had worked myself into a state  but tbh my driving on my test was very good even if i do say so myself , and the hour before was very good aswell it was like all those mistakes before had come out to learn me not to do it on the test if that makes sense , sorry to go on but just trying to give you a confidence boost to get you to do the test

#19 09-03-08 13:46:33

Lianne

Well done honey... i have my 3rd test next week, startin to get kinda nervous now, so hope im 3rd time lucky

#20 09-03-08 13:58:49

littlemissbitch

Well done honey... i have my 3rd test next week, startin to get kinda nervous now, so hope im 3rd time lucky

good luck i shall be thinking of you smile i know it's easy for me to say now i have passed but try not to get nervous try and keep your mind occupied on something else.

normally before a lesson i would just be on the pc  , but before my test i was franticly hoovering the house just to take my mind off it till my adi picked me up , i found having laugh with the adi on the way to the test on the lesson before helped me i was saying to him in fun can you not take the test for me , and he said well i would have to have a change of haircut wouldn't i to pass as you , then i said not to worry i have some hair extension's at home if you want we will go back and get them lol it all lightened the mood and made me feel more at ease .

when we got in the test centre we had a laugh with the other adi's and learners one guy was sat there waiting for his pupil to come back off a test and my adi said you think you have problem's look at this chap he's sat there wondering if his car's going to come back in one piece so by this time were all in fit's of laughter , honestly it definatly made me feel more at ease rather than just sat there in silence waiting for my name to be called out

also my name is amanda and only my close friend's call me mandy even my mum calls me amanda my adi know's me as amanda aswell . but i decided when the examiner asked what i would prefer to be called i said mandy as it felt more like having a mate in with me ,  so if you have a pet name that your friend's call you might be worth asking to be called that

#21 09-03-08 17:28:46

Lianne

Thanks for the advice, i will keep it all in mind, the main thing with me is the manouvers, espiaclly reverse round corner, although i done thos ok in my lesson on sat.  well done again for passing xx

#22 15-03-08 12:27:06

Lianne

Im so so anoyed at myself failed my test again today.. this time i did not feel very nervous.. i failed on reverse round corner by touchin the kerb.. i only got 4 minor faults.. i cant believe i didnt do it again sad

#23 15-03-08 12:47:39

littlemissbitch

Im so so anoyed at myself failed my test again today.. this time i did not feel very nervous.. i failed on reverse round corner by touchin the kerb.. i only got 4 minor faults.. i cant believe i didnt do it again sad

oh no so sorry to hear about this , don't give up tho get another one booked asap

#24 15-03-08 13:23:48

iwanadrive

Sorry to hear you didn't pass Lianne, must be very disheartening.  hope you succeed next time.

#25 15-03-08 13:30:59

Lianne

Thanks im keepin up the lessons, but not booked another test yet ant to get this ,manouver sorted, cant believe i meesed it up.

Board footer