You are not logged in.

#1 24-02-08 17:17:39

fatdad
Verified Member
Website

what to do?

In my 20 odd years in transport I have never been one to sit still and have looked for and taken qualifications that I think would have been useful and would move me forward the latest project is getting on to the LGV register and am up to prt 3 so im already looking round for other worth while quals to take ones that offer earning potential so far ive come up with a couple but have not been able to find out how to get the relevant quals
1. MiDAS how do I get a instructor qual? Is there one?
2 B+E  is there a instructor qual?
Now I posted this same subject on a rival forum and got some idiotic and stupid replies and really after posting on there for a while I was not suprised as ive not had a serious answer to a serious question on there yet!
So any body got any serious replys
ps the other thought was skid instructor is there a qual for that?   

ADI,Fleet trainer,Rospa Diploma car +LGV ,IAM car+LGV, DIA Special test.

24-02-08 17:17:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: what to do?

#2 06-03-08 07:17:55

ExAdiNigel

MIDAS, don't know how you get into being an instructor for that, I did the course through the local 'dial-a-ride' people and then thought that I could train better than the trainer we had (she appeared bemused at the thought of a right-reverse!), but I couldn't find on their website how you become a trainer.

Only problem with skid instructor is that we have a skid car in Swindon now.  Talk to D&S though, they may be prepared to train you up for that.

B+E?  Try pm'ing John Exley.  I don't think there is an official qual, but the Caravan club may have something there.

Do you have access to a training vehicle for LGV?  I am interested in getting LGV on my licence.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 07-03-08 07:51:49

fatdad
Verified Member
Website

Sorry Nigel dont have access to a LGV training vehicle the 2 people Ive put to test so far worked for a company with there own vehicles .
It might be a good thing that there is now a skid pan local to us as I might approach them about training as getting any form of training off D&S is non existent and the pan is up at castle donnington.
Sorry couldnt help with LGV 

#4 07-03-08 22:49:07

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

Fatdad

Re Midas.  Unfortunately Midas is a downtrained scheme and a lot of the trainers are neither ADI's or PCV instructors, most are really just assessors.  So probably why Nigel felt he could train better than the Midas trainer.  In reality he is probably much more experienced at driver training than the Midas trainer may have been.   
Midas training is much more than just the driving and covers a range of subjects to do with accessible community minibus operation.

The company that I work for operates a large fleet of minibuses and other PCV vehicles.  We have always stayed away from the Midas scheme and do our thing, as we have found that the standards of Midas vary greatly. 

The only nationally accepted industry qualification for PCV instructors is to gain entry onto the GoSkills PCV Instructors register, which is a voluntary register.

Do you have D or D1 professional licences and three years experience ( or one year would do if you have held C for more than 3 years).  If not then D is the licence to go for.

Feel free to pm me if you want more details.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor
SAFED Bus & Coach / LGV / Aggregates Trainer
Driver CPC Periodic Training Centre
IAM Member: Motorcycle/Car/Commercial Vehicle

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 15-03-08 19:23:12

abrocky
Verified Member
Website

Re Midas,
You want to enguire to be come a Midas Training Agent (thats what they call it).  You will need to be an ADI, and if doing mini bus, then u need to have help the full license for at least 3 yrs.

#6 16-03-08 23:29:23

fatdad
Verified Member
Website

Yes I know all that so where do I need to go to apply or enquire

Board footer