You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 15-02-08 19:29:38

DampDog
Verified Member

Re: Fiat Punto

Just to update,
30k miles now, and no problems as of yet,
pupils love it, and its great car to drive

How long you been running it?
I like the look of the punto and it has crossed my mind to try a test drive, the 1.9 diesel looks OK. It's just that the interiors on some models are at bit OTT. Some of the seats have sort of plastic dots all over them, they'd drive me mad. The car do look nice on the roads though, especially in red.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

15-02-08 19:29:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 17-04-08 17:02:51

neil8181
Verified Member

Going shopping for a FIAT on Saturday.

Looks good and is "cheap as chips" in all areas.

On every car review someone will have something bad to say about each car.

Looking forward to seeing a dramatic inmprovement in my bottom line.

Everyone would love to teach in a BMW, but at the end of the day we're in the game to make money.

Any adivice still welcome before I commit myself.

Kind regards

p.s
Robbie, have you an update for us.

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#28 19-04-08 06:09:03

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

its just clocked up 34500 miles since jan 5th 07.
still going good, and its best car ive owned, all my pupils love it, and every new pupil i get all say how nice it is and lovely to drive.
Sporting next for me! 1.4Tjet

#29 15-05-08 22:54:08

EDstart
Verified Member
Website

I have had my Punto Sporting for just over a year. Done 40K. Never been back to fiat. Cost £90 for a service and £240 for some tyres and that has been it.

Great car, great price (Paid just 10 grand - Fiat do loadsa money off for instructors and free duals). I challenge anyone to get a car anywhere near as good for the money.

I have just ordered a new one in black with 1.4 T-jet engine instead of the 1.9 diesel. Leather seats, climate control, auto headlights and wipers and an all important subwoofer for just £10750! What a bargain.

Ed

Should be a pic attached if it has worked properly!

#30 15-05-08 23:12:10

tony adi
Verified Member
Website

Have two Grande Puntos (manual and auto). Both great little cars. Easy to drive, light responsive steering. Small turning circle and easy to manouvre. Comfy and plenty of room in back and boot considering they're classed as a small car.
Only small problem is wife managed to "lose" plastic cover off door mirror arm. Rather than taking into dealer and paying they're prices found a brilliant website that sells Fiat parts very cheap (very fast delivery as well - came next day). Worth bookmarking for all you Fiat owners out there it's http://www.shop4parts.co.uk/index.cfm?a … logue.list

www.selbydriving.co.uk

12.gif

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same
function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy
state of things.”
~ Winston Churchill

#31 15-05-08 23:15:01

samds
Verified Member
Website

What's the auto like?  How much?

I was considering getting one in August.

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

#32 16-05-08 06:47:44

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Ive just had mine serviced at 36201miles (2nd service), needed new brake pads, but good other than that!
while i was there i took a 1.4t jet sporting for a spin, and was instantly hooked on it, i definately want one of them next!
5 door too, which was slightly better for visibility than my current 3 door, and will be better for my kids too.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#33 16-05-08 08:31:45

tony adi
Verified Member
Website

What's the auto like?  How much?

I was considering getting one in August.

Have the 1.4 sports with all the toys. Alloys, leather steering wheel, built in bluetooth, mp3 etc etc.
Paid 8k on 07 plate with 2k on clock.
They have what Fiat call Duologic transmission. So it's an auto but you can also tell it what gear you want, just move the selector up or down (also has "kick down" like any other auto). One of the things a lot of people say about this sort of auto is the gear change is too harsh. But as long as your accelerating smoothly it's not bad at all (you do feel it if you "rag" it though). As with all the other auto's of this sort there is no "creep"(good or bad? depends on your point of view - I prefer to tell the car what to do anyway rather than the car tell me). It has what they call "hill assist" instead so if your setting off at a junction on a slope there is no roll back as you come off the brake onto the gas. You can also just hold it on the gas on a slope quite easily. For a petrol auto it's very good on fuel I average about 45mpg. Have driven most of the other small semi-autos and full autos (owned a couple as well). I think this is the best of them. Pupils love it as well.

www.selbydriving.co.uk

12.gif

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same
function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy
state of things.”
~ Winston Churchill

#34 29-05-08 22:59:00

samds
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for the auto information.

I hired a 1.2 GRANDE on holiday last week, left hand drive.
Took it on a 12 hour journey, driving for around 10 hours it coped well.

It's a cheap, cheerful and reasonably comfortable car.
Very plastic feeling and I didn't like the gear box.
Bodywork is like tin, leaning on it would cause a dent.
No power in it all, it really struggled with hills.

Would I have one for teaching? ... only if I could get a cheap 2nd hand one.
I'd rather buy a 2nd hand Peugeot or Vauxhall than buy a new Fiat.

At University studying Humanities with Literature and Music.

http://www.myspace.com/scottmacalister/

#35 16-06-08 20:42:25

Disky
Verified Member
Website

They are doing an 07 -playe one in uphall scott for £5k

may have a gander as it is cheap

#36 25-08-08 09:44:18

Erick273
Website

I have been using a Fiat Punto 1.2 Active [not a Grande Punti].(06 plate) since I started to work as a driving instructor. It has been excellent, average mpg about 47mpg with Roof Box in use (I can get 55+ without the roof box). No aircon and manual mirrors. Students really seem to like the car and several have gone on to buy one.

The key point I think is that the support from the dealer has been excellent.

I am about to part exchange this car for another Fiat (Grande Punto this time 8-)) But as the dealer will strip out the Driving Instructor Equipment (extra Speedo, Dual Controls, Extra Reversing light) and retail it I would be willing to sell to another instructor (this will have to complete early in September 2008)  if anyone is interested email me at EricRKingdon@aol.com

Board footer