You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 09-02-08 23:17:06

zinger549

The drivings good but?

I failed my second test this week and again. I failed because I made two mistakes which I can't really practice.

The first thing I had to do was a revise bay park as we were in the test center car park and it was clear. Reversed and parked in to the bay no problem but, There was a car than came in to the car park as I started and I didn't see it. I kept moving and then I see this red car next to me. I should have stopped and let the car go passed before continuing with the bay park. That was the serious. On the way back to the test center I came to a double mini roundabout. Sign said give way to people coming down from the right. Go to the first roundabout nothing coming so I drove on. I didn't see the line for the next mini roundabout so didn't slow down. I went over the line and there was a car coming from the right so had to brake suddenly. that was the dangerous.

I don't know how I can stop myself making theses silly mistakes on my tests. I can do the maneuvers and my other driving is ok but it's the silly mistakes.

09-02-08 23:17:06

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: The drivings good but?

#2 10-02-08 07:18:02

FRANKS
Verified Member

why was there a car coming from the left?? you give way to traffic coming from the right at roundabouts.

Have you not seen this roundabout before. You should get to know the testing area well, I'm not saying that you should practice test routes but you should be familar with the area, this will help you.

As for the obs on the reverse in bay that one is down to you, you should know the importance of looking around when doing any of the exercises during a test, you should also know what to do if a vehicle approaches you while carrying out any of the exercises.

The way to stop yourself making silly mistakes is to make sure you're ready for the test with loads and loads of driving practice, too many pupils think that they only need a few lessons to pass the test. After all "my mate passed his test after 6 lessons" How many times have I heard this. Just because they pass there test after a few lessons doesn't make them a good driver just lucky on test. So zinger549 get some more practice under your belt and drive around the testing area so you become familar with it.

Good luck next time.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#3 10-02-08 07:21:15

adi
Verified Member
Website

Pretend the examiner is 15 years old, or imagine if the examiner said to you that he couldn't drive himself and that he has never even sat in the driving seat of a car. If this was the case, think how confident you would feel. Try and keep that frame of mind and that when they give you directions or ask you to do something, and that they are asking you to do it to show them how it should be done because they don't know themselves. This is where your problem is, it's not that you can't do these things, it's because you are concious that you are being watched and that you are a novice.
So next test, don't think novice, think confidence and that you know far more than the examiner does!
Good luck.

Board footer