You are not logged in.

#1 03-02-08 21:25:02

davidjw

Redditch worcestershire

Have done my 40 hours and on a pink licence , so could do with a little help , dont mind travelling a little say 20 miles , if anyone can help need the practice .

David

03-02-08 21:25:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Redditch worcestershire

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 03-02-08 21:30:55

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

I am thinking about going on the pink license route, and here a lot of PDI reffering to 40 hours? What does this mean? Do you have to wait until you have done 40hours before you can take part 3? Or is it that you have to do 40 hours before being able to train with others?

Sorry I am in Cheshire, or I might have been in a position to help!

Driver & Rider Training Centre www.rjhgroup.co.uk ADI Approved Driving Instructor Grade 5 (Car) DAS Direct Access Scheme Instructor (Motorcycle) DSA Driving Standards Agency- ATB Authorised Training Body (Motorcycle) RPMT Register of Post-test Motorcycle Trainer

#3 04-02-08 08:03:26

davidjw

there is a few routes to getting qualified , and the 40 hours is part of it then when you get the trainee licence  you have to do another 20 hours , i have decided to go and teach as i think i will improve fastest using this route , it may not be the right choice for everyone , if you pick up things by doing rather than reading say this route may work best for you , i am not the best qualified to give advise I have to add as i am still learning .

David

#4 04-02-08 17:10:16

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

Thanks David. So you have to do 40 hours part 3 training before obtaining a pink badge? Then you can teach real pupils, however have to do another 20 hours before attempting part 3?

If this is correct, I think I will try this route.

Driver & Rider Training Centre www.rjhgroup.co.uk ADI Approved Driving Instructor Grade 5 (Car) DAS Direct Access Scheme Instructor (Motorcycle) DSA Driving Standards Agency- ATB Authorised Training Body (Motorcycle) RPMT Register of Post-test Motorcycle Trainer

#5 04-02-08 18:19:45

davidjw

that sounds about right , but as i said i am not an expert on this but it sounds like the route i am taking , i have just started my extra 20 hours and teaching a few pupils , practice makes perfect i think the saying goes .

David

#6 04-02-08 21:40:02

Karenadi
Verified Member

I think what you are looking for is another PDI within your area so that you can practice together?

That is one of the best ways you can make sure you are staying on track.  Keep asking and searching.  Who are you training with?

Are they not training someone else locally to you?

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 06-02-08 11:08:18

drivingmecrazy
Verified Member

I am thinking about going on the pink license route, and here a lot of PDI reffering to 40 hours? What does this mean? Do you have to wait until you have done 40hours before you can take part 3? Or is it that you have to do 40 hours before being able to train with others?

Sorry I am in Cheshire, or I might have been in a position to help!

After passing part 2 test:  moving onto the pt 3 training, the number of recommended hours needed is 40.  However some people may feel they need less 35 for example, and may go to test.
However if you chose the route of a pink license and teach real pups, before youre let loose then you need that piece of paper from your trainer to say that you've done the full 40 hours training before you can apply for pink.
Hope this helps.

Yes I know I'm flashing... I'm warning you of my presence smile

#8 06-02-08 13:38:52

Karenadi
Verified Member

This thread is going off track.  The origonal post was a request for a training buddy in the Redditch/Worcester area.  Is there anyone on here in a position to help?

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#9 31-03-08 14:53:19

AndyC161
Verified Member
Website

Hi David

I am very near to completing my 40 hours and have chosen not to go on the pink but could and would like to have practice sessions. I am also thinking of taking my part 3 test in at Worcester centre.

I am based in Northfield so not a million miles away my email addy is andycroft414@hotmail.com. Let me know.

Kindest Regards

Andy

Passed ADI Part 1 23/05/07, Passed ADI Part 2 02/11/07 2 minor. Passed ADI Part 3 18/07/08 4, 6

#10 04-04-08 11:55:34

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Hi

I would haved loved to offer to help as i am in Droitwich, but as im only just in the process of filling in the apllication and revising for part one, i wouldnt be any use.

Good luck with everything. Who are you training with?

Cat

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

Board footer