You are not logged in.

#1 29-01-08 20:36:36

caitlinsusan

TEST IN AN AUTOMATIC

i have done 2 tests in a manual car in the past but, having failed them both and arthritus in my left hip have decided to use an automatic. i know this will limit me to only automatics after the test but needs must.2 little ones at home adn would be easier if could drive)  i was wondering if anyone knew of any differences in the test for a manual and auto (other than the obvious) I'm ready to take trhe test again but having never had lessons from an instructor in an automatic (done plenty in manual but quite a while ago now) i dont know if theres any little bits in the test. lack of funds mean i cant really afford lessons and finding an instructor with an auto ahs proved difficult. i always drive in "drive", anyone know if thats acceptable for the test or do i need to practice manually doin the gears. i know the main parts of the test will be the same for an auto as they were in the manual. i just dont want to fail for a technicality. anyone taken a test in an auto or any advice would be appreciated.

29-01-08 20:36:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: TEST IN AN AUTOMATIC

#2 29-01-08 21:32:03

ExAdiNigel

Where are you based?  Anywhere near Swindon?

If there are no independent instructors teaching in an automatic locally, have you tried contacting BSM?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 29-01-08 21:40:03

caitlinsusan

not near swindon no. oi am south east hampshire. have looked at bsm, who have quoted £26 an hour. i havent asked if they have anyone in local area as lacking in funds at mo. still getting over xmas and with 2 little ones there is always something that needs paying for.  big_smile

#4 29-01-08 21:49:16

Karenadi
Verified Member

I'd be phoning around all the local schools if you've got a bit of time on your hands.  Automatic lessons are always a little dearer than manual however.

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 29-01-08 22:12:43

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

where abouts in hants r, u let me know, i know a couple of auto instructors where i am, be happy to help if i can

#6 30-01-08 11:42:39

caitlinsusan

i'm in liphook, but funds tight at mo. just had to pay nursery fees for this half term, and my mot is due. it never ends. thats why i was seeing if could get advice without paying. cheeky i know big_smile

Board footer