You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-01-08 10:23:34

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

ADI Qualified Instructor

I am looking at Introducing Car Training to my business as I have potentially a full diary of pupils immediately from my motorcycle business. I am looking at 2 Options and could do with some advise please?

1) To qualify myself and employ someone full time to look after the established motorcycle business.
2) Recruit a qualified ADI, along possibly a franchise route?

I have look through different posts on the forum, and can see what a struggle it can be for newly qualified Adi's to establish themselves, so would a newly qualified ADI, look at something along the lines of my second option?

I am confident that I have the business there waiting, within my customer base already? Thoughts would be appreciated!

Driver & Rider Training Centre www.rjhgroup.co.uk ADI Approved Driving Instructor Grade 5 (Car) DAS Direct Access Scheme Instructor (Motorcycle) DSA Driving Standards Agency- ATB Authorised Training Body (Motorcycle) RPMT Register of Post-test Motorcycle Trainer

23-01-08 10:23:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI Qualified Instructor

#2 23-01-08 10:38:31

bigfala
Verified Member

To run both of types of business parallel you really ought to be qualified in both.   That way you can step in if necessary and also have a fall back position if one or the other loses customers.

You need to consider what you would do if you take on an ADI with his own vehicle and he disappears leaving you stuck with pupils and no car

Conversely if you supply the car and fall out with the ADI you will be stuck with car and pupils.if you are not qualified.

Its a difficult one and needs a lot of thought and more input than I am giving here.

There is no reason why running both schools and not being and ADI shouldnt work but you need to be aware of the risks to your reputation if you only have one ADI. 

I would suggest, providing the business can back it up, that you quickly get up to at least three ADIs on the road  giving you a bit more slack to play with.

Hope that helps

Bf

#3 23-01-08 18:24:36

hector
Verified Member
Website

If you can offer a fair franchise with good pupil supply I would go the second route. There are plenty of ADI's after fair and reasonable franchises, despite what you may read on here!
Although as Bigfella says you really need some backup.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#4 23-01-08 20:45:06

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

I am confident that I could come up with a realistic/competitive franchise, and would be willing to negotiate with and potential ADI.
However where would one start to look for an ADI looking at Franchises?
Is there any form of National Publication?
I have thought of contacting local ADI Instructor Training companies, to ask if there are any local recent qualified ADI to contact?

I still also think that if I qualified myself, built up a client base I would be able to recruit for Franchise with a bit more attraction for the ADI?

Driver & Rider Training Centre www.rjhgroup.co.uk ADI Approved Driving Instructor Grade 5 (Car) DAS Direct Access Scheme Instructor (Motorcycle) DSA Driving Standards Agency- ATB Authorised Training Body (Motorcycle) RPMT Register of Post-test Motorcycle Trainer

#5 23-01-08 21:25:54

hector
Verified Member
Website

Didnt realise you were in Congleton!

How soon do you need someone? Sure I can find someone that way who might be interested. I train in Congleton most Saturdays.

Pm if you have any details of proposed fees etc

Nigel

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#6 24-01-08 14:11:25

RJHGT
Verified Member
Website

Hi Nigel,
Thanks for the response.
I am looking to introduce cars to my business during 2008, and am looking at either/both options as previous post, no desperate requirement, however I am concious that I am not tapping into a potential new client portfolio, from bikes to cars, and even then cars to bikes.

For a more immediate car offer, the franchise route would be benificial, however to back up if needed then I would need to be qualified, so am looking at the ADI route for myself.

If you have any ADI's that would be interested, I would be more than willing to discuss a mutial franchise, with car or without to benifit both parties, so please get them to get in touch!

Thanks for your thoughts!
Robert.

#7 24-01-08 22:02:53

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Robert think I might have met you in the past at Macc test centre or at Cardington? Anyway ill point anyone newly qualified in your direction.
Your only problem obviously is potentially everybody wants to go Independent eventually, and new ADI;s always use franchises to build up their own business's. Theres no way round this other than qualifying yourself in reality. Sure you already realise this.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

Board footer