You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#176 17-01-08 20:52:42

adi
Verified Member
Website

Re: Vauxhall Corsa.

Had mine in and even though it was an affected chassis number the steering was okay, my dealership knew nothing of it either until i told them and they had to check for themselves.

17-01-08 20:52:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#177 17-01-08 20:55:13

Karenadi
Verified Member

My dealer got right shirty and defensive about steering, handbrake and the two recall issues they hadn't told me about as yet.

Looks like they just lost out on all my future business after they've been so good for so long as well.  Will go elsewhere!

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#178 19-01-08 14:43:24

WDT

To be perfectly frank, I wouldn't trust a main dealer further than I could kick them. Fortunately I am a very competant mechanic and do all my own servicing. It doesn't surprise me at all that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, or that they tried to stitch someone up for £125 to change a relay.

As for a used alternator at £125? What makes you sure that this is much better than your old one? All that goes wrong is the brushes. One hour job to remove, fix and refit and is as good as a brand new one. brushes will be around £20.

I have not one ounce of respect for main dealers. They are simply there to make money and pass the buck to you if anything is wrong. Wouldn't let one near any of my cars - possibly why mine have never gone wrong! I would rather chew of my left leg rather than let a main dealer give me his unbiassed (yeah right) opinion.

note to me..... try not to sit on the fence so much. Spit it out, what are you tyring to say man? big_smile

#179 23-01-08 17:21:17

Karenadi
Verified Member

Hurrah: Good news and bad news.

There is a recall on the steering - but not my car.

There is however, 2 outstanding recalls on my car, but they've not been able to let me know because, Vauxhall don't have any details as to ownership of my car.  How strange.

Well they have now! And they are finding out why the admin at my dealers failed to complete necessary paperwork AND also failed to supply me with an invoice - as my accountant spotted when doing my accounts.

Will keep you all informed.

#180 04-02-08 08:48:14

andikay
Verified Member
Website

I was thinking about buying a corse SXi I had one three years ago, and had problems with handbrake and steering, The sales man told me the problems had been sorted but on test drive I could only just get hand brake to hold on a steep hill don’t think some of my pupils would have managed it, so after that and reading this lot I don’t think I’ll bother. Problem is what to buy. 

#181 04-03-08 23:14:51

Karenadi
Verified Member

Well I've finally booked my Corsa in for a little work to be done while I'm on my hols (hurrah - Caravan coming out in two weeks)

Are any of these familiar:

Rattling steering at 70 mph (or possibly 60 mph dependant on Sat Nav being right - see below)
Handbrake drops itself off when it fancies yikes
Leaking washer bottle -(took me a while to find out why it always seemed empty day after I'd filled it) yikes
Sat Nav shows 70 mph when car is at 80 mph (do so hope the Sat Nav is right) :evil:
Driver's seat split down the side seam
2 Recall's outstanding that I wasn't told about because the dealer didn't forward my details to Vauxhall!

Oh well never mind: I still love my little car.  Wouldn't swap it for the world - unless it's going to start costing me money. :evil:

#182 05-03-08 00:54:33

dog
Verified Member

Not sure if you knew about this or not Karen but you can check the VOSA website to see if there are outstanding recalls on specific cars:

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

Also - trust the sat nav over your speedometer, it is FAR more accurate.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#183 05-03-08 08:11:36

Karenadi
Verified Member

Also - trust the sat nav over your speedometer, it is FAR more accurate.

Was hoping that'd be the answer because I felt like I was being really naughty pushing it up to 80 mph but at 70 mph as per my speedo, I was being tailed by wagons: which didn't seem right either.

#184 05-03-08 16:46:22

dog
Verified Member

GPS is one, if not the most accurate method of measuring the speed of something. Not to mention, speedometers become more inaccurate at higher speeds. My friends Corsa showed nearly 80mph whereas the GPS verified the speed as 69mph.

After all who would trust a sensor on a spinning wheel, over a bunch of satellites? wink

#185 05-03-08 17:50:17

Karenadi
Verified Member

PMSL: Dealer has told me Sat Nav is probably faulty.  Don't much think so.  They think they are going to be dealing with Mrs Average here: they've got a shock coming.

#186 05-03-08 18:14:18

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I wouldn't want to argue either one in court, but I would have a touch more confidence in a sat nav costing around £100 based on technology that cost billions and is used by armed forces across the world to verify life or death issues over a £20 part in a Vauxhall.

(I'd trust most things above any part in a Vauxhall, but I may just have been unlucky with Vauxhalls!)

#187 05-03-08 18:21:57

Karenadi
Verified Member

In that case seeing mine was £300, it's maybe more reliable then?

I've never had so many issues with a Corsa, but then it is one of the first of the new model: I suppose it was to be expected.

#188 05-03-08 18:27:48

dog
Verified Member

I remember the Corsa C was plagued with issues, literally!

Airbag ECU would fail
Fault with steering column
Fault with steering WHEEL (nothing really serious then  roll)
Fault with ABS
ABS ECU causing fires! (I believe this was one of the major recalls of the Corsa C, it was even on national news)
And of course the old classic, the handbrake! My mate parked his on a hill once, with 4 of us in the car, took his foot off the footbrake and even with the handbrake on really hard, the car still rolled :?

Now with the launch of the Corsa D, there has already been a pretty serious recall: due to "steering may fail" !

#189 05-03-08 18:51:30

Karenadi
Verified Member

'steering may fail'  apparently doesn't apply to my particular car - just everything else it seems.

Even my driver's seat has split along the seam. :x

#190 06-03-08 22:16:32

dog
Verified Member

Might want to get that checked...I expect splits seats are not a good thing if you have side airbags (which I bet you do).

#191 07-03-08 08:24:00

Karenadi
Verified Member

Got side airbags. Taking car to dealer today for them to look at the seat.  No way is it wear and tear or abuse though.

#192 07-03-08 17:23:40

VandADI
Administrator

Not had any problems with my new corsa D - my only gripe is that the 1.2 petrol version is very sluggish in comparison to the 1.2 petrol C version.

#193 10-03-08 20:11:22

dog
Verified Member

I expect the Corsa D weighs a fair bit more considering it is bigger and has more toys. Nevertheless, Vauxhall abandoned the small family hatchback with the Corsa D and it's actually quite a large car now, but they are still putting the same teeny Ecotec engines in them. I've seen 1.0L Corsa D's - how the hell they get up hill with 2 or more people in astonishes me! It also makes me wonder why they waste money putting traction control on the same 1.0L cars...

#194 01-08-08 21:40:38

adi
Verified Member
Website

Any Corsa D owners outhere, thought it was bad enough forking out £290 for front discs and pads (the factory fitted lasted me 40,000 miles though so not bad), just enquired about the cost of a clutch as mine is starting to feel a little 'high', £590!!! yikes yikes yikes

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#195 04-08-08 23:20:07

la.monikita
Verified Member

Any Corsa D owners outhere, thought it was bad enough forking out £290 for front discs and pads (the factory fitted lasted me 40,000 miles though so not bad), just enquired about the cost of a clutch as mine is starting to feel a little 'high', £590!!! yikes yikes yikes

why did you have to change the discs after 40k yikes yikes yikes

is the clutch not self adjusting yikes

and to add to this is it's weight and fuel consumption, the indicators which ARE ABSOLUTE RUBISH, the pillars front and back. For a driving tuition this car is crap!!
I'm glad I bought the last of the old ones. The monopoly and lack of customer care from Vauxhall is simply astounding.
This was the second and the last of Vauxhall's I'll buy! Ever!

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#196 09-08-08 09:35:22

HereComesTrouble

I had 2 of the  Corsa C shape cars. Both were great for teaching in, only gripe being the PAS which would periodically pack in on TITR until you let it stand for a minute or two. Looked at the new one and didn't like anything about it except it was new. 3 door vision is totally ridiculous for teaching in.

Went for new shape Focus instead. Great tuition car and I highly recommend. Also have a 54 plate Clio DCi.

#197 25-09-08 20:50:14

paulaball
Verified Member

i just got a brand new eco 1.3 tdi corsa never had diesel before. pupils find it hard as it revs when they put the clutch in to late but love it to drive. £47 to fill her up and get about 440 miles out of that and £35 tax a year GREAT but did not know about the Driving School Package
cant see the speedo very well they now offer me a 2nd one that fits in the lighter for £100, Not sure about that
and they put the cable dual controls in and iv never used that sort before
they ofered to change them for the rod ones for another £100

#198 26-09-08 07:25:53

kaf
Verified Member
Website

HE-MAN duals for the Corsa D are cable.

Just had to have my clutch replaced at 11,000 miles, the flyweheel also needed repalcing due to 'abnormal use' so they refuse to cover it under warranty, cost......£1038 !!

In 6 months my cars had ABS failure, head gasket recall, heater fan failure (still not fixed) clutch failure, total time off road 5 days.

Now writing a letter to Bill Pafitt MD of vauxhall UK.

My advice, DO NOT BUY A CORSA.

#199 06-10-08 20:47:40

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Well, reply from Vauxhall 'customer service'   hahahaha...........................they will make no contribution.

The car is going ASAP, don't care if I lose money, I refuse to be a mobile advert for Vauxhall.

Do not buy a Corsa.......................have I mentioned that before?

#200 06-10-08 22:25:03

la.monikita
Verified Member

Well, reply from Vauxhall 'customer service'   hahahaha...........................they will make no contribution.

The car is going ASAP, don't care if I lose money, I refuse to be a mobile advert for Vauxhall.

Do not buy a Corsa.......................have I mentioned that before?

that what monopoly does...do they realise they will be loosing customers?!

how easy is it to change a bulb on this model btw?

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

Board footer