You are not logged in.

#101 14-01-08 08:29:45

Dimmy

Re: Should all trainers be a grade 6

I agree Iain, and I do.
I know this might sound strange, but on EVERY lesson I do, I have an imaginary SE sat in the back. Whats even stranger is the critisism/praise he gives me on the way to the next lesson.
Still, some of his advice is positive and can be used to help me improve.  I hate it when he starts interfering with the actual lesson though, I'm trying my hardest to help a pupil overcome a particular hurdle and I've got a bloomin imaginary SE in the back tutting at me.   roll

14-01-08 08:29:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#102 14-01-08 18:13:22

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

......aaaaaaannnddd the prescription is in the post dimmy!

(know what you mean tho!)

#103 14-01-08 21:43:04

hector
Verified Member
Website

I hate to admit it Dimmy but ive done the same many times tongue tongue

I think the madhouse may be just around the corner :cry:

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#104 15-01-08 08:03:51

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

God we're all a bit mad!  Always self critial.....sometimes after a lesson is finished, pup has dissappeared an windows are up I say to myself......"That was S@*T" or "I Rocked!"

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#105 06-12-09 23:52:06

icantdrivesom

Chatting to another adi at the TC yesterday he said that he was thinking of doing ADI training. Now he's only been an ADI for 6 months  yikes, told him that I personally thought that only instructors who have been teaching for a minimum of 5 years and a grade 6 should be trainers. Think I upset him. Does anyone agree with me :? I know at least one member will  lol

Yes Pj i totally agree with you there too many cowboys out there think because they have qualified as an Adi they can teach someone to teach. That takes the professional out of the job. I believe before you can say you are a Trainer you should have more qualifications behind you not just passing part 3.;)

#106 07-12-09 09:32:22

Disky
Verified Member
Website

hmmmmmmmm just read this post, don't know how i missed it.

nice post hector, common sense approach

What annoys me in this industry is that all instructors know they will be check tested, but only a very few, and i mean VERY FEW will actually take the time and spend the cash to get proper CT training. How the hell do they expect to make the grade if they sit and vegitate in their own world and think they can get a good grade without investing time or effort in their own future.

Going back to the OP, no, they shouldn't have to be a 6, they could have just missed it, spending 1 hour every 4 years or so is not a great overall picture of someones training ability. ORDIT, well thats still a shambles, as it's voluntary, most people that make the effort will get on, purely coz they "made the effort"... HOWEVER in saying that, when the ORDIT system completes the planned shake up, it will be a worthy measure of competance.

#107 17-12-09 14:14:55

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

You wouldnt believe the amount of pupils I have had who look at me like im an idiot when I use structured q and a instead of just telling them what they are doing wrong. Its like playing a game with a child with an iq of 300 sometimes.
Sorry slightly off topic-but then again not.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

Board footer